Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9774 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Tina

United States

#6272 Aug 5, 2012
Yes the state should require it. These diseases Kill people. For all of you who are worried about side effects from a vaccine I urge you to reasearch the life long after effects of meningitis, polio, diptheria, tetanus etc. If any of you would have ever seen a child get sick and quickly die from meningitis (that could have possibly been prevented by vaccination) you might reconsider. And as far as the state paying for it, for a large majority of the state, they do Its called TENN CARE and with the health care reform all insurances will have to cover immunizations. And with every autistic child I have ever encountered, there were signs of developmental delay long before their MMR vaccine was ever given. and FYI the doctor that pushed thru that study declaring vaccines caused autisim, has lost his license after admitting he lied on his results. I am PRO Vaccine. I feel if there is a vaccine out there it should be given. Yes there are side effects as there are with every drug. However as i said before the side effect is usually much less severe than the actual disease
heavens

Knoxville, TN

#6273 Aug 5, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
used to be if you traveled south of the border you needed all kinds of shots before you went,,today south of the border is here,,just a matter of time before American children are exposed to one of many disease they have no immunity against,,it will be to Americans what small pox was to the Indians,,and no way will the few shots given school children protect them against all the disease coming across the boarder.in a couple more years they will need at least 50 shots,just to protect them from what will be common disease.
Required immunizations for LEGAL immigrants help to protect the US Citizens. Illegal immigrants put us all in danger as so ALL of the Elected Officals and Police Officers that do not ENFORCE the laws. Once again force the citizens to do something but not the illegals as required.

That's right. They have their own set of laws.
True

Johnson City, TN

#6275 Aug 6, 2012
The tissue samples collected from the gut and the central and autonomic nervous system from animals between 16 and 44 months post infection were examined for the presence of the pathological prion protein by IHC.
Truth

Franklin, TN

#6276 Aug 6, 2012
Tina wrote:
Yes the state should require it. These diseases Kill people. For all of you who are worried about side effects from a vaccine I urge you to reasearch the life long after effects of meningitis, polio, diptheria, tetanus etc. If any of you would have ever seen a child get sick and quickly die from meningitis (that could have possibly been prevented by vaccination) you might reconsider. And as far as the state paying for it, for a large majority of the state, they do Its called TENN CARE and with the health care reform all insurances will have to cover immunizations. And with every autistic child I have ever encountered, there were signs of developmental delay long before their MMR vaccine was ever given. and FYI the doctor that pushed thru that study declaring vaccines caused autisim, has lost his license after admitting he lied on his results. I am PRO Vaccine. I feel if there is a vaccine out there it should be given. Yes there are side effects as there are with every drug. However as i said before the side effect is usually much less severe than the actual disease
Please find proof that the doctor admitted "he lied on his results". You are promoting a falsehood. His study stands, has been replicated, and that study in question did not find a relationship between the MMR and the symptoms of the children in the study. Do you RESEARCH, please, and know what you are talking about before you open your mouth or put your fingers on the keyboard.
WTH

Tullahoma, TN

#6277 Aug 6, 2012
Major new issues with vaccines are surfacing.
http://foodfreedomgroup.com/2012/04/26/major-...
Maxi Million

Knoxville, TN

#6278 Aug 7, 2012
All been said. Move on.
Maxi Million

Knoxville, TN

#6279 Aug 7, 2012
If it had not been for vaccinating all the baby boomers we wouldn't have run out of money in Social Security so fast.
WTH

Tullahoma, TN

#6280 Aug 7, 2012
Maxi Million wrote:
If it had not been for vaccinating all the baby boomers we wouldn't have run out of money in Social Security so fast.
No Lovey.All the cancer, animal viruses and toxic crap in the vaccines is bankrupting medicare.
You can add autoimmune diseases to that list.An apparent gift from the vaccines.
UC Rep

Knoxville, TN

#6281 Aug 7, 2012
No
Lacey

Cleveland, TN

#6282 Aug 7, 2012
Tina wrote:
Yes the state should require it. These diseases Kill people. For all of you who are worried about side effects from a vaccine I urge you to reasearch the life long after effects of meningitis, polio, diptheria, tetanus etc. If any of you would have ever seen a child get sick and quickly die from meningitis (that could have possibly been prevented by vaccination) you might reconsider. And as far as the state paying for it, for a large majority of the state, they do Its called TENN CARE and with the health care reform all insurances will have to cover immunizations. And with every autistic child I have ever encountered, there were signs of developmental delay long before their MMR vaccine was ever given. and FYI the doctor that pushed thru that study declaring vaccines caused autisim, has lost his license after admitting he lied on his results. I am PRO Vaccine. I feel if there is a vaccine out there it should be given. Yes there are side effects as there are with every drug. However as i said before the side effect is usually much less severe than the actual disease
I think it is funny that you believe that we haven't done the research. Most of us have experienced or witnessed these diseases first hand.
Spinal meningitus: My aunts best friend had a little boy and they decided to have him vaccinated. He died less then fourty hours after receiving the vaccine that was supposed to protect him. Before he died, they made the heartbreaking decision to amputate both legs and hands in an attempt to save him. It was horrible. Worth it? No.
My mother had spinal miningitus twice as a child and her doctor felt it would be a good idea to have the vaccine to protect her against a third round. She contracted it once again and nearly died. Several weeks later, she emerges from the hospital alive, but severely damaged. It's been seven years and she still has problems with memory and speech. She wishes she had never gotten the vaccine.
A combination of 4 and 6 vaccines including MMR: My cousins were smart, healthy little boys. At ages three and four, a doctor threatened to have them taken away from my aunt because she was endangering them. She believed him. They both ran high fevers and went to sleep. We couldn't wake them up. Nine hours later, the three year old wakes up. He could no longer open his eyes and walk at the same time and began flapping his arm like a bird while running into walls. The four year old woke up eleven hours later. He wouldn't communicate or even look at us. Nine years later, he still sleeps in a corner behind a dresser. The doctor claims that it is impossible that the vaccinations had anything to do with them becoming autistic. Hmmm...
My friend's three month old died of SIDS within twentyfour hours of receiving his shots. Of course, once again, the vaccinations and nothing to do with it. Questionable? Absolutely!
A combination of any number of vaccines. Myself: I wanted to go to school and we didn't have access to my shot record. Solution? Redo it all. Five hours after my second round the vomiting started. I began having serious liver and kidney problems, accompanied by brain swelling and seizures. Thirteen years later, I am still sick. I have chronic Intracranial Hypertension and several other autoimmune disorders. Worth it? No. I would have rather taken my chances.
It is insulting to hear someone who hasn't suffered a vaccine injury tell us that we have no idea what the alternative is like. We do and we understand. It is your right to vaccinate yourself and your children and you are fortunate that you or your children suffered no ill side effects and it is my hope that all of you never will. But the rest of us have rights too. So please feel free to follow your own advice and do extensive research on the other side of the coin. You may be surprised at what you learn.
isiac newton

Cookeville, TN

#6284 Aug 7, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
every one needs the shots but especially the mexicans
red pill

Middletown, IL

#6286 Aug 7, 2012
copy/paste this link minus the ...

topic blocks all of my posts because they do not want me spreading the truth.

...http://www.consfearacynewz. blogspot.com/2012/08/100-studi es-on-health-dangers-of.html

100 studies on dangers of vaccines.
Geeze

Union City, TN

#6287 Aug 8, 2012
Yes, we definitely need to trust pharma.

http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/08/pfizer-to-pa...
andy

Manteca, CA

#6289 Aug 8, 2012
Isaac Baccus wrote:
No.
So allow yo kids to die like they do in Africa is Ok?
andy

Manteca, CA

#6290 Aug 8, 2012
Lacey wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is funny that you believe that we haven't done the research. Most of us have experienced or witnessed these diseases first hand.
Spinal meningitus: My aunts best friend had a little boy and they decided to have him vaccinated. He died less then fourty hours after receiving the vaccine that was supposed to protect him. Before he died, they made the heartbreaking decision to amputate both legs and hands in an attempt to save him. It was horrible. Worth it? No.
My mother had spinal miningitus twice as a child and her doctor felt it would be a good idea to have the vaccine to protect her against a third round. She contracted it once again and nearly died. Several weeks later, she emerges from the hospital alive, but severely damaged. It's been seven years and she still has problems with memory and speech. She wishes she had never gotten the vaccine.
A combination of 4 and 6 vaccines including MMR: My cousins were smart, healthy little boys. At ages three and four, a doctor threatened to have them taken away from my aunt because she was endangering them. She believed him. They both ran high fevers and went to sleep. We couldn't wake them up. Nine hours later, the three year old wakes up. He could no longer open his eyes and walk at the same time and began flapping his arm like a bird while running into walls. The four year old woke up eleven hours later. He wouldn't communicate or even look at us. Nine years later, he still sleeps in a corner behind a dresser. The doctor claims that it is impossible that the vaccinations had anything to do with them becoming autistic. Hmmm...
My friend's three month old died of SIDS within twentyfour hours of receiving his shots. Of course, once again, the vaccinations and nothing to do with it. Questionable? Absolutely!
A combination of any number of vaccines. Myself: I wanted to go to school and we didn't have access to my shot record. Solution? Redo it all. Five hours after my second round the vomiting started. I began having serious liver and kidney problems, accompanied by brain swelling and seizures. Thirteen years later, I am still sick. I have chronic Intracranial Hypertension and several other autoimmune disorders. Worth it? No. I would have rather taken my chances.
It is insulting to hear someone who hasn't suffered a vaccine injury tell us that we have no idea what the alternative is like. We do and we understand. It is your right to vaccinate yourself and your children and you are fortunate that you or your children suffered no ill side effects and it is my hope that all of you never will. But the rest of us have rights too. So please feel free to follow your own advice and do extensive research on the other side of the coin. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The rwnut Republicans in the red states want what the Democrats want, they just don't want to PAY.
working hard

Crossville, TN

#6291 Aug 9, 2012
I think they should at least spread them out. No give them 5 or more at a time.
guest

Humboldt, TN

#6292 Aug 9, 2012
What
zzz

Cookeville, TN

#6293 Aug 9, 2012
STOP Posting
ON THIS DAMN TOPIC SO IT WILL GO AWAY

Since: Aug 12

Baton Rouge, LA

#6294 Aug 9, 2012
As a Registered Nurse I believe that vaccinations are needed to reduce the risk of widespread disease. I do think that children are overwhelmed with too much vaccine at one time and this is what leads to, or adds to the increased risk of, developing autism and other 'side effects' of too much at once. I think vaccines should be mandatory but break them up and space them out a bit more to make them safer. ALL medicines can be bad if too much is given at once. I also am an uncle to a severly autistic boy who was "normal" until about a month after he received his "cocktail" of vaccines and seeing firsthand the side effects of these, I agree that they can be harmful if given in the current loads.
Hey

Tullahoma, TN

#6295 Aug 9, 2012
Interesting FDA connections.
http://fluscam.com/FDA.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farragut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) 1 hr Alyssa76 145
The end of Metro Pulse= No Big Loss (Oct '14) 2 hr Billy Bob 30
Jake Butcher dies 2 hr TN Senior 1
News Former Tennessee first lady Betty Blanton dies (Oct '07) 3 hr Ray Blanton Inmate 9
Tisk tisk 4 hr Laughing at them now 1
William Rhodey (Dec '16) 5 hr seaya 11
Chad and Kristin 6 hr TruHipster 11

Farragut Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farragut Mortgages