More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 435)

Showing posts 8,681 - 8,700 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9279
Apr 7, 2013
 
The swallows have arrived!
yaron Hoff

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9280
Apr 8, 2013
 
I like crows they are beautiful birds.
What

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9281
Apr 10, 2013
 
Oh my.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9282
Apr 10, 2013
 
Crows are bigger than Grackels..
The Mayor

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9283
Apr 10, 2013
 
Birds fly out of my b hole
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9284
Apr 10, 2013
 
They smell like you mother.
Anon

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9285
Apr 11, 2013
 
oh wow
me too roy

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9286
Apr 12, 2013
 
Sweet Jesus I seen them birds
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9287
Apr 13, 2013
 
me too roy wrote:
Sweet Jesus I seen them birds
The ones from the Mayors butt?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9288
Apr 13, 2013
 
fifty1fifty wrote:
<quoted text>The ones from the Mayors butt?
The ones from your mammys ass...
Crow

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9289
Apr 13, 2013
 
Crows are very smart birds. In fact they are one of the smartest birds in the world. Science news today.
Casper

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9292
Apr 24, 2013
 
I like crows.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9294
Apr 25, 2013
 
I Put a hummingbird feeder out today as well as an orange for the orioles! Most of the neotropical songbirds aren't this far north yet, but there's always the possibility of an early stray migrant.

Winds are forecasted to be out of the south for the next week, so I'm expecting a huge influx of birds to arrive starting this weekend.

This is such an exciting time of year! Bring 'em on!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9295
Apr 26, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
I Put a hummingbird feeder out today as well as an orange for the orioles! Most of the neotropical songbirds aren't this far north yet, but there's always the possibility of an early stray migrant.
Winds are forecasted to be out of the south for the next week, so I'm expecting a huge influx of birds to arrive starting this weekend.
This is such an exciting time of year! Bring 'em on!
Where have you been?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9296
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Where have you been?
Missed me, eh?

With spring approaching fast, I had a whole lot of computer stuff to get done. Old, bad and duplicate photos needed to be gone through one by one and deleted. Folders organized and renamed, etc. I'm still working on it, but at least I made a dent. So far 117 gigs deleted off my external hard drive.

Some spring cleaning around the house and yard was also a priority. Too much time on Topix was keeping me from doing the things I needed to do.

Most importantly, Austin's tumor began to grow again last month and I needed to spend more quality time with him. He passed away April 15th at home, naturally, the way God intended. It was a beautiful ending for both him and me. Suffering was limited to about the last 36 hours. Saturday morning he was still doing well. In the afternoon, he took a turn for the worse after a nose bleed incident. I believe he then started bleeding internally. Things quickly went downhill from there and he died laying next to me on the living room floor late Sunday night while I gently petted his side.

I hope you are doing well.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9297
Apr 26, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed me, eh?
With spring approaching fast, I had a whole lot of computer stuff to get done. Old, bad and duplicate photos needed to be gone through one by one and deleted. Folders organized and renamed, etc. I'm still working on it, but at least I made a dent. So far 117 gigs deleted off my external hard drive.
Some spring cleaning around the house and yard was also a priority. Too much time on Topix was keeping me from doing the things I needed to do.
Most importantly, Austin's tumor began to grow again last month and I needed to spend more quality time with him. He passed away April 15th at home, naturally, the way God intended. It was a beautiful ending for both him and me. Suffering was limited to about the last 36 hours. Saturday morning he was still doing well. In the afternoon, he took a turn for the worse after a nose bleed incident. I believe he then started bleeding internally. Things quickly went downhill from there and he died laying next to me on the living room floor late Sunday night while I gently petted his side.
I hope you are doing well.
Churm vanished about the same time you did and I thought maybe you two ran off together! lol!

I am sorry to hear about Austin. No doubt he lived a great life with you.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9298
Apr 26, 2013
 
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Churm vanished about the same time you did and I thought maybe you two ran off together! lol!
I am sorry to hear about Austin. No doubt he lived a great life with you.
And I with him!

Austin had so many great adventures. He did more traveling in his eleven+ years than many people do in their entire lifetimes. I will have alot of wonderful memories of him and I look forward to the time when I can be with him again.(though I'm not going to rush it.) Right now I have two other boys that need me.(And a motorhome coming out of storage next week.)

I'm sure Churm will be back.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9299
Apr 26, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
And I with him!
Austin had so many great adventures. He did more traveling in his eleven+ years than many people do in their entire lifetimes. I will have alot of wonderful memories of him and I look forward to the time when I can be with him again.(though I'm not going to rush it.) Right now I have two other boys that need me.(And a motorhome coming out of storage next week.)
I'm sure Churm will be back.
I just returned with the family from a 5 day camping trip in the Capitan Mountains. We bought a new trailer in September and we are working the bugs out of it. We have plans on taking it to Greer, AZ and Chama, NM this Summer and to the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque in the Fall...

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9300
Apr 27, 2013
 
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I just returned with the family from a 5 day camping trip in the Capitan Mountains. We bought a new trailer in September and we are working the bugs out of it. We have plans on taking it to Greer, AZ and Chama, NM this Summer and to the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque in the Fall...
Sounds wonderful!

If you get the opportunity, I would highly recommend the Sierra Vista area of AZ. In late summer it is a haven for migrating hummingbirds as they follow the "Sky Islands" south to Mexico. Within minutes of the city there are several beautiful canyons (Ramsey, Carr, Miller, Garden) that take you really high in elevation.(Also Madera Canyon near Green Valley) The birding in this area is rated among the best in the country!

If you're not into birds, the hiking alone is worth the trip. Cave Creek Canyon near Portal is gorgeous. Elegant Trogans can be found there too! A Coatimundi joined us at the campsite one day.

We didn't take our usual vacation to Texas this spring, so I'm hoping to go somewhere some time this year. We may go to the UP early this summer.
churmudgeon

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9301
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ive notvanished. Ive been so busy ive no got time to play on the internet

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,681 - 8,700 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fayetteville Discussions

Search the Fayetteville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
new hospital 9 min Sassy Sue 12
Police crack down on drunk driving during Fourt... 17 min xvadriana 46
Ignorant letter to the editor. 17 min guest 16
milita heading to the border 26 min Politico 170
The Bible Is A History... 28 min guest 2
Strippers 54 min BangoPong 3
Sara at Ocharleys (Jul '12) 2 hr guest 4
•••
•••
•••
Fayetteville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fayetteville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fayetteville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fayetteville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••