Canandaigua VA sexual harassment case...

Canandaigua VA sexual harassment case settled for $25K

There are 47 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Oct 4, 2009, titled Canandaigua VA sexual harassment case settled for $25K. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has settled a local employment discrimination case for $25,000. The case concerned Canandaigua VA's executive director and an employee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Truth be told

Honeoye Falls, NY

#46 Oct 6, 2009
Joe wrote:
To truth be told. Paternity suite? I am a friend of the Stephenson's and the paternity suite was cleared - you better get your facts straight! And, take a closer look at the executive directors past. I bet you will find several other allegations of sexual harrassment and other EEO suites filed against him.
As you see with this case, if there were other sexual harrassment suites against him, they would have been made public. Not to mention the fact that the EEO investigation that was just done for this case would have found out if there were previous allegations.
Questions Questions

Rochester, NY

#47 Oct 6, 2009
Uh folks, you're talking about suits, not suites.

Just sayin...

The hostility surrounding this is unbelievable.
fear of retaliation-SOP

Canandaigua, NY

#48 Oct 6, 2009
More than two investigations. Previous to Canandaigua allegations of improprieties. Current improper public utterances. Typical attempt to discredit accuser because of exposing other wrongdoing at the VA. This is another distraction that takes away from Veteran Health Care. A thorough independant investigation is long overdue. It'll never happen!
who knows

Honeoye Falls, NY

#49 Oct 6, 2009
Maybe he should file a counter suit against Mrs. Stephenson now for character defamation.

Canandaigua, NY

#50 Oct 6, 2009
he's a public figure - can't sue for character defamation
Former Co-Worker of CH

Topeka, KS

#51 Oct 7, 2009
First of all, I am female. And I do believe and support the sexual harassment laws.
With that said, I do not know the accuser, I did, however, work with Craig Howard when he was at VA in KS...and knowing him and his professionalism and devotion to his family, there is no way these accusations are true! He is the ultimate family man and there is NO WAY he would risk loosing his family or his 30-year career with the VA for some fling. He was always the consummate professional at work.
He did not make the decision to settle, the VA attorney would have made that recommendation. I'm sure if he had his choice he would have continued to fight to prove his innocence so that his reputation would not have been tarnished by slander such as in some of these posts. And be assured, if there had been any proof or facts that he had committed this offense, he would have been removed from his position.
Unfortunately for women (and men) who have actually been the victims of sexual harassment there are some people out there that will make false accusations just to make a quick buck or get back at someone who was unwilling to return their advances. I have seen this happen in the VA.
Good luck to Mr. Howard and his family and know that we who actually know you don't believe any of this!
truth prevails

Traverse City, MI

#52 Oct 10, 2009
She settled for $25,000??? If there was something to all this, seems like she could've gotten a lot more.. Mr. Howard has worked for the VA system for 30 years... does he have a history of this sort of behavior? Was there any concrete proof of wrong-doing? This man has a spotless history. What a shame that a good mans reputation has been tarnished.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canandaigua drug bust (Oct '09) Mon Grady styles 70
News Winter weather advisory canceled, snow still fa... Mar 15 #RachelsGonnaRach 1
News Cops: 2 people found fatally shot in suburban R... Mar 15 B Duckworth 4
News New seminary president's gay-conversion past ca... Mar 14 Tillerless Ship o... 2
News Shortsville sauerkraut, pickle plant to close Mar 11 Sauerkraut on eve... 2
News Jimmy Fallon parties at Upstate NY pub to celeb... Mar 4 WayneCountyDan 15
News Wayne County drug investigation yields four arr... (Sep '09) Mar 3 JohnnyAppled 38

Farmington Jobs

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages