Privatization of Virginia Sex Offender Program Opposed - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo...
There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 30, 2012, titled Privatization of Virginia Sex Offender Program Opposed - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spo.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:Eleven organizations are urging Virginia to reject proposals to privatize a facility that detains some sex offenders after they've served their sentence.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.
#1 Jul 31, 2012
This doesn't scream...
#2 Jul 31, 2012
"In Liberty's tenure, only one of the hundreds of men here progressed far enough in therapy to earn a recommendation from company clinicians that he be released"
Really? I wonder why?
#3 Jul 31, 2012
I know a judge in a northern state who was an expert in evaluating sexual predators/offenders who had served their time and destin for release and found that over 98% percent of them still had urges to commit the same acts that they were convicted for initially. The other 2% they felt were borderline thus to close too call and felt it best to keep them institutionalized. The risk is just to high.
These are very disturbed individuals who even after many years of being institutionalized still want to commit these same despicable acts.
Are these organizations going to take responsibility when these animals are released and do it again to some innocent person or child. NO!.....
If a private organization can meet the state/fed guidelines for caring for these animals I see no reason why they should not be able to take this over.
If any person belonging to any of these organizations had a loved one who was violated by one of these animals they would understand that these animals should never be released back into society.
#4 Jul 31, 2012
yeah, I have no idea
#5 Jul 31, 2012
Nothing good ever came out of anything privatized, just the reverse. Just another scam for gubment money.
#6 Jul 31, 2012
Privatization is the wave of the future, get used to it.
#7 Jul 31, 2012
You are right but the wave isn't saving anybody money. The jobs go overseas and the executives make many, many times what the highest paid government employee makes. When the telephone company was a monopoly everybody paid a lot less monthly. The service was better too.
Think about what you said. If prisons go private enterprise, and profits are the real bottom line, might it be possible that some Undiscovered Treasures get prematurely released before they have been "magically cured" by the shrinks, etc? Cells will always have to be available for the newest crop of "hard working wanderers" and that means pushing the incumbents out to make room. It is not at all unusual for a criminal to be recycled dozens of times through the courts around here. The court websites tell everybody what is really happening around here so make use of them. Run the names of your favorite downtown mall rats and wandering beggars through the court websites and see what you find. The revolving door is actually a relief act for the bar association. Their customers never go away and YOU pay for all the court appointed attorneys through a variety of taxes.
Now, I am the first person to say a person should be given a second chance, unless they do something like murder a robbery victim, molest a child, something even a liberal on the city council is hard pressed to make excuses for. But no twentieth or thirtieth chances and that is what the court websites show in too many cases. This is why our reporters so RARELY mention the long conviction records so many of the headliners have to their credit---it is something that nobody wants to touch in this PC (practically communist) mindset that the media has programmed the public with.
Add your comments below
|Neighbors (Sep '11)||May '17||Jasper||2|
|Farmville Music Thread (May '12)||May '17||Musikologist||18|
|today only!||May '17||bulk||1|
|Playing without facebook||Dec '16||smay1957||1|
|Does anyone know a Michael Yowell from Pamplin,... (Aug '09)||Oct '16||Traveler||5|
|Kaine Already Getting Upset, insulting and Inte... (Oct '16)||Oct '16||Kaine Temperment||1|
|Employees NO TO Kaine (Oct '16)||Oct '16||No To Kaine||1|
Find what you want!
Search Farmville Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC