Obama wants to get rid of guns

Obama wants to get rid of guns

There are 123 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Oct 25, 2008, titled Obama wants to get rid of guns. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Anybody who thinks that Obama is not capable of gun confiscation would do well to enlighten themselves about Obama's prior voting record of anti-gun legislation! Obama claims to support the Second Amendment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bill is wrong

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2008
Bill, I'm one of those liberal Democrats you mention. I'm also a gun owner and see zero chance that Obama's presidency will change my rights in that regard. There are enough real issues in this world to worry about; why stress about something that just ain't gonna happen?
SAFEGUY

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Oct 26, 2008
I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WESTERN PART OF THE UNITED STATES SINCE THIS CONTROVERSY ABOUT "BAMA GONNA TAKE YO GUNZ!" HAS COME DOWN. SAN JUAN COUNTY NEW MEXICO IS THE ONLY PLACE I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE THE "BRAINWASHED", BLINDLY FOLLOW "THE RIGHT, NON-THINKERS". YOU GUYS REALLY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN? GET REAL! YOU FOLKS ARE WAY OUT OF TOUCH. OBAMA CAN'T TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY. AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. "MEMBER? DA SECONMENMENT?" READ THE CONSTITUTION! PLEASE DON'T BE BLINDLY LED BY "FEAR MONGERS" IF OBAMA COULD TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY, JUST HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD HE DO IT? WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND? WHAT IS IT THAT I AM NOT GETTING?("FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!")

“getting closer to home...”

Since: Aug 08

middle of nowhere NM

#4 Oct 26, 2008
Get real and a life he could no more take our guns, as the ACLU has telling us HOW to live!!! ya the ACLU you know the people gun lovers love, to hate,to bad the NRA is the ACLU biggest client.. so don't you worry little man, Obama never did want to take your gun.. just wants to make sure you can't sleep with a nuke.. freedon to bear arms, right?
JUST ANOTHER COMMERCIAL BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GUN SALE SHOP WITH AN OSAMA SIGN...
jeez

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 26, 2008
SAFEGUY wrote:
I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WESTERN PART OF THE UNITED STATES SINCE THIS CONTROVERSY ABOUT "BAMA GONNA TAKE YO GUNZ!" HAS COME DOWN. SAN JUAN COUNTY NEW MEXICO IS THE ONLY PLACE I HAVE BEEN TO WHERE THE "BRAINWASHED", BLINDLY FOLLOW "THE RIGHT, NON-THINKERS". YOU GUYS REALLY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN? GET REAL! YOU FOLKS ARE WAY OUT OF TOUCH. OBAMA CAN'T TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY. AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. "MEMBER? DA SECONMENMENT?" READ THE CONSTITUTION! PLEASE DON'T BE BLINDLY LED BY "FEAR MONGERS" IF OBAMA COULD TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY, JUST HOW IN THE WORLD WOULD HE DO IT? WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND? WHAT IS IT THAT I AM NOT GETTING?("FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!")
Simple, congress votes in a law LIMITING guns (not removing them completely, mind you) and he signs it. He can LIMIT them as much as congress will agree to without completely taking them away and still be following the constitution. There are many places that already do this all over the country.
SAFEGUY

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 26, 2008
Hahaha wrote:
Safeguy you are an idiot, I read all the nonsense you write on here and and I think I laughed so hard I vomited all over my Obama poster... Get a glove and catch a clue boy
THANX! I THINK THIS GREAT ENTERTAINMENT ALSO!

middle of nowhere NM

#7 Oct 26, 2008
They say if you repete a LIE often enough it becomes fact!

Well lets find out cause this IS one of those LIES from the heart of GOP land...

Lets see who falls from ignorence, and who stands on the inellegence......
ohreally

Clarkston, MI

#8 Oct 26, 2008
Oh come on. Way to knock Daily Times down a peg. You have no idea what you are talking about.
SAFEGUY

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Oct 26, 2008
Hahaha wrote:
Safeguy you are an idiot, I read all the nonsense you write on here and and I think I laughed so hard I vomited all over my Obama poster... Get a glove and catch a clue boy
O YEH AFTER I READ YOUR POST, I STARTED TO LOOK AROUND AND I REALIZED THAT MY "ID" "I"s WHERE IT "OT" TO BE. SEEN YOURS LATELY?
Former Resident

Rohnert Park, CA

#10 Oct 26, 2008
A gun is an machine, not a weapon
McCain 08
Dale the Republican

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Oct 26, 2008
If NoBama won't take away our guns, how come during the debates, it wasn't brought up by NBC news anchors? They know the "real Deal" about Obama....
Hillbilly

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Oct 26, 2008
I have never trusted any politician that has supported gun control. If you have any doubt as to Obamas stance on the second admendment, just look at his voting record.
Also didn't Biden pen, or help pen, the 10 year long Clinton gun ban?
The 2nd admendment is not about duck hunting, it is about staying a citizen and not a subject. A look at the last 100 years of world history will prove my point.

“Polymath”

Since: Jul 08

Farmington

#13 Oct 26, 2008
Spreading lies and fear is not good for people.

Are you FOR stopping people from suing if the gun blows up in their hand?

Are you FOR selling armor-piercing ammo that could kill policemen?

Hillbilly wrote:
He wants to hold gun manufactures liable for the consumers use of their product.
This is a flat out lie. Read the truth: Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers,

Voting YES would:
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime

Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect

Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought

Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations

Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices
He wants waiting periods, registration and permits.
Darn straight, and rightly so. I guess you think that waiting periods are stupid, right? or permits? or registration?

Man, you can't possibly be that stupid.

“Just Us for All”

Since: Sep 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#14 Oct 26, 2008
Saint_ wrote:
Spreading lies and fear is not good for people.
Are you FOR stopping people from suing if the gun blows up in their hand?
Are you FOR selling armor-pierc
ing ammo that could kill policemen?
<quoted text>
This is a flat out lie. Read the truth: Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers,
Voting YES would:
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices
<quoted text>
Darn straight, and rightly so. I guess you think that waiting periods are stupid, right? or permits? or registration?
Man, you can't possibly be that stupid.
I'm disappointed that you had to resort to calling someone stupid...tsk, tsk.

Answer this for me: when the debate is about banning certain types of alcohol, you are all about people making their own choices, being responsible for their own actions, and keeping GOVERNMENT out of your personal life.

When it comes to banning firearms, you have the opposite attitude: GOVERNMENT needs to do these things, needs to control people's actions, and that would be "good" for us all.

Would you agree to a waiting period for alcohol? Would you want a background check or a registration for the pruchase of alcohol?

I thought prohibition didn't work...
someone

Denver, CO

#15 Oct 26, 2008
Jodgy O wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm disappointed that you had to resort to calling someone stupid...tsk, tsk.
Answer this for me: when the debate is about banning certain types of alcohol, you are all about people making their own choices, being responsible for their own actions, and keeping GOVERNMENT out of your personal life.
When it comes to banning firearms, you have the opposite attitude: GOVERNMENT needs to do these things, needs to control people's actions, and that would be "good" for us all.
Would you agree to a waiting period for alcohol? Would you want a background check or a registration for the pruchase of alcohol?
I thought prohibition didn't work...
COPY, PASTE, huh? lol.

CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW LAWS. LAWS WONT STOP GUN CRIMES.

middle of nowhere NM

#16 Oct 26, 2008
Former Resident wrote:
A gun is an machine, not a weapon
McCain 08
NO!!
"This is my rifle, this is my gun!!
My rifle is for killin, my gun is for fun....
I see service is not included...

Simi-auto M30 Gernade launchers do not belong in the home nor do armor piercing amo, 30-50 cal machineguns,stingers RPGs...
Get a clue..or find my rifle for sale, either will work...
someone

Denver, CO

#17 Oct 26, 2008
just_nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
NO!!
"This is my rifle, this is my gun!!
My rifle is for killin, my gun is for fun....
I see service is not included...
Simi-auto M30 Gernade launchers do not belong in the home nor do armor piercing amo, 30-50 cal machineguns,stingers RPGs...
Get a clue..or find my rifle for sale, either will work...
That is your opinion and by the constitution you are welcome to it. Do you know how much that stuff costs? Seriously, how many people do you know are going to buy them AND use them? If that is worrying you, we need more mental health coverage for our country than gun laws.

middle of nowhere NM

#18 Oct 26, 2008
Seeing the rummor of Obama taking away your right to kill the fool who tried to rob your home is complete B.S....Be sure to kill, or they sue,, you lose...
The Law as Written...

THE ARMS RACE BEGINS
CRIMINALS AGAINST THE LAW ABIDING PERSON.. WHO WILL GET ARMED FIRST, AND BEST...Bad part of it is, it's so close to the truth it hurts...
I also see human beings have not evolved not even a tad....

The World watchs to see if what we spew ie: The Constitution, is the way we act...If we can't abide by it, in WHOLE.. then what we say, is not what we do... so why should they even bother to listen,, if we don't believe, what we are peddling...
SAFEGUY

United States

#19 Oct 26, 2008
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
COPY, PASTE, huh? lol.
CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW LAWS. LAWS WONT STOP GUN CRIMES.
I MAY NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH "JODGYO" HOWEVER I WOULD NEVER ACUSE HIM OF "CUT AND PASTE". I HAVE FOUND HIS REPLIES TO BE WELL THOUGHT OUT AND CONSIDERATE. PLEASE, READ MORE OF THIS FORUM BEFORE BEING TO JUDGEMENTAL

middle of nowhere NM

#20 Oct 26, 2008
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion and by the constitution you are welcome to it. Do you know how much that stuff costs? Seriously, how many people do you know are going to buy them AND use them? If that is worrying you, we need more mental health coverage for our country than gun laws.
No it's not what bothers me. it being legal to buy for those who CAN afford,over the counter,bothers me...I know far to many who would and can...I'm a Vet. mental health,ha ha haha ha not going to happen...It's a sad day when you can walk into a store and walk out better equiped than any law enforcment officer in the USA. That and it's those type of weapons,, Obama is getting crucified for not wanting on the streets??? I DO NOT SEE THAT AS A PROBLEM...

middle of nowhere NM

#21 Oct 26, 2008
SAFEGUY wrote:
<quoted text>I MAY NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH "JODGYO" HOWEVER I WOULD NEVER ACUSE HIM OF "CUT AND PASTE". I HAVE FOUND HIS REPLIES TO BE WELL THOUGHT OUT AND CONSIDERATE. PLEASE, READ MORE OF THIS FORUM BEFORE BEING TO JUDGEMENTAL
Ditto

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Tue Richies Cool Man ... 736
Redburn tires Jul 23 Jack Harry 1
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Jul 19 Hush Money MVD 84
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul 8 the victim 52
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun '17 Tim 36
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun '17 Tim 54

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages