Restaurants say liquor laws hurting bottom lines

May 30, 2011 Full story: Salt Lake Tribune

Restaurants wanting to open in Utah are trying a new tactic to avoid redesigning bar areas just to comply with a state law mandating that bartenders be hidden from public view.

Full Story
hrm

West Jordan, UT

#1 May 30, 2011
bartenders do not need to be hidden from the public. children will NOT drink just because they see somebody make a drink.

THEY DRINK because it's not allowed. DUH

God you politicians are stupid. CHANGE THE LAWS so this state can actually make money.
Maynard

Park City, UT

#2 Jun 12, 2011
We have to look like retards! People look at us like we are aliens.
dumb laws

Bountiful, UT

#3 Jul 2, 2011
All this is doing is making children want to know more about it and all there going to do is go to a friend and have there parents get them some or just find someone to get it for them its stupid and all its going to do is put Utah in the hole even more face it not all people need to go to aa meetings and not everyone drinks and drive if there so worried about there kids drinking then be a better parent and get off your lazy ass
Blogofacowboy

Draper, UT

#4 Jul 5, 2011
Liberty has it's limits. Religion has none.
Objective Perspective

West Jordan, UT

#5 Jul 13, 2011
I wonder what group these politicians are PANDERING to. hmmmmmm?????? What a ridiculous joke. Companies are already sketched coming to UT b/c of our archaic contradictory laws. Companies have a hard time convincing employees to come once they do even WITH the progressive tax breaks we have offered.

Let's all just admit the religious nonsense based on flawed ridiculous huckster tales that has been steering our legislative process needs to be addressed. It is absurd. Separation of church and state means just that. Time for the moral police to find a new zion, or keep it w/i their home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utahns back religious protections against gay m... Nov 14 Buford 4
Woman who lost eye in police shooting sues depu... Nov 14 mustang Mike 1
why does Ogden 13 gang call Sur 13 scraps? (Feb '12) Oct 27 LiL Pooh 34
More Teacher Misconduct Cases Reported (Oct '09) Oct 23 Yackity Sacks 4
Layton Music Selection (Aug '12) Oct '14 Musikologist 12
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ogden, UT (Aug '10) Oct '14 amishjudy 26
Dance Ogden - Looking for dance studio in the O... Oct '14 Natalie5678 1

Winter Storm Watch for Davis County was issued at November 21 at 3:09AM MST

Farmington Dating
Find my Match