best and worst places to live in Faye...

best and worst places to live in Fayetteville

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
new to town

United States

#1 Mar 13, 2011
can anyone give me insight to the best places to live and the areas to stay clear of
mom

Springdale, AR

#2 May 27, 2011
Johnson is awesome!!
Anonymous

Coffeyville, KS

#3 Jun 16, 2011
What about Betty Jo and the area around there? I'm from out of town, but looking to move to Fayetteville next year. It seems like that area is really affordable...is it a decent neighborhood to raise kids in?
stormchaser

United States

#4 Jul 15, 2011
Johnson is a bit of a speed trap but not horrible. Betty Jo is actually one of the worst streets in the city. West Fayetteville is perfectly fine in most areas west of I-540 along Wedington that is except the immediate Betty Jo area.
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Jul 16, 2011
mothermetta wrote:
What about Betty Jo and the area around there? I'm from out of town, but looking to move to Fayetteville next year. It seems like that area is really affordable...is it a decent neighborhood to raise kids in?
Not in the slightest. It's "affordable" for a reason; the properties are very run-down. Most everything off of Wedington, EXCEPT Betty Jo, is pretty good.
dawn drive

Coffeyville, KS

#6 Jul 29, 2011
Dawn Dr has some affordable duplexes and is close to skull creek trail. Is the crime bad there too?
Curious

Guadalajara, Mexico

#7 Oct 1, 2011
Can anyone tell us about "Reserve at Steel Crossing"? Apartments look pretty nice but I know pictures can be deceiving. How is the surrounding area? Crime/traffic/etc? Husband and I are considering re-locating to Fayetteville from NC and are doing alot of internet research on the area and places to live. We have retired early, employment is not an issue for us. We are interested in walking, jogging, hiking, a good library/continuing education system. Fayetteville seems to have it all. Am I missing something? Thanks.
I_Live_Nearby

Fayetteville, AR

#8 Oct 3, 2011
mothermetta wrote:
Betty Jo is probably the only ghetto street in Fayetteville. On one summer day, I saw 4 black guys walking pit bulls down it at the same time. There are usually small unattended children playing in dumpsters and a large group of Mexicans standing around a broken down van.
Fayetteville resident

Fayetteville, AR

#9 Dec 9, 2011
Everyone is right on. The Wedington area itself is all good EXCEPT for Betty Jo. Steer clear of that street. And NO, it is not a good place to raise your children.
Mike Harris

Fayetteville, AR

#10 Aug 8, 2012
Fayetteville resident wrote:
Everyone is right on. The Wedington area itself is all good EXCEPT for Betty Jo. Steer clear of that street. And NO, it is not a good place to raise your children.
One of the worst places is the west end studio apts on wedington
Jana

Fayetteville, AR

#11 Aug 18, 2012
Curious wrote:
Can anyone tell us about "Reserve at Steel Crossing"? Apartments look pretty nice but I know pictures can be deceiving. How is the surrounding area? Crime/traffic/etc? Husband and I are considering re-locating to Fayetteville from NC and are doing alot of internet research on the area and places to live. We have retired early, employment is not an issue for us. We are interested in walking, jogging, hiking, a good library/continuing education system. Fayetteville seems to have it all. Am I missing something? Thanks.
I lived there for 3 years actually. They are nice, but a little pricey and the management & employees change a lot :/

I currently live on Wedington and love it! Not Betty Joe though.. Lol
I notice the obvious

Apex, NC

#12 Mar 23, 2013
I_Live_Nearby wrote:
<quoted text>
Betty Jo is probably the only ghetto street in Fayetteville. On one summer day, I saw 4 black guys walking pit bulls down it at the same time. There are usually small unattended children playing in dumpsters and a large group of Mexicans standing around a broken down van.
A bit of a racist arent you
need a little info

Memphis, TN

#15 May 21, 2013
What is the poorest neighborhood in Fayetteville?
Really

United States

#16 May 28, 2013
I think not
jim

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2013
I am trying to talk my wife into moving to fayetteville from mountain home. It's pretty tough to make a living over here since most jobs want to pay minimum wages. How is the job market in fayetteville?
Laceyjames

Prairie Village, KS

#18 Jul 6, 2013
We're coming from Indiana. We were thinking townhomes by Elder Co. Pleasant Woods I believe does anyone have good things to say about that company or homes???
McMahon

Fayetteville, AR

#19 Jul 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
You do not want to live there!
McMahon

Fayetteville, AR

#20 Jul 29, 2013
jim wrote:
I am trying to talk my wife into moving to fayetteville from mountain home. It's pretty tough to make a living over here since most jobs want to pay minimum wages. How is the job market in fayetteville?
More jobs but not better pay. Higher cost of living in Fayetteville
Jaymi

Olathe, KS

#21 Oct 11, 2013
I_Live_Nearby wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that is pretty ignorant of you! Me being a pitbull owner, I find this extremely offensive. That is very racist and you are stereotyping. You should be ashamed.
I_Live_Nearby

United States

#22 Nov 20, 2013
Iam not racist racism is a crime and crime is for black people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 min BARNEYII 40,862
Brandon Pankey 44 min HEATHER M 5
$26 million dollar stadium add on? 1 hr guest 20
The Bill Clinton Double Standard 1 hr guest 79
Natalie gartman 2 hr Guest 6
Abilities Unlimited 3 hr Thought you shoul... 1
Reformed Baptist Church 4 hr John Calvin 3

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance