Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard [1:50 p.m.]

There are 20 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 6, 2011, titled Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard [1:50 p.m.]. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A New Mexico man's decision to lash out with a billboard ad saying his ex-girlfriend had an abortion against his wishes has touched off a court battle over free speech and privacy rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#21 Jun 7, 2011
read the threads wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Alamogordo News paper before you assume. The girl had a miscarriage. A judge signed an order to have the sign taken down and he has a restraining order against him. There will be another hearing on his harassment and stalking of her later this month.
Regardless of what the circumstances are...he has a right to his child. Period...it takes a sperm to help make a child. Anyone can claim a miscarriage...I guess we will all see if the medical reports can prove otherwise.

Location hidden

#22 Jun 7, 2011
JoyofLife wrote:
<quoted text>As someone who claims to be native of some kind you obviously have some very patriarchal views on women. In original Cherokee culture, women were allowed to have control over their marriages, and child rearing. This guy has no say because it is not his body involved. Respect the women of your nation, then branch out to all women. You cannot FORCE a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term. Tell you what, you do. You let your body get distended for nine whole months then pass something the size of a grapefruit and tell me it's nothing but your responsibility. Go back to the euro-centric ideology you've got. Go back to all the women on reservations being raped by people they know who then do nothing to protect the women of their tribes. Stop shaming the people.
Where do you get off telling me on this forum about knowing where I come from. Thanks for the history lesson. But if in fact that you know of all this that is going on on the rez and it is...(NN) then do something about it. But my point is...it takes two to make a child. Im curious to see where this case goes. This guy could change the way the judicial system handles things like this. So get off it!
QRF

United States

#23 Jun 7, 2011
Women are usually the scandalus ones in these scenarios
SamIAm

Houston, TX

#24 Jun 7, 2011
Just A Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the post twice. There are no racial slurs in the post. Simple descriptions of various races used by all Navajo-speaking people. The post, as a whole, is mean-spirited but there are no racial slurs.
...nothing racial in there...just pointing out what uve stated...
SamIAm

Houston, TX

#25 Jun 7, 2011
BilliGanni wrote:
We have descriptions of various races too.
...im sure u do...maybe a wardrobe to suit the occasion also.(speculating)
BilliGanni

United States

#26 Jun 7, 2011
SamIAm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please note: I prefer to be called an American not a billaganni. Got it?
BilliGanni

United States

#27 Jun 7, 2011
SamIAm wrote:
<quoted text>

And, if you have to classify my race please refer to me as White. No more no less. The Navajo word offends me.
QRF

United States

#28 Jun 7, 2011
BilliGanni wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please note: I prefer to be called an American not a billaganni. Got it?
Ok cracker

Since: Mar 09

New Orleans, LA

#29 Jun 7, 2011
N8TIVE CHEROKEE wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get off telling me on this forum about knowing where I come from. Thanks for the history lesson. But if in fact that you know of all this that is going on on the rez and it is...(NN) then do something about it. But my point is...it takes two to make a child. Im curious to see where this case goes. This guy could change the way the judicial system handles things like this. So get off it!
Where do you get off representing your nation so pathetically. You don't know my ethnicity or cultural identity either, and I wouldn't put it on display for ridicule as for one. I've been writing letters, and volunteer in my local community. That's what I'm doing besides bellyaching about how men should have rights over a woman's body because they deposited a single cell. It does take two, but it only takes one to give birth. It's so cute when men think they should have the say in what happens to a woman's body. Yes, this case will be interesting, but it's so obviously nothing more than misogyny. Men trying to control women. Oh, and the "get off it" thing, sorry honey, I enjoy debating on the internet with people who think women aren't human beings enough to deserve rights like, oh, idk, bodily autonomy for one thing. Get off human rights, nah. How about you get off representing a community you would seek to ignore the human rights of half.

Location hidden

#30 Jun 8, 2011
JoyofLife wrote:
<quoted text> Where do you get off representing your nation so pathetically. You don't know my ethnicity or cultural identity either, and I wouldn't put it on display for ridicule as for one. I've been writing letters, and volunteer in my local community. That's what I'm doing besides bellyaching about how men should have rights over a woman's body because they deposited a single cell. It does take two, but it only takes one to give birth. It's so cute when men think they should have the say in what happens to a woman's body. Yes, this case will be interesting, but it's so obviously nothing more than misogyny. Men trying to control women. Oh, and the "get off it" thing, sorry honey, I enjoy debating on the internet with people who think women aren't human beings enough to deserve rights like, oh, idk, bodily autonomy for one thing. Get off human rights, nah. How about you get off representing a community you would seek to ignore the human rights of half.
I find it funny that you assume that Im representing my nation. Like I said before...who are you to tell me this? What is your background? Are you Native? Im guessing NO! I completely understand what your saying here but you still remain closed minded on this. Your turning this into a political thing where its only the "woman" that gets to choose. Your wrong! The father, gets to choose also. This is probably one of many cases that has been made public over a father that wants to keep his child. It has nothing to do with men trying to control women. Im starting to come under the assumption that you have an issue with this that has nothing to do with this article. How would you know that I ignore human rights? How would you know what my story is that would back my reasoning behind this? How would you know whether im representing my community or not? I say get off it because you are speculating that Ive dont none of these when in fact I have. Its nice that you have an opinion. Thats great. But for you to throw my culture, my race, my tribe, my background etc into this debate makes you look and sound ignorant because you in fact have no idea who you are talking to. Put yourself in my shoes for a day. I know what that girl is exactly going through. But I also know that this guy is expressing what he wants as well and I commend him for it. So if you want to throw this article into a debate over rape and child molestation that happens on the reservation then get yourself out there and start helping instead of trying to put a guilt trip on people that already are helping.
Ocean56

AOL

#31 Jun 8, 2011
N8TIVE CHEROKEE wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of what the circumstances are...he has a right to his child. Period...it takes a sperm to help make a child. Anyone can claim a miscarriage...I guess we will all see if the medical reports can prove otherwise.
Actually, whether it's this guy or any OTHER guy, no man has the "right" to force a woman to continue a pregnancy, nor can he force her to abort one, not to my knowledge anyway. He doesn't have the "right" to CONTROL a woman by forcing her to continue a pregnancy she doesn't want and has every legal right to end either.

Yes, it takes a sperm to create a PREGNANCY (no child until birth, sorry), but since it is the woman who takes all the health risks of pregnancy, then ONLY the woman makes the choice to continue it or not. Once the guy has made the sperm deposit, he doesn't get to decide what happens afterward. It is HER pregnancy, therefore it is HER decision. He'll have to deal with that reality whether HE likes it or not.

Maybe next time, he'll be more careful about whom he sleeps with. Then again, I hope every woman in his town and state will be aware of what this guy is like and avoid having anything to do with him, forget about allowing him to have sex with her. The guy comes across to me as a misogynistic LOSER, whom every woman should make a priority to avoid.
Shorty Nez

United States

#32 Jun 8, 2011
BilliGanni wrote:
<quoted text>
And, if you have to classify my race please refer to me as White. No more no less. The Navajo word offends me.
You're just one confused puppy.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#33 Jun 8, 2011
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, whether it's this guy or any OTHER guy, no man has the "right" to force a woman to continue a pregnancy, nor can he force her to abort one, not to my knowledge anyway. He doesn't have the "right" to CONTROL a woman by forcing her to continue a pregnancy she doesn't want and has every legal right to end either.
Yes, it takes a sperm to create a PREGNANCY (no child until birth, sorry), but since it is the woman who takes all the health risks of pregnancy, then ONLY the woman makes the choice to continue it or not. Once the guy has made the sperm deposit, he doesn't get to decide what happens afterward. It is HER pregnancy, therefore it is HER decision. He'll have to deal with that reality whether HE likes it or not.
Maybe next time, he'll be more careful about whom he sleeps with. Then again, I hope every woman in his town and state will be aware of what this guy is like and avoid having anything to do with him, forget about allowing him to have sex with her. The guy comes across to me as a misogynistic LOSER, whom every woman should make a priority to avoid.
Well said, Ocean. I dunno, though, it'll be hard for this guy to find another 17 yr younger disabled girl gullible enough to sleep with his greasy self. He's creepy looking thing.
What's interesting is he doesn't know if she miscarried or aborted. He's just throwing a malicious temper tantrum, like any other 2 year old.
TotahStreetJhon

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Jun 8, 2011
BilliGanni wrote:
<quoted text>
Dine' Thlaah'guuy'(White man). Biligaana (People who always fight/angry). Obviously the settlers didn't make a good impression upon the Navajos back in the "Gunsmoke" days. Unlike Biligaana's,we Dine' judge people by the content of their character and not their skin color. If we were racists we'd be calling Biligaana's, "Dine'Thlaah'guuy"(W hite people). BTW, why do you guys call us "Indian"? And why do the Politically Correct people call us "Native American"? We are neither. We're either Navajo or Dine'. Other tribes are "Indian" or "Native American", not us.

Since: Apr 09

Haras Cay, Belize

#35 Jun 8, 2011
Badarse wrote:
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name!"
-George Carlin-
No s/hit!
Ocean56

AOL

#36 Jun 8, 2011
pbfa wrote:
Well said, Ocean. I dunno, though, it'll be hard for this guy to find another 17 yr younger disabled girl gullible enough to sleep with his greasy self. He's creepy looking thing.
That's another thing, PB; how old IS this guy anyway? Was it even LEGAL for him to have SLEPT WITH a 17-year-old girl, or is 17 the legal age of consent in NM?

That I honestly don't know, but IF the legal age of consent in NM is 18, has he not already broken CRIMINAL laws by doing so? I would think the answer to that question is YES, so in his position, he should be thinking about hiring a criminal defense attorney.

Since: Mar 09

New Orleans, LA

#37 Jun 8, 2011
N8TIVE CHEROKEE wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it funny that you assume that Im representing my nation. Like I said before...who are you to tell me this? What is your background? Are you Native? Im guessing NO! I completely understand what your saying here but you still remain closed minded on this. Your turning this into a political thing where its only the "woman" that gets to choose. Your wrong! The father, gets to choose also. This is probably one of many cases that has been made public over a father that wants to keep his child. It has nothing to do with men trying to control women. Im starting to come under the assumption that you have an issue with this that has nothing to do with this article. How would you know that I ignore human rights? How would you know what my story is that would back my reasoning behind this? How would you know whether im representing my community or not? I say get off it because you are speculating that Ive dont none of these when in fact I have. Its nice that you have an opinion. Thats great. But for you to throw my culture, my race, my tribe, my background etc into this debate makes you look and sound ignorant because you in fact have no idea who you are talking to. Put yourself in my shoes for a day. I know what that girl is exactly going through. But I also know that this guy is expressing what he wants as well and I commend him for it. So if you want to throw this article into a debate over rape and child molestation that happens on the reservation then get yourself out there and start helping instead of trying to put a guilt trip on people that already are helping.
First of all, she is an adult woman, not a girl. Second of all I don't post my race on forums. Thirdly, your name is how you're representing your people and yes, to force a woman to undergo pregnancy is to control her. How else would you expect a woman who didn't want a pregnancy to be encouraged to have one? I don't know you as an individual at all, but your dismissiveness on the hatefulness and control issues that are apparent here is what's ignorant. A man's dna leaves his body. That's where his choice ends. Better to be with a WOMAN who you communicate with who would be able willing. Otherwise it's force. Men do not have a choice over a woman's body. Plain simple. Go parading about as a representative of a noble people and spout ignorance, then don't expect to be called on this. This IS an overarching political issue where men all over this country are trying to legislate the bodies of women. One example of a man thinking he should have ownership over a woman is this article. To say you know what this girl is going though shows your own ignorance. You don't, you can't, and in any way assuming some dude should be able to tell her what to do with her body is the height of slavery. Women aren't incubators or breed animals. Don't assume as such. You would support a man who has no idea what the woman's state was all because you perceive that he should have some sort of ownership over something that's INSIDE of her. "Your" community, and that's in parenthesis because you assume so much more about me than what you've actually given me about yourself, is in peril on many levels. You have no idea where I go and volunteer so your assumptions are just as silly as the evidence based ones I've made. Peace and love, but don't let those women folk have choices over their bodies if it makes the men folk angry. Sure, you understand, not. I'm so totally sure you make efforts in your community to reduce rape and molestation, not. The fact that we have to move women between reservations alone shows that they lack protection within their own communities. As a member of those communities, I'm sure you're all over helping the dudes recover "their" babies and stuff or whatever. You seem very male oriented.
SamIAm

United States

#38 Jun 8, 2011
BilliGanni wrote:
<quoted text>
...im offended that ur offended by old language dictation of any pre civil era description of any human being....what if i just call u red...and u call me red....and its no more than what flows thru r veins...im american also...

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

4-corners man

#39 Jun 8, 2011
SamIAm wrote:
<quoted text>
...im offended that ur offended by old language dictation of any pre civil era description of any human being....what if i just call u red...and u call me red....and its no more than what flows thru r veins...im american also...
what up blood.
john Q baby

Lunenburg, Canada

#40 Jun 8, 2011
wow, scumbag extraordinaire

hopefully he falls off a cliff before he 1) goes criminally insane and shoots someone or 2) reproduces

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 1 hr Sylvia 6,372
faux news 12 hr bleeding heart li... 1
Repubs Led US Into Evil, Corruption, War.... Mon XandO 4
Glenn Beck Says Liberals were Right May 1 XandO 10
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Apr 30 XandO 407
News Vialpando's widow seeks compensation in husband... Apr 25 karengbrown 2
bandalaros mc (Jun '12) Apr 22 Jonas Zverunis 56
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE