Bicyclist Struck & Killed By SUV

Bicyclist Struck & Killed By SUV

There are 6 comments on the R News story from Jun 25, 2006, titled Bicyclist Struck & Killed By SUV. In it, R News reports that:

An Ontario County bicyclist was killed after being struck by a SUV Saturday night in Canandaigua.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at R News.

Alex Andreani

Sun Valley, NV

#1 Jun 25, 2006
This driver crushed this man
How fast was he going??
How obivious are you to not see a biker at 5 pm in broad day-light
I hope the family of the biker has a good lawyer and goes to town on this guy
What can I say I was going out tonight to buy a bikes for the family but not now I guess I'll get a tredmill
Resident and Cyclist

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2006
This was a tragedy for everyone. A family broken, A remorseful driver. My heart goes out to everyone.
Rochester Cyclist

Rochester, NY

#3 Jun 26, 2006
Why no mention of an arrest or of charges being brought? By his own admission, the driver didn't exercise due care and killed an innocent man out for a bike ride on a beautiful day. There needs to be an arrest and a prosecution here.

It seems that too often people on bikes are treated as if their right to life and safety are forfeit simply because they get on a bicycle. To not prosecute this would be to declare open season on bicyclists in Canandaigua.
Resident and Cyclist

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2006
I understand everyone's frustration. I was there just minutes after.
This was literally in my front yard. Particularly haunting was realizing that Bicycling mag and LAB renewal were in my mailbox at the time. Being an avid cyclist, motorist, and neighbor/homeowner where this occurred, I am torn between every emotion.
It was a horrible tragedy. No one expected this outcome, everyone involved will be effected for life. The driver admits he was distracted, The rider might have been walking, maybe in the road (bike was undamaged) The driver called 911 and was giving CPR. There was a lot of anguish and remorse. Legal and civil penalties will not change things. Maybe more could be done to educate motorists and cyclists to prevent these incidents. This, I think, would be a positive thing.
Poasty

Delevan, NY

#5 Nov 21, 2006
This is a touchy subject. You cant blame the driver, and you cant blame the Cyclist. Both were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Leave it at that.
CayugaSpy

Jordan, NY

#6 Dec 11, 2015
Canandaigua and Geneva are known to have crime after crime and soon they will be worse than Auburn. Leaders need to step up and get police to bring justice to the community!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wegmans begins grocery delivery in some markets... Jun 20 IescapedNY 29
News Norfolk woman accused of stealing TV from Canto... (Dec '12) Jun 14 GROSS 32
Victor Students Slander Student in Amazon Book May 25 ShameonBulliesinV... 1
News RG&E, NYSEG reporting power outages (Oct '09) May '17 Rob 8
News Sandra Arena denied parole (Nov '13) May '17 Mistyday 29
Clover Crossings Apartment Complex Becoming maj... (Dec '14) May '17 mountainbilly 12
News Penfield Man Arrested After Stabbing (May '13) May '17 jchipp 11

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages