ETHAN STACY: DA not ready to file charges in Ethan Stacy case, both...

Full story: Fox13Now

The Davis County District Attorney's Office announced Friday it was not ready to formally file criminal charges against the couple accused in the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Suzi Asay

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

The Davis County Sheriff's Office, I believe, is doing all it can to cross all the "i's" and dot all the "t's" in this case. I can't speak for others, but I hope that the Davis County Prosecutor does everything in his power to make sure that Justice prevails in Utah in this case. Any Attorney representing the Sloops should slip into the moccasins worn by the Davis County Deputies who had to retrieve little Ethan's severely beaten and disfigured body from the dirt grave where he was buried and hidden by his Mother and Stepfather. There were NO PLEA BARGAINS FOR ETHAN AND NO MEDICAL CARE FOR ETHAN....his plea's were ignored by his Mother and Stepfather. There should be NO leniency for these two ... I pray that Justice prevails here in Utah in this case and nothing short of a death sentence would be adequate here. The biological father's plea's for his son in Virgina were ignored...Ethan's plea's were obviously ignored....so it is up to Davis County and the State of Utah to HEAR this case and PROSECUTE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW for the Sloops.
shana

Thayne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

They are protecting them where was Ethan's protection? He was not protected.
Trish Ramirez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

The legal system has already failed Ethan Stacy and his father in a fatal, torturous way. While I understand the need for the Davis County Prosecutor to have his ducks in a row when he formally files charges against these monsters so that he can seek the harshest possible penalty for these heinous crimes, I can't fathom why these monsters are deserving of any extra security.

Aggravated murder charges are the only charges fitting for this pair, as they carry the possibility of the death penalty. And I certainly hope that the prosecutor doesn't offer any kind of plea deals - it's not as if there are any questions regarding what happened and who was responsible. If the state can fund extra security while these two monsters are in court, they can fund a trial to ensure that they both get exactly what's coming to them.

http://www.facebook.com/ #!/group.php?gid=1102137656892 85
HarleyHeada

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

I, along with many others, am extremely angered and saddened by this story. In my opinion, our society has become too soft. Along with the rampant gang killings, domestic violence murders...now this child's own mother and step father had no fear in killing him because there is no punishment. Go back almost 100 years, they would have been tried and found guilty and hung the next day! It takes 20 years for someone on death row to actually be put to death...all the time WE THE PEOPLE are paying for them. Ethan's biological father NEW the danger, and was forced, by the court, to send his son to slaughter or HE would have been put in jail for protecting his son. WE KNOW IT'S WRONG! Yet no one tries to change it. Will anyone wake up? Ethan didn't need to die. Especially the horrific things he endured. We as a society need to demand swift judgment and actually USE the death penalty. Ethan, we didn't know you, but you WERE loved. You are the innocent. You are now the face of what our society needs to protect and defend....not the evil and vile creatures who did this to you. If there is a God...may he scoop you up in his arms and comfort you and rest his hand upon your fathers soul for comfort.
Madashell1985

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

How Could this happen, WHen did we become a socicety that allows child abuse run rammpant? We have all these groups that form to protet the rights of animals, and Illeagal imigrants, But when did we stop caring about our children, this is one of those cases tha should make everyone sick, but still its allowed to happen all the time!! We need to start protectig the right of our children!!!
raymond jones

Eureka, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

i feel that thay should be put in with the rest of the inmate and let them take care of them any that can hurt a child should get the same thing thay did to that childand more killing them is the fast way out thay should sufer let them pay for what thay did i wished i could get my hands on them both couse i would make them hurt so bad
Heather

Helper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Why should the sloops get any kind of a hearing.... They should take them to the prison and let the life timers have them.. Let them torch er them as they did to that poor baby boy.. What the hell is wrong with this world today... Why should we have to pay for them worthless bastards to live.. They dont deserves to live he did... Come on stand together and lets just get rid of them both.. How can we make this place a better world when we wont get rid of people like them hello.... To hell with the peoples rights person... Lets get rid of them to.. You know damn well if it happened to them they would want something done... Dont put them in prison just let the prison have them for one week.. They can all have a hay day with them... Again It not fair we have to pay for them to live... Lets all just kill them like that poor baby was killed...
Jay

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

HarleyHeada wrote:
I, along with many others, am extremely angered and saddened by this story. In my opinion, our society has become too soft. Along with the rampant gang killings, domestic violence murders...now this child's own mother and step father had no fear in killing him because there is no punishment. Go back almost 100 years, they would have been tried and found guilty and hung the next day! It takes 20 years for someone on death row to actually be put to death...all the time WE THE PEOPLE are paying for them. Ethan's biological father NEW the danger, and was forced, by the court, to send his son to slaughter or HE would have been put in jail for protecting his son. WE KNOW IT'S WRONG! Yet no one tries to change it. Will anyone wake up? Ethan didn't need to die. Especially the horrific things he endured. We as a society need to demand swift judgment and actually USE the death penalty. Ethan, we didn't know you, but you WERE loved. You are the innocent. You are now the face of what our society needs to protect and defend....not the evil and vile creatures who did this to you. If there is a God...may he scoop you up in
his arms and comfort you and rest his hand upon your fathers soul for comfort.
You couldn't have said this any better...DITTO!!!
Lori

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

We all have to remember that while what happened to Ethan is terrible, horrible and should not have been allowed to happen. He is now in God's hands and NOONE can hurt him ever again.
For his father and his family, I am truly truly heartbroken at your loss.
I hope that the Davis Co DA's office does everything right so that justice is served. But if it is, how long will he sit on death row awaiting all of his appeals??? Ethan didn't get that chance.
Heather

Helper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

why does there have to be a case.. They did it and everyone knows it... Just make them go through what that poor baby did but longer and harder... No hearings nothin. we need to protect the incense of a child. This is the most sick and twisted thing that i have ever heard of. I have been sick since i have found out what really happened to him.. Let me have them i will make sure there life is hell every second of every day for months and months. Yes i'm pissed off that they wont give them justice and give them what they really deserve to get and that's not us paying for them to live either.. Why should we have to pay the price for them worthless bastards to live..
Lori

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

uhh heather, incense is a fragrance, i believe you are looking for the word innocence..
ashley la california

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

are all people in utah stupid? Can't they spell?
Sorry.. God bless Ethan and may god have no mercy on the those who did this to you
Earlene

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

I just watched a sniveling, weeping, poor excuse of a human being shaking before our Davis County judge. NOW Sloop wants pity, compassion and human concern from our community for HIMSELF. He did not give any of those considerations to little Ethan!Not one shred of human decency did he bestow on that helpless, innocent little boy. Thank you Troy Rawlings for making sure the Sloops are going to be prosecuted properly so they will get the utmost punishment they both so richly deserve. I also want to comment about the judge that forced Ethan's father to hand over his precious son to those murderers, SHAME ON YOU!!! That judge was quoted as saying the case was routine. Routine. When you have the POWER, the RESPONSIBILITY of a child's very life in your hands...IT SHOULD NEVER BE ROUTINE. The child's safety and well being ALWAYS comes first. That judge failed miserably in this 'routine case'.
Jay

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

ashley la california wrote:
are all people in utah stupid? Can't they spell?
Sorry.. God bless Ethan and may god have no mercy on the those who did this to you
Was that really called for? You are " barely" any more civilized then the Sloops...(which isn't saying much!)
Name calling does no one any good. What are you trying to prove?
Psedonym

Kaysville, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

I live in the town were this happen. Only two miles away. I can't beleive they did that.
Sins

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Judged:

Jesus especially disapproves of people who hurt children...may heaven help you.
Sins

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Judged:

Also, the prisons are jammed full of sex offenders, I say, put them out of their misery. They will never change their ways, and we are paying for them to breath, eat, and sleep....
put them all in one big prison and blow it off the face of the earth.
murray student

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Mr. Sloop should get the death penalty.
And Mrs. Sloop should get life in jail w/o parole!
ty.
murray student

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

if it costs more for the state to omit the death penalty, then life in jail, so what? Put it on Pay Per View I would gladly pay to watch the sloops Fry!!
Daughter of the Firmament

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

I say that we should bring back the Iron Maiden to deal with these MF's and be sure to close it very slowly on them!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Farmington Discussions

Search the Farmington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nathan John Rabalais 14 hr Valigator 1
Woman Says FedEx Lost Her Breast Cancer Sample Mar '14 A Good Guy 1
Clair's Bison Mar '14 Sammie Tracyyyyyyyyy 1
why does Ogden 13 gang call Sur 13 scraps? (Feb '12) Mar '14 CYS XIII 801 15
New Davis County Arrests Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
Paul Rolly: Legislative UFO buzzes the Utah Cap... Mar '14 Was it a drone 1
Art Student wants to know you dream for Ogden city Mar '14 isaacfarley 1
•••
•••