turn on your scanners

Posted in the Faucett Forum

Anonymous

Ava, MO

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Christian county has turned off the digital radios. they switched back to regular hill-billy radio. everybody can turn your scanners back on and not be annoyed by the nasty cranky buzzing noises!!!
sadverysad

Ozark, MO

#2 Jan 15, 2013
OR everyone could just get a life of their own!!!
Thank You

Ozark, MO

#3 Jan 16, 2013
Some people are just ignorant, they have been ridiculed and lash out at others because of it. Pray for them, and do your best to be kind to others.

I wanted to know why they have gone back to the old system? Is the digital system in repair or broken?
Player

Ozark, MO

#4 Jan 17, 2013
This means you Raymond, Dustin, Doreen, etc... Get a life!
Anonymous

Ozark, MO

#5 Jan 19, 2013
Thank You wrote:
Some people are just ignorant, they have been ridiculed and lash out at others because of it. Pray for them, and do your best to be kind to others.
I wanted to know why they have gone back to the old system? Is the digital system in repair or broken?
Not sure why they switched back to the old system. It would be a guess that they haven't worked out the bugs. Its also a guess that maybe digital radio is about as useful as a cellphone in the hollers. Or maybe the county just had so much money sitting around that they had to waste it on something.
Anonymous

Ozark, MO

#6 Jan 20, 2013
sadverysad wrote:
OR everyone could just get a life of their own!!!
Being mindful of what our tax dollars are wasted on is part of my life. If I'm going to spend up to %40 of my day away from my personal life and family to fund my local, state and federal government... then I damn well have a right to listen to my government servants and how they conduct their business. I don't care if it's the local police, co sheriff, state or fed. I have a right to listen to them conducting business on my dollars! I can't help to think that it's the most incompetent of those that key-up the mic that are so offended that somebody might be listening to their ignorance.
Mr Spring

Lees Summit, MO

#7 Jan 21, 2013
On for how long ?
Public Safety Official

Springfield, MO

#8 Jan 22, 2013
It'd been turned off until mid summer to allow for repairs and bug fixes. It's a new system not only to us, but to the country as it's used scarcely through out the country. Georgianna, no one said that you can't listen to the "ignorant" people that you so despise.
Anonymous

Ozark, MO

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Public Safety Official wrote:
It'd been turned off until mid summer to allow for repairs and bug fixes. It's a new system not only to us, but to the country as it's used scarcely through out the country. Georgianna, no one said that you can't listen to the "ignorant" people that you so despise.
Thanks for the information. It may be a new system to you and to Rayfield Electronics and the RF Dead-Spots of the Ozarks, but the Motorola P-25 (project 25 digital) system has been in use nation-wide and throughout Canada and the UK for the past several years. The APCO25 or P25 digital comms can easily be deciphered by anybody with a regular scannner and a laptop or PC and a tiny bit of tenacity. Here's a link for a simple run-through.

And when did I say that "ignorant" people said that I can't listen to them? I don't despise the person... I despise their ignorance.
SuZ

West Plains, MO

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Way to go Georgeianna!
Break some knowledge off in their rear ends while you are at it educate us all! You showed me, at first I took you for a cooky old idiot. Boy was I wrong, I apologize!
And thank you!
Anonymous

Ozark, MO

#11 Jan 23, 2013
"I can't help to think that it's the most incompetent of those that key-up the mic that are so offended that somebody might be listening to their ignorance."
Public Safety Official wrote:
Georgianna, no one said that you can't listen to the "ignorant" people that you so despise.
This is an example of how someone can take a statement and let their emotions re-arrange the words into what they think it means.
But, this is Topix so I shouldn't be amazed by it.
Anonymous

Ozark, MO

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Keeping on the original topic of this post, I hope you find the following link of interest. If you have researched and decided that setting up your PC or laptop for digital-demodulation is more than you wish to tackle. This is a simple solution. Not cheap, but simple.

According to "Public Safety Official", you've got till mid-summer before your old scanner is useless again.
Public Safety Official

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
I never said p25 was new. I said the system is new as in new to the area. Mototrbo is new to everybody. I know all about interfacing with your PC. You still can't scan the mototrbo system. And what does Rayfield have to do with it? My emotions haven't rearranged anything. I'm just relaying information about the system being. Do you have emotional issues? That would explain why you went on the defensive.
copper

Forsyth, MO

#14 Mar 28, 2013
Was this a bufget cut item or was the digital technology not working correctly
Logic

Springfield, MO

#15 Apr 1, 2013
They were having issues with the new system. They are making the appropriate repairs and will have it back up and running by July or August.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faucett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for Ed Powell (Jun '13) Dec 19 latasha powell 2
Two bodies Found in Rural Field in Search for M... (Jul '12) Nov 29 Jesse 4
I am a serial farter U tophix tardzz (Aug '12) Nov '14 Lard Bucket 2
St. Joseph Schools' FBI Investigation? (Jun '14) Nov '14 Chaos Reigns Supreme 2
What's Sparta's new Mayor up to??? (Apr '13) Nov '14 dad 468
Crime in Sparta Nov '14 sparta person 11
Walmart coming to Sparta (Apr '14) Nov '14 We R Doomed 9
Faucett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web