eagle bay obama video: School Princip...

eagle bay obama video: School Principal Apologizes for Video

There are 136 comments on the Fox13Now story from Sep 2, 2009, titled eagle bay obama video: School Principal Apologizes for Video. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

A Davis County principal learned a hard lesson about doing her homework last Friday when Eagle Bay Elementary showed a video that did not sit well with some parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Steve

United States

#122 Sep 4, 2009
I think whoever decided to post the video from the PTA board should be dismissed. I don't think the principal should be blamed. I do think showing CAMPAIGN videos to elementary school kids is not a mere accident. Wasn't this video put together during the campaign for campaigning purposes? Campaign videos ARE meant to persuade viewers, regardless of their age. Someone needs to take responsibility.
Disgusted

Southington, CT

#123 Sep 4, 2009
That parent who said she would have shown it to her daughter anyway -well, that is just the point. WE as the parents want to decide what political messages our children receive - IF ANY!!! They are very impressionable, especially with celebrities giving the messages, and I as a parent do not agree with the content of a lot of the messages that were in this video - especially that dope Anthony Kedis (sp) of the Red Hot Chili Peppers suggesting that we should be servants of the president!! Or pledging not to flush unless it is a "deuce" uh, no. In my home I want a clean toilet not one reeking of stale pee, so yes my children,- you WILL flush the toilet every time!And anyone who was not creeped out by the ending with them all in their boxes saying their pledge in unision needs to read George Orwell's 1984 and take heed!!! MY kids principal better not show this!! How irresponsible to not know the content prior to showing it - unless she is lying and she really wanted to indoctrinate a captive audience!
Disgusted

Southington, CT

#124 Sep 4, 2009
Montoya Bushey wrote:
We feel that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this video. It was unifying and showed how we can better ourselfs and each other as a nation. Are we not taught to support and serve our neighbors? How does this not include the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? He serves us as we serve him! How do you think you have the freedoms that you have today? And note every child that I have spoken to has had the same responce of "what video"
P.S. Mrs. Wade there is no need for an apoolgy.
Holy Cow - do you need a history lesson or what?! How do I think I have the freedoms I have today? Because a brave group of patriots fought back against government control of their lives - they started by throwing tea into the harbor! Get a grip - we do not have our freedoms thanks to ANY president, we have them because ordinary men took up arms and shed blood for our freedoms; and another brave group of men signed the Constitution; and since then brave men and women of our military have fought against foreign aggression to protect those freedoms. People like you are the problem - thinking you owe your God given freedoms to the government!!!
Jim

Ivins, UT

#125 Sep 4, 2009
Montoya Bushey wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen.
Isecond the Amen
Jim

Ivins, UT

#126 Sep 4, 2009
BraveHeart007 wrote:
Farmington Mom I teach my children both sides of the issues I let them come to their conclusion. What kids are receiving in schools today is a one view indoctrination.
however they have read the constitution and the bill of rights they also have read the communist manifesto to know the opposing view. My kids understand the Constitution better than most politicians and by comparing all the new policies to the Constitution they will reject this Marxist-Obama regime.
Isn't it a shame t6hat you have to do it and not the teachers. Good job. Please don't change
Tim Castillo

Salt Lake City, UT

#127 Sep 4, 2009
Enough is enough. Why does Obama think that everybody worships the ground he walks on. He is NOT the Messiah. He just a political hack from Chicago, with far left ideas. I think the principal ought to be fined or suspended.
A real american

Davisburg, MI

#128 Sep 5, 2009
What a phony video clip on being a SERVANT to Obama. these hollywood folks live in a la la zone and actually start believing thier acting ficticious lives on the screen. They make millions and then get on these clips to portray that they really care, take away thier money and then see what change is really about.

Myself I serve only GOD and no man cometh under me.Yes NOT even the new messia "Obama".

Since: May 09

San Diego, CA

#129 Sep 5, 2009
Chill Out wrote:
I am becoming very concerned with the agression being displayed by the right side. Beck and Hannity are wackos making a living off of the stress they cause you with their sensationalism- they are no better than any other celebrity. What matters is not the presidents every move or the opinions of celebraties, if you are teaching your children the right values at home they should be well armed to face the world every day.
what makes you think that most kids are not being the "right values" already? these celebs are disgustingly sickening in their sucking up to the Pres.

San Diego, CA

#130 Sep 5, 2009
not being taught

San Diego, CA

#131 Sep 5, 2009
A real american wrote:
What a phony video clip on being a SERVANT to Obama. these hollywood folks live in a la la zone and actually start believing thier acting ficticious lives on the screen. They make millions and then get on these clips to portray that they really care, take away thier money and then see what change is really about.
Myself I serve only GOD and no man cometh under me.Yes NOT even the new messia "Obama".
you know why they are kissing his a$$, don't you?

San Diego, CA

#132 Sep 5, 2009
Montoya Bushey wrote:
We feel that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this video. It was unifying and showed how we can better ourselfs and each other as a nation. Are we not taught to support and serve our neighbors? How does this not include the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? He serves us as we serve him! How do you think you have the freedoms that you have today? And note every child that I have spoken to has had the same responce of "what video"
P.S. Mrs. Wade there is no need for an apoolgy.
citisens serve only the nation through respect of it's laws, wholesome traditions and customs. The President's elective mandate is to serve the nation towards an end of the common good for all citisens.(something that President Obama seems not to be too interested in)
Meri

Murfreesboro, TN

#133 Sep 6, 2009
This concerns every one in every state not just those in that county. This is the President speaking and he is a federal employee not a local one so it does involve us all. Service is something to be taught by the family: how we serve, who we serve, why we serve, and etc.... Public schools do not teach the values of my faith and family and service is linked to those. I do not want my children to think that service means serving the President. We do not serve the President he serves the country. Politicians forget that they work for US. That means Obama. His idea of service is forcing us to serve the people he choses. That is not volunteering. That sounds more like a prison sentence. I decide how and who my family helps not the government. Our allegiance is to the Constitution- never to a politician or political party.
Therese from No Ky

Erlanger, KY

#134 Sep 6, 2009
I am a servant to only GOD! Please do not tell me or my children through media propaganda to be a servant to President Barrack Obama!
Adam Millcreek

Lehi, UT

#135 Sep 7, 2009
I cannot beleive what I am reading with regards to the comments posted. Why shouldn't you stand behind the President of the United States, you live here right? If you think that not supporting your president is important, then move to a country where you give up the right. I think many people take for granted what most people are fighting for to obtain. You refer to our President as Hilter, are you uneducated or just sheltered from the rest of the world? I hope that you let your childern watch this video because maybe they can form there own opinion instead of listening to their closed minded parents brain-wash them. I support Obama and guess what, I was rasied in Utah and also, I am LDS. Things need to change.
Terry

New Boston, NH

#136 Sep 7, 2009
I don't think the video is appropriate to show in schools. I dont't think we should ever pledge to serve our president. Maybe we could pledge to serve our country but never to the president. Where are all the people who faught so hard to get the pledge of aligance out of schools or do they feel it is ok to plege to serve Obama
americanchic

Wichita, KS

#137 Sep 7, 2009
all i can say is how sad. I'm so disgusted with our administration i don't know where to begin. I can't wait until his term is up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why does Ogden 13 gang call Sur 13 scraps? (Feb '12) Apr 22 White13China 70
News Geologists, residents see more movement in Nort... Apr 16 jsmetzgerin 1
Layton Music Selection (Aug '12) Apr 5 Musikologist 15
Why are Mormons so racist and judgemental? (Nov '08) Mar '16 Pdiggs 198
Cubans Get U.S. Welfare Checks in Cuba Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Vote For Donald Trump Mar '16 patriots 2
The whale in the fields of Farmington is it real? (Dec '14) Dec '14 Fish12 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages