Child struck on Middle Cheshire Road

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A boy suffered serious injuries when he was struck by a pick-up truck while he and friends walked along Middle Cheshire Road about an hour ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of76
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bill t

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

how can you not see a bunch of kids walking along a road.sounds like some one was not paying attention to there driving.
Diane

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Nobody said he couldnt see them. Maybe one jumped in front of his vehicle. We dont know yet.
TheRealCityRes

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Parents in the burbs need to teach their kids not to walk in the middle of the road.
Diane

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Parents in the city need to teach their kids how to cross the street
Peg

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I know 3 things:
a) Mr. Mitchell would have NEVER done this on purpose. He is a great individual.
b) Nate Romano used to pick on me, everyday. There is a feeling of sorrow for him, but maybe now he won't pick on me.
c) No one goes the Speed Limit on that road. NO ONE.
Peg

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

An account:

he went into the other lane to avoid him but the kid suddenly turned and ran right into the truck. there was a toy gun laying there so they must have been playing a game or something
I want my country back

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

How sad. For everyone involved. My prayers are with the boy and his family.
heartless

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

I hope the driver is really proud of himself. No way was he going to swerve to make sure he did not hit one of the punk kids walking in the road. No way was he going to let some punk kid walking in the street with his back to traffic, make him have to slow down and drive cautious for a second or two. Those punks did not own the road, he did.
chicken little

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

TheRealCityRes wrote:
Parents in the burbs need to teach their kids not to walk in the middle of the road.
Yeh, homeboy, just like the city kidds that cross the street @ 2200 hours with no parent in sight homeboy,do you know whare your kids are right now if you know how many you have HOMEBOY? Talk to me HOMEBOY.
Giannamarie22

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Diane wrote:
Parents in the city need to teach their kids how to cross the street
NO ONE in the city knows how to cross the street not parents, not kids... note to walkers CARS HURT!! I always just stop because I am afraid they are going to walk right in front of my car because they get so close and I would rather just let them cross then hurt someone. But boy does it aggravate me
Chesire driver

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Have you ever been on Middle Cheshire road??? There is NO SPACE for ANY walkers. Just staying between his lines he would have clipped them if they were attempting to stay to the side of the road. That road is crazy and is the reason we didn't purchase our home on it. I can't imagine the horrid feeling that driver feels.
bill t wrote:
how can you not see a bunch of kids walking along a road.sounds like some one was not paying attention to there driving.
Dan

Dansville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

Im the son of the driver and i can tell you that my father did everything in his power to avoid hitting them. he saw the kids walking so he went into the other lane and nate suddenly turned and ran into my dad. the dent in the vehicle is more on the side than on the front. But now matter how stupid the kid was, hes just a kid and they make mistakes. He shouldnt have to lose his life for it. I was told he had a decent pulse after the crash so i am determined that he will survive
mom in Candgua

Henrietta, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

How sad for all involved, hope the boy is ok . Middle Cheshire is a winding and small shouldered, terrible to walk, bike, run on,,but I see it all the time...I go the right speed but they need to lower it because of all the traffic and homes out there now ..prayers to the familys
mom in Candgua

Henrietta, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

How awful for your father, I hope he will be alrite as well..that is just a terrible thing all the way around.
Dan wrote:
Im the son of the driver and i can tell you that my father did everything in his power to avoid hitting them. he saw the kids walking so he went into the other lane and nate suddenly turned and ran into my dad. the dent in the vehicle is more on the side than on the front. But now matter how stupid the kid was, hes just a kid and they make mistakes. He shouldnt have to lose his life for it. I was told he had a decent pulse after the crash so i am determined that he will survive
Dan

Dansville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

He wasnt speeding, he wasnt drunk, he did everything he could and he still feels terrible. I have never seen him like this before and im hoping that he can get past it once nate recovers
blahblah

Honeoye Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Judged:

TheRealCityRes wrote:
I disagree with your comment because it's not just kids in the "burbs" getting hit..People walk everywhere, not just the "burbs"...Take a look at the cities, people are walking all the time...Perhaps if everyone stayed inside, there wouldn't be shootings or kids getting hit..Maybe you dont get out often.
ChrisM

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Dan, You sound like a terrific son. Keep supporting your dad during this tough time. News travels fast in Canandaigua, and we all know from eye witness reports that your Dad did everything he could to avoid hitting Nate. Still, he's a dad and this has to hit him hard. We are praying for him and Nate. Just keep being the great supportive son you seem to be! Dads everywhere should be so lucky to have a son like you stand up for them when they are down!
annonymous

Kensington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

I personally know nate and i can't beleive he would pick on anyone. There wasn't a bad side to nate he was one of the nicest kids in our school. I've never heard him say anything remotly unkind to anyone. I also know his friends and they were deffinatly not the type to do anything incredably stupid, his "friend group" was the smart "nerdy" boys in our grade who werent ones to be playing with a toy gun and nothing i have read or heard has indicated that so as far as i know that is false information. Also he wouldnt jump in front of a car, he's not that dumb, trip maybe, but jump absolutly not. And he also wouldnt have run infront of the car if it was trying to swerve around him, again he is not that stupid. But the driver did all in his power to avoid him so i think was just an unhappy accident. I also think that since the driver swerved to not hit him, Nate probably wasn't expecting that so he tried to run out of the way of the car and ended up accidently running into it. Prayers for the family, Nate, you will always be in our hearts.
Diane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

blahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your comment because it's not just kids in the "burbs" getting hit..People walk everywhere, not just the "burbs"...Take a look at the cities, people are walking all the time...Perhaps if everyone stayed inside, there wouldn't be shootings or kids getting hit..Maybe you dont get out often.
Cities have sidewalks and what does this have to do with anything?
i really dont understand what your point is, nor do I understand your attitude. What are you so angry at?
Diane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

heartless wrote:
I hope the driver is really proud of himself. No way was he going to swerve to make sure he did not hit one of the punk kids walking in the road. No way was he going to let some punk kid walking in the street with his back to traffic, make him have to slow down and drive cautious for a second or two. Those punks did not own the road, he did.
you seem to suggest that the driver hit the kids on purpose. I find that very unlikely and the suggestion that he did is both hateful and cruel. Shame on you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of76
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Farmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••