Motion to withdraw toddler murder plea denied

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

A guilty plea entered by Jose Garcia last year in connection with the stomping death of a toddler will stand, a district court judge ruled Tuesday.
Comments
61 - 69 of 69 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2009
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Judy Kuettel

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Yes, I would love to know all the facts, in fact today 8/30/08 I passed a restrauant at Animas Valley mall and there was a hispanic man that looked exactely like the picture in the Farmington Times. All I could think of was he has got to be in jail doesn't he? Anyway my search to make sure he was in jail led me to this web site. I have prayed for you and your little girl and your family. I seek solidarity with people who believe child murders and violent child predators ARE put away for a long time. I will also pursue other avenues of information,( Court Disposition), in case you do not want to talk about it. God Bless to you and your family in heaven and on earth.:)
Taegens MOM wrote:
To all of you that think that I should be punished for my daughters death, shame on YOU! I am an excellent mother and my little princess was the light of my life. I died that night right along with her. I have also been honest throughout this whole ordeal. So, if you think for one second I have my daughters blood on my hands, you are mistaken. Don't just beleive all the bullshit you hear. You are all welcome to find out the truth! Lets talk about the damage that coward mother f**ker did to my daughter. Lets talk about the smile that piece gave me when he saw me in court. Lets talk about beeting a baby to DEATH! Let's talk about holding your bruised and bloody baby in your arms! Your right, we should go to trial. that way he gets all 38 years! I already know all the facts, are you ready to hear them??
another voice

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Oh my gosh! The hurt is deep on both sides. It's horrible all around...I was wondering if Just Me is part of the Garcia Family..I couldn't believe it was Jose...we live close...very concerned...
dont judge me

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

no one knows wat really happen but the ones that were there so stop judging n back off jose has been through alot n i know u all have to but u don't know the loving n caring jose i do
Mr Vallejos

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Not scared to put my real name like most of you punks on here. Jose is a punk period nothing else to talk about.HE KILLED TAEGAN not anyone else.....most of you idiots that are stickin up for him have not seen an autopsy report....If anyone has anything to say to me its obvious who i am Dom Vallejos
totallysickened

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Just Me wrote:
Is that what it is Sandra Price protecting the family?... she should allow a trial for all the evedence to be brought to light and the truth be told.... where were the parents and grandparents?... why is it that the Mckinneys child is gone but none of the evedience of the home where this child was supposed to be safe has been touched on...The mother left this child in a filthy disgusting home... paying her babysitters with Booze and Dope and expecing her child to be safe.... The parents have blood on there hands also... they created this mess if they would have used there brians we wouldn't be in here today. The parents today couldn't pass a drug and alcohol test I bet... Yes a child is dead and that is so sad... but it's always easyer to put the blam on someone else... as the Mckinneys have...
You are disgusting!!!!!!!!!! I do not know the McKinney family or anything about their habits or personal situation, but what I do know is that it is hard for me to fathom how you or anyone else could honestly and openly try and defend this little gang banging drugged out worthless excuse for a human being! Regardless of Taegans "homelife"! This little girl never asked nor deserved to have anything but love and nurturing shown to her, and for someone to literally stomp, punch and throw this baby around like a ragdoll is a call to everyone to question where our society is heading and to come together and try to figure out where we have all gone wrong! I firmly believe that Jose Garcia should be executed for the animalistic and senseless murder of this poor child, but due to the legal system we have in our State and our Country, Jose has the legal right to challenge his conviction, so we can not criticize the Judge for following due process, and as a person who knows Sandra Price, I can assure you that she agonized over the original trial and made it very clear how she felt, and to have to hear this case again, would be nothing but torture, but she is a professional in her court room and will do as the law requires.
The people who should be questionned are the people who can actually stand behind this animal and claim unfair acts have been levied against him. Apparently they didnt see the crime scene photos, or read an autopsy report and see what Jose did, regardless of his drug use, or alcohol use that night. Drugs and Alcohol bring out issues and emotions that are buried deep inside a person, and under normal circumstances most people are able to control themselves, but the rage and insensitivity that fueled Taegans murder are unthinkable, and Jose in my opinion has no right to even be breathing today! The only injustices that have taken place in this tragic case is the fact that Jose will not die for his actions that night, and that Akashia did not receive a minimum life sentence for her involvement or lack thereof that night, much less no legal actions being taken against her at all! I hope Taegan lives in her head everyday and that she hears Taegans screams of agony in her dreams every single night of her pathetic, miserable excuse making life! But unfortunately, those of you who know her, know that isn't the case, she is walking around and living her life happy and carefree and acting like she is a victim herself and taking no repsonsibility for what happened to Taegan in any way! I would have gladly died myself, trying to protect this innocent child from Jose, yet she did nothing. And as for the family (Uncle and Aunts included) you should feel ashamed of yourselves for not turning your backs on this animal and for not just allowing the legal system to handle him and accept the original punishment he was given. I believe that the real justice system will eventually work when he is in general population in prison.
totallysickened

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

from somewhere wrote:
the monsters are the Mckinneys!!!!!! yo DO NOT GIVE YOUR BABY SITTER DRUGS AND ALCOHOL!!!! you DO NOT leave your children all day and night with 15 year olds where was her mother? there was no adult suervision and The McKinneys are free and clear in the death of there daughter...
You have free speech, and by GOD your using it to spread all the ridiculous bull-s-h-i-t you possible can, so quit changing your anonymous screen name around you stupid a** moron, how many people do you think will actually believe there are multiple people from "placitas" commenting here? If you think it, say it and stand behind it or get the hell off of here and crawl back under the rock you came from!

Since: Sep 08

Farmington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Taegens MOM wrote:
To all of you that think that I should be punished for my daughters death, shame on YOU! I am an excellent mother and my little princess was the light of my life. I died that night right along with her. I have also been honest throughout this whole ordeal. So, if you think for one second I have my daughters blood on my hands, you are mistaken. Don't just beleive all the **** you hear. You are all welcome to find out the truth! Lets talk about the damage that coward mother f**ker did to my daughter. Lets talk about the smile that piece gave me when he saw me in court. Lets talk about beeting a baby to DEATH! Let's talk about holding your bruised and bloody baby in your arms! Your right, we should go to trial. that way he gets all 38 years! I already know all the facts, are you ready to hear them??
I'm so sorry for your loss. People don't know what it is like to bury one of your babies. I hope they put him away. To take your anger out on a helpless infant is sick! Everyone is so concerned about Jose. What about Teagan?
Caitlin

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2008

I don't personally know any of the people involved, but I have to say, I'm appalled by the fact people (or maybe all the same person?) are sitting hear defending this so-called "man," Jose.

It makes no difference whether the house was a "pig-pen," the babysitter was a crazy druggy, Jose was a gang banger druggy, etc. It makes no difference whether Teagen's parent's were druggies or drunk, or if they provided drugs and alcohol to the babysitter. It makes no difference where they were the bight Teagen was MURDERED. These "facts" are irrelevant to THIS case.

If Teagen had choked on something she picked up off of the floor; found their stash of drugs and ingested them; fell down the stairs without anyone noticing; gotten out of the house and been hit by a car...Those would be circumstances where it would be more than appropriate to blame the parents, because the irresponsibility (and maybe intoxication) of the babysitter would be the main cause. But, that's not what occurred. What occurred was a helpless baby being stomped to death by a "man" more than 5x her size.

To the people who defend Jose, trying to portray him as a decent human being...you're just making my point for me. If he's appears to be such a good person, how could Teagen's parents have known that he was capable of such an act?

Her parents made a tragic decision to leave their precious children with this girl, and now they will pay for their choice for the rest of their lives.

Jose made the decision to stomp on their precious baby, he needs to pay for that decision. He thought he was a big, tough man when he stomped that precious 19 pound baby to death. I guess he wasn't as tough as he thought, huh?

Rest in Peace, Little Butterfly.
jessica C

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

I happen 2 knw the McKinneys and have knwn some of them 4 a while. 2 sit here and blame them is ridiculous on soul speculation of what dumb ass commenter decied 2 say what they "think" they knw bout their home life, or how the baby sitter was bein paid. its so sad that people sit on here pointin the finger at her parents who absolutely loved there lil girl, and has 2 suffer everyday knwn that they will never get 2 hold her.
as 4 Jose and his lil punk ass feel sorry 4 me shit. he made the choices he did on his own, and stomped a small child 2 death. not another teenager, not his girlfriend, a baby that had no chance, couldn't run away, couldn't protect herself. if he is ur family I understand u bein there 4 him, but don't point the finger at any1 else jus 2 help u sleep better at night. if ur child was stomped 2 death this way would u blame urself or the bastard that did it? be there 4 ur family, but don't ignore the facts.
4 the baby sitter she should have charges as well. she was not a victum and 2 play as 1 is only beggin for attention, 2 distract the fact that it was her that indangered the child. and a bit of blame 2 the parents of the baby sitter. where were u? late at night when ur 15yr old was alone wit her boyfriend in ur home? u wanna put blame 2 parents??? start there.
point is the McKinneys have been throu enough. more then an average person can ever imagine. let them grieve, don't make it harder 4 them. 4 the Jose family...ur child was not murdered, takin away by the careless act of some1 else. jose is still alive, breathin. and I hope in honesty that he is haunted every day 4 what he did. he is not a victim but a murder! there is no question and no dought bout that. and 1 day he will have his judgement wit the Lord. and I hope when that day comes the Lord makes him face Tegaen and explain 2 her why he took her life. and let her give him his judgement.
I pray 4 the McKinney family that 1day the sadness u go throu will not hurt so bad. stay strong and ignore the people who sit bac wit nothin lost and point a finger. easy 2 judge what u don't knw.
Just Me wrote:
I know the death of the baby is unfair... I know the parents and family are hurt... My heart does go out to them... but by the desisions of these parents we are all in this mess

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Farmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Farmington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Farmington