Albemarle Police Arrest Fugitive - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

A fugitive Albemarle County police have been searching for has been arrested. Michael Nelson Currier was taken into custody Thursday night at a hotel in Farmville. Full Story
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Oct 19, 2012
Just to be clear, Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Rt. 53) is in the Scottsville Magisterial District of Albemarle County; the incorporated town of Scottsville is about 16 miles south. So it is the magisterial district that is being referred to in the article. The [unnamed] writer of the article should have known this and pointed it out, so as to avoid confusion.
But what do I know

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Oct 19, 2012
Sarg is correct.
Throughout this story, NBC29 has described the location inaccurately, at best. Mt. Eagle Church is on Route 53 at the intersection with Milton Rd. and Buck Island Rd. and is closer to the Milton area as well as to Pantops and Charlottesville, than Scottsville.
Blah

Richmond, VA

#3 Oct 19, 2012
Sarg wrote:
Just to be clear, Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Rt. 53) is in the Scottsville Magisterial District of Albemarle County; the incorporated town of Scottsville is about 16 miles south. So it is the magisterial district that is being referred to in the article. The [unnamed] writer of the article should have known this and pointed it out, so as to avoid confusion.
Agreed, I live in the area and it drives me crazy when they say "in Scottsville." It's no where near Scottsville. Anyway, glad they caught this scum...
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#4 Oct 19, 2012
Good catch, now lets wait to see if a judge gives him bond....
EST

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Oct 19, 2012
Get the place Right it is Not Near Scottsville It is near Milton.
Freddie the Freeloader

Crozet, VA

#6 Oct 19, 2012
If he had friends in the woods at the end of Chesapeake Street he never would have been found.
Freddie the Freeloader

Crozet, VA

#7 Oct 19, 2012
But what do I know wrote:
Sarg is correct.
Throughout this story, NBC29 has described the location inaccurately, at best. Mt. Eagle Church is on Route 53 at the intersection with Milton Rd. and Buck Island Rd. and is closer to the Milton area as well as to Pantops and Charlottesville, than Scottsville.
Lucky Seven is right down the way from NBC 29 and they have road maps that would help the new reporters greatly.
GPS

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 19, 2012
Molly is from Missouri...
TEX

Palmyra, VA

#9 Oct 19, 2012
I tried to clear this up but no one would listen
Remus

Baltimore, MD

#10 Oct 19, 2012
I wonder where CvilleGenius is with his smarty pants comments ? Probably eating his CROW dinner.

Good job, ACPD !
ACresident

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Oct 27, 2012
I think its hurtful for people to disrespect someone and call names when they are ignorant to the situation at hand. This person is a human being not scum. Sometimes good people do bad things and or make wrong decisions none the less noone has a right to judge another. Make sure your own nose is clean before blowing off snot like name calling. I'm sure you haven't been awarded saint of the century yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmville Music Thread (May '12) Thu Musikologist 14
Who is the countys' most crooked paid official? (Oct '08) Dec 23 bulk 8
farmville neighbors needed (Dec '09) Dec 16 IDA 247
I've been trying to find free history report fo... (Dec '13) Dec 4 Kent 3
latasha scott Oct '14 camwoods 1
Pat Robertson Calls for a "Revolution" - cuz - ... Aug '14 Big Mess 1
My New Water Meter Jul '14 incometer 1
Farmville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web