Why do the churches say it is required??

Why do the churches say it is required??

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

Country boy

Paris, AR

#1 Aug 30, 2012
0 Solid Arguments Against Tithing
By Jared B on August 10, 2009 | From churchtithesandofferings.com
Abraham gave 10% of the spoils of war while Israel was required to give less from the spoils of war.(Hebrews 7:4; Numbers 31:28-30)
Of all the recorded events about giving in the New Testament Church, there is not a single one about tithing.
Are the children required to pay tribute?(Matthew 17:25; Galatians 4:5)
Jacob freely offered the tithe because he knew without a requirement, it was of freewill to give.(Genesis 28:20)
None of the Israelites tithed while outside of the promised land.(Deuteronomy 12:5)
Abraham was born under an Old Testament covenant that was established long before Moses.(Genesis 3; Hebrews 8:13)
The poor received the tithes and did not pay them.(Deuteronomy 26:12)
Giving is the only gift that has a minimum requirement before you learn to exercise it as a Spiritual gift.
There is no New Testament command to continue or even modify tithing according to the structure of the New Covenant.
Israelites who did not grow food or raise animals did not tithe.(Leviticus 27:30)
Related posts:

Bi

United States

#2 Aug 31, 2012
Malachi 3:7-9

7 “From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord of hosts.“But you say,‘How shall we return?’

8 “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say,‘How have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings.

9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you!
Country boy

Paris, AR

#3 Sep 1, 2012
guest wrote:
Malachi 3:7-9
7 “From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord of hosts.“But you say,‘How shall we return?’
8 “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say,‘How have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings.
9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you!
I think you all who believe this are programed form youth. I think
tithe is s scam, maybe somewhat innocent cuz churches want to ensure their income. What better way than to say God says to give 10%.?? But, irregardless, one CANNOT give to God, only his surrogate (pastor, priest etc) and MOST time I am not going to take from my hard earned money to give to a man who I cannot see works more than 20 hours/week. Oh, they may do PR at hospitals but it is easy work. Plus, most pastors think they are deserving of great compensation and reward for "doing God's work" and I do not.
AMEN
Da whole truth

Clarksville, AR

#4 Sep 4, 2012
Country boy wrote:
0 Solid Arguments Against Tithing
By Jared B on August 10, 2009 | From churchtithesandofferings.com
Abraham gave 10% of the spoils of war while Israel was required to give less from the spoils of war.(Hebrews 7:4; Numbers 31:28-30)
Of all the recorded events about giving in the New Testament Church, there is not a single one about tithing.
Are the children required to pay tribute?(Matthew 17:25; Galatians 4:5)
Jacob freely offered the tithe because he knew without a requirement, it was of freewill to give.(Genesis 28:20)
None of the Israelites tithed while outside of the promised land.(Deuteronomy 12:5)
Abraham was born under an Old Testament covenant that was established long before Moses.(Genesis 3; Hebrews 8:13)
The poor received the tithes and did not pay them.(Deuteronomy 26:12)
Giving is the only gift that has a minimum requirement before you learn to exercise it as a Spiritual gift.
There is no New Testament command to continue or even modify tithing according to the structure of the New Covenant.
Israelites who did not grow food or raise animals did not tithe.(Leviticus 27:30)
Related posts:
Bi
No Tithes are not required, that is Old Testament. Tithes was not even introduced into US churches until 1800's.
Churches just try and guilt people into tithes to insure their own income if you care to believe into that concept. Dont be mislead.
TruthSetFree

Tulsa, OK

#5 Mar 11, 2013
Da whole truth wrote:
<quoted text> No Tithes are not required, that is Old Testament. Tithes was not even introduced into US churches until 1800's.
Churches just try and guilt people into tithes to insure their own income if you care to believe into that concept. Dont be mislead.
That is the truth, if they didn't guilt trip and brainwash gullible people, their bird cages would fall apart.

Tithing was under the LAW. Under the New Covenant, according to Galations 3, if you practice even ONE PART OF THE LAW, you are obligated to DO ALL OF IT! And no one can possibly do that. Plus, we don't sacrifice animals for sin offerings anymore. Jesus fullfilled ALL THE LAW, once and for all.

BTW. those verses from Malachi were intended for the PRIESTS! The priests of that day just like the PREACHERS of today demand money. They are the ones robbing God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats, Fake News Media Exploit Sgt. La Davi... 1 hr Trump The Dumpste... 6
Hillary Nailed On Uranium Deal 2 hr Trump The Dumpste... 51
Las Vegas Survivor Abruptly Dies Days After Pos... 3 hr you know 62
Friends 4 hr Opinion 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr BARNEYII 40,049
Parker homestead festival 5 hr Leelou 1
Greg Allen 5 hr Guest 42

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance