More than 65 charged at Matthews concert

More than 65 charged at Matthews concert

There are 13 comments on the Democrat & Chronicle story from Jun 3, 2010, titled More than 65 charged at Matthews concert. In it, Democrat & Chronicle reports that:

Nearly 70 people were arrested last night at the Dave Matthews Band concert at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democrat & Chronicle.

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#1 Jun 3, 2010
More than 70 arrested and only 21 were from the rochester area which includes ontario and livingston counties??

Ben H. Swan, 19, of Orange Tree Circle, Chili, was charged with trespass. He is accused of returning to the concert venue after security officers repeatedly told him to leave.

No where on the ticket he paid for was a rule that says a security guard can revoke your right to passage and NOT REFUND the $100 you paid to get into the venue!!

The rest of the people that were arrested were from Genesee County but the Daily News doesn't want you to think that anyone in that county are bad people, and would do anything wrong in public!!!
fake Dewey

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2010
There always trying to blame the City of Rochester for crime, even when it all white guys form the burbs.
Uncle George

Rochester, NY

#3 Jun 3, 2010
65 arrested??? Lucky it wasn't in Irondequoit or Greece, as they would have closed the concert down.

Unless the police aren't as scared of a few hundred white guys??

Since: Jun 10

Rochester, NY

#4 Jun 3, 2010
Actually, security guards are the master of their domains. What they say goes. That is why they hold the badge. They are the fore-front of what the main office(Darien Lake) would have the public to do anyways. That is why they carry walkie-talkies. They make a simply call over the net, then get confimation to expell anyone who they deem to be unruly, or a threat to Darien Lake's property and guests. So yes, security guards do hold all of the power to revoke someone's ticket in order to maintain stability of the grounds. Within reason.
The Better Dewey

Rochester, NY

#5 Jun 3, 2010
SliceNDice wrote:
Actually, security guards are the master of their domains.
I know, you ever see those fat mall security guys in the food court??

Since: Jun 10

Rochester, NY

#6 Jun 3, 2010
Well getting paid to eat Tom Walh's while wearing a uniform and flashlight sounds like a good gig to me.
Fred

Rochester, NY

#7 Jun 3, 2010
SliceNDice wrote:
Well getting paid to eat Tom Walh's while wearing a uniform and flashlight sounds like a good gig to me.
Well they master their Tom Walh's domain.
FatAlbert

Rochester, NY

#8 Jun 4, 2010
How are we going to control these animals????
Have all the area police departments had a meeting on these punks to figure out how their going to handle them???
It's a shame these animals ruin it for others, I hope the don't have to cancel the concert next time.
Maybe they planned to meet at the concert by using myspace or twitter??
Do these hoodlums take RTS buses out there??
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

#10 Jun 5, 2010
Best one was the guy arrested for public lewdness - he was caught urinating in a mop bucket in the beer stand. How did he get in the stand and why did they let him wizz? If I was working there, I'd have pushed him over so he fell on the ground with his pecker hanging out pissin' on his own self and the crowd could laugh at him.

Not a public john
now I can't wring the mop out
need more Mister Clean

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#11 Jun 5, 2010
joe write wrote:
<quoted text>
The batavia daily news is a joke
Most news outlets are jokes, the media sucks so bad they should just sell vacuum cleaners!!
marky parky

Rochester, NY

#12 Jun 5, 2010
there are dozens of arrests every time darien lake has an event. i'm surprised they're allowed to sell alcohol there, and that they don't search cars on the way in.
Zakaria

Rochester, NY

#13 Jun 6, 2010
The police should just cancel the concert and close the place down if all those white hoodlums some up.

They must use facebook and twitter to figure out where they are all going to meet and cause trouble.
Andycapp

Rochester, NY

#14 Jun 16, 2010
People get arrested at every concert. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Have any idea of how many people get arrested at a Bills Game. The Cops have there own sub station with a drunk tank right at the stadium. I here tell the average Sunday at a Bills game leads to about 200 arrests. Lewdness, Drunkenness and the like. Anyplace Alcohol is served all day long some folks get really stupid. If you want to spend $100 on a Sunday to sit with the Buffalo Drunks at Rich Stadium have at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Scoliosis Treatment Offers Alternative to S... (Feb '08) May 28 Ana 36
News Walmart Lego Theft Triggers High-Speed Chase May 25 RacistFireCrotchB... 5
News Two Decades Later, Wayne County Family Continue... May 25 Farmington Girl Dog 1
Download "10 Keys to Successful Forex FREE $1,3... May 24 Edward black 1
News Thousands in Macedonia protest alleged police b... May 10 GRUEVSKI MORON 2
Clover Crossings Apartment Complex Becoming maj... May 7 Muhamed 8
News Massive drug bust in Macedon; 2 arrested (May '14) Apr '15 Pot Partaker 2
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]