Separation of powers drives discussio...

Separation of powers drives discussion at Farmington City Council meeting

There are 3 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 1, 2013, titled Separation of powers drives discussion at Farmington City Council meeting. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

For Farmington city officials, discussions on the rights and powers of city councilmembers and the mayor have gone on for more than two weeks, raising questions about one official's right to influence the decisions of another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Veto

Goodyear, AZ

#1 Mar 3, 2013
Ahhhh yes the good ol boy system alive and well. Tommy and Rob standing side by side. Maybe Pompous Rob should re-analyze his train of thought. If the council votes to retain the city manager that would make them, or a council member, of higher authority than the city manager.

How can Mayes levy a 6 page reprimand on an elected official who is not technically classified as an employee? I would say Mayes has over stepped his bounds.

I see some similarites in this latest fiasco much like the termination of Sgt Perez. Both Mary and Perez challenged Mayes painting him in a less than stellar portrait. Is Mayes going to now call for an IA be initiated on Mary?

Rob and the rest of his clique, Westall, McPheeters, Mitchell, are severely lacking in the integrity department. All one has to do is look into their backgrounds and will see there are some credibility issues.

Rob how about answering some questions about little Johhny? How was he able to enter NMMI with his previous charges dismissed? Wasnt a condition of the agreement that he be enrolled in NMMI? Are the original chsrges going to be levied again? You stated John was back for summer recess and was scheduled to attend as you put it and intensive program at the boys ranch. NMMI stated John was dismissed from NMMI in March or April. Who are we to believe you or NMMI? The night John took off which ultimately led to the death of Dr Nordstrom, knowing his background why did you choose look for him yourself instead of notifying law enforcement knowing his past history? Why would your police chief vouch for the character of the delinquent and attempt to use his position to attempt to influence investigators? Why did Westall pull FPD assets off of the crime scene? I would venture to say its a case of you wash my back I'll wash yours.

Mr Mayes you have no ethics or character and that claim can be substantiated by your actions as well as statement you have made to the media in both your sons predicament as well as the CVB fiasco.

Maybe the council as a whole needs to look closely at you unethical leadership and question your future with the COF.
who will say something

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Mar 3, 2013
when will farmington, nm be investigated for the corruption, back room deals,city council ineptness,oil and gas deals with council member connections and of course the city manager who apparently is in charge. we all know darnell can't say anything even if he had the intellegence or education, fischer does to a certain extent and roberts will say anything his wife's tells him to to keep him in the lifestyle with her money. as for the others they will keep their focus on thier financial interest. it all flows down to the determent of the citizens, so who will say something? the daily, they are a laugh. all others have their ties to each other, just look at the makeup of city, county and the other's that are connected. simply disgusting!
no bull

Aztec, NM

#3 Mar 3, 2013
You go Mary, you are my HERO. Some day the citizens will get fed up with the "good ol boy" system and give them all a boot in the as**.

Tommy, you stay out of Mary's business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 2 hr Belinda 6,402
Worse place I've ever lived 7 hr The Green Watch Dog 31
News Farmington Tea Party draws hundreds of protesters (Apr '09) 12 hr swedenforever 266
News Louis Joseph Fayad (Jan '09) Tue Jlsf 5
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) May 24 IBdaMann 30,820
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) May 23 XandO 433
Disabled Parking May 22 Leaving 2
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]