First Prev
of 59
Next Last

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jun 9, 2013
The NSA Leaker should be charged with treason. Not to mention the harm done to our nation by alerting the terrorist enemy to some of our surveillance techniques and successful methods.

He will probably be charged with something. It should be treason.

Judged:

23

23

23

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jun 9, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
The NSA Leaker should be charged with treason. Not to mention the harm done to our nation by alerting the terrorist enemy to some of our surveillance techniques and successful methods.
He will probably be charged with something. It should be treason.
How much is the government paying you?
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jun 9, 2013
The 29-year-old source behind biggest intelligence leak in NSA history explains his motives...

'I do not expect to see home again'...
'I don't want to live in a society that does these sort of things'...
'I believed in Obama's promises'...
'Presidents openly lie to secure the office'...
'Government has granted itself power it is not entitled to'...

Sounds like a hero!

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jun 9, 2013
The entire Congress was briefed on the matter. If there were to be a debreifing for the public...thats where it should come from. Sorta. It would be against the law for any member of Congress to divulge Top Secret program details too.

What the NSA Leaker did was treasonable.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jun 9, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
The entire Congress was briefed on the matter. If there were to be a debreifing for the public...thats where it should come from. Sorta. It would be against the law for any member of Congress to divulge Top Secret program details too.
What the NSA Leaker did was treasonable.
It was treason when our founding fathers revolted against England. I for one am glad they did.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jun 9, 2013
This thread is not about the forefathers nor the British. Try to focus.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jun 9, 2013
"That the NSA routinely lies in response to congressional inquiries about the scope of surveillance in America. I believe that when [senator Ron] Wyden and [senator Mark] Udall asked about the scale of this, they [the NSA] said it did not have the tools to provide an answer. We do have the tools and I have maps showing where people have been scrutinized most. We collect more digital communications from America than we do from the Russians."

Is it not illegal for the NSA to lie to Congress?

Civil disobedience in the face of wrongdoing by the government is an American tradition.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jun 9, 2013
He didn't sell out his country. He told the truth to the people of this country about the lies the government was telling.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jun 9, 2013
guest wrote:
"That the NSA routinely lies in response to congressional inquiries about the scope of surveillance in America. I believe that when [senator Ron] Wyden and [senator Mark] Udall asked about the scale of this, they [the NSA] said it did not have the tools to provide an answer. We do have the tools and I have maps showing where people have been scrutinized most. We collect more digital communications from America than we do from the Russians."
Is it not illegal for the NSA to lie to Congress?
Civil disobedience in the face of wrongdoing by the government is an American tradition.
If the NSA lied to Congress then they should be held accountable. If they lied. But that has nothing to do with Snowden. He was never in position to divulge TS information. He acted just like Bradley Manning did with the Wikileaks. He was entrusted with TS information and he defied that trust and the nation. No telling how much harm Snowdrn has brought upon our nation. And how much of a setback it is on the war against terrorism.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jun 9, 2013
The document says "We the people..." not "We the government..."

This guy is not doing it for profit. He chose to act and accept the consequences.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jun 9, 2013
The spin has begun. Attack the whistle blower, not the problem he is exposing.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Jun 9, 2013
He has upheld his oath to the USA to protect this country from enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC.

He tried going through channels and he was shut down.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jun 9, 2013
guest wrote:
He has upheld his oath to the USA to protect this country from enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC.
He tried going through channels and he was shut down.
He didn't protect the country. Far from it. He gave the terrorist enemy a heads up. Thats what he did.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Jun 9, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't protect the country. Far from it. He gave the terrorist enemy a heads up. Thats what he did.
He said he had been selective in what he disclosed, releasing only what he found to be the greatest abuses of a surveillance state that he came to view as reckless and having grown beyond reasonable boundaries.

He was careful.

Show one life he cost.

You condemning him without one shred of proof he did what you claim.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jun 9, 2013
Disclaimer wrote:
The NSA Leaker should be charged with treason. Not to mention the harm done to our nation by alerting the terrorist enemy to some of our surveillance techniques and successful methods.
He will probably be charged with something. It should be treason.
I think I'll wait for the facts to come in before I accuse anybody of treason.

They said the same thing about Daniel Elsberg.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Jun 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
He said he had been selective in what he disclosed, releasing only what he found to be the greatest abuses of a surveillance state that he came to view as reckless and having grown beyond reasonable boundaries.
He was careful.
Show one life he cost.
You condemning him without one shred of proof he did what you claim.
There is no way to measure the damage he may have caused. Ill be the first to point out "innocent until proven guilty". But Snowden has already publically broadcast his involvement and guilt worldwide. With his philosophical commentary

He did it. Hes guilty. In my opinion....for treason.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jun 10, 2013
It civil disobedience and an act of conscience.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jun 10, 2013
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

But let it be considered, that he did not mean a real and generous love of our country, but that pretended patriotism which so many, in all ages and countries, have made a cloak of self-interest.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jun 10, 2013
“My country, right or wrong”, is a thing that no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying,“My mother, drunk or sober”.

The government has become drunk with its power, even killing its citizens without due process of law.

“I just post facts.”

Since: Apr 13

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Jun 10, 2013
guest wrote:
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
But let it be considered, that he did not mean a real and generous love of our country, but that pretended patriotism which so many, in all ages and countries, have made a cloak of self-interest.
Hes being described as a "Defector" now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Earthquake 9 min Lick my taint 5
What is and where can I get cheapest erectile a... 12 min Lick my taint 3
how much at DCI biologicals? (Sep '09) 26 min Mmeeden 215
looking for good lawyer who works with you on p... 1 hr justice4once 1
three legged horse!!! 3 hr guest 5
Liberals are like children 3 hr guest 12
Brian Mashburn, what a fool 3 hr unwishy 1
More from around the web

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]