How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4195 Jun 18, 2013
The NRA is merely taking advantage of your superstitious fears, knuckledragger.

It's funny how you keep calling me sir.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really think and believe that it is the NRA that has my fellow countrymen thinking that their natural born rights are being threatened, well then you ARE a fcuking idiot - sir !

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4196 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
<quoted text>
Has that prevented you from owning any firearm you want?
And to answer your question.....yes it has. I went to buy a semi-auto Savage .22 rifle a few weeks ago. After filling out all the required paperwork, I was unable to buy the firearm that night because there was not a manager in the store with an FFL license to sign the paperwork.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4197 Jun 18, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
It has me. I was going to buy a rifle I wanted and was told that the wait times for the telephone based background check would be over an hour, and most likely an hour and a half. I had to get home to meet my son at his bus stop, as he was in kindergarten or maybe first grade and shouldn't come home to an empty house, so I didn't have the time to wait.
I had to choose between meeting my son at the bus stop, or making a lawful purchase at a retailer 40 miles from home. I had to pass on the purchase. I lost the opportunity to make the lawful purchase because I had to wait to prove my innocence, and the store lost the opportunity to sell me the rifle and make a profit from it, entirely due to government interference in lawful trade.
And therein^ lies the proof of what we have been saying. The approach to this that the antis are taking will force even more folks to the black market.
They keep making the same damn mistake over and over. They keep ignoring the fact that criminals already do not respect any laws that the antis write, so writing more useless laws only forces the law respecting into the column under "criminal".
The sad dissected truth about that is, most folks on the street who are singing the praises of the lawmakers who are pushing forward with "gun control" in the manner that they are, are clueless to the fact that they too are being stripped of their natural born rights. They do not understand where their naytural born rights originate, and they do not understand the mistake they are making.
At the same time, many of the lawmakers who push this agenda, know full well this approach will not "solve" the problem as their constituients believe will be the result of their actions. Those lawmakers have a different goal in mind. The rest of the lawmakers that are pushing forward in this fiasco, only want to be noticed and in the spotlight, and they do not care what the fcuk is going on around them, as long as they are in the "A" group and being noticed.
Viva le Republic
Viva liberty
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4198 Jun 18, 2013
Background checks--a good thing. It did not disallow you to buy a firearm; it merely made you wait. Did the background check take you by surprise or something? Plan better--kinda like getting a drivers license.
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
It has me. I was going to buy a rifle I wanted and was told that the wait times for the telephone based background check would be over an hour, and most likely an hour and a half. I had to get home to meet my son at his bus stop, as he was in kindergarten or maybe first grade and shouldn't come home to an empty house, so I didn't have the time to wait.
I had to choose between meeting my son at the bus stop, or making a lawful purchase at a retailer 40 miles from home. I had to pass on the purchase. I lost the opportunity to make the lawful purchase because I had to wait to prove my innocence, and the store lost the opportunity to sell me the rifle and make a profit from it, entirely due to government interference in lawful trade.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4199 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
The NRA is merely taking advantage of your superstitious fears, knuckledragger.
It's funny how you keep calling me sir.
<quoted text>
I see. So then your claim it is the NRA which is the driving force behind the fear, is bullshit. That's what I said.- sir !

Yeah, maybe it is funny how I keep doing that. It is because I can not spell what I really call you.
<smile>

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4200 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
Background checks--a good thing. It did not disallow you to buy a firearm; it merely made you wait. Did the background check take you by surprise or something? Plan better--kinda like getting a drivers license.
<quoted text>
Background check:
A wonderful feel safe excersie that allowed the Newtown shooter's mother to purchase his weapons LEGALLY from a LEGALLY STATE LICENSED dealer, instead of on a street corner.
<smile>
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#4201 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
Background checks--a good thing. It did not disallow you to buy a firearm; it merely made you wait. Did the background check take you by surprise or something? Plan better--kinda like getting a drivers license.
<quoted text>
I can renew my driver's license online and have it mailed to my house, you jackass. So I should be able to buy guns online and have them mailed to my house, too--kinda like getting a driver's license. It's good to hear we agree on this.

Yes, the background check DID take me by surprise, since the law requires gun background checks to be instant and unobtrusive. An hour to an hour and a half is not instant. Thus the folks who run the background check system were in violation of the law. Think anyone was prosecuted for it? They should be.

Background checks are a waste of time and money. Only lawful citizens submit to background checks. Criminals steal the guns they need, or buy them on the black market.
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4202 Jun 18, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah, maybe it is funny how I keep doing that. It is because I can not spell what I really call you.
<smile>
Yeah, I know.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4203 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
.
It's funny how you keep calling me sir.
<quoted text>
So then what are you? A female or a neutered male?
Anti-Fascism

San Jose, CA

#4204 Jun 18, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
I can renew my driver's license online and have it mailed to my house, you jackass. So I should be able to buy guns online and have them mailed to my house, too--kinda like getting a driver's license. It's good to hear we agree on this.
Yes, the background check DID take me by surprise, since the law requires gun background checks to be instant and unobtrusive. An hour to an hour and a half is not instant. Thus the folks who run the background check system were in violation of the law. Think anyone was prosecuted for it? They should be.
Background checks are a waste of time and money. Only lawful citizens submit to background checks. Criminals steal the guns they need, or buy them on the black market.
Background checks are not a waste of time... for the government. ;-)

The government loves keeping track of all good citizens who own guns, then the fascist government can make calculations on how many they'll have to target when they decide to tyrannical and criminally infringe upon our right to keep and bear arms by seizing them at one point or another in the future.

Way too many simpletons today actually trust government and genuinely believe they're looking out for our rights, liberties and well-being. How clueless these people truly are. So gullible.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4205 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
Pardon me if I don't take you seriously. That's what happens when you're a liar, and it's been proven you are.
<quoted text>
You should know, that's why NO ONE here on these forums take's you seriously. You are the practice field dummy.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4206 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You should know, that's why NO ONE here on these forums take's you seriously. You are the practice field dummy.
<audible chuckle>

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4207 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
Background checks--a good thing. It did not disallow you to buy a firearm; it merely made you wait. Did the background check take you by surprise or something? Plan better--kinda like getting a drivers license.
<quoted text>
Background checks are a complete farce!!! Do you really think that criminals and crazies are going to submit to background checks to get their illegal weapons which they plan to use for illegal purposes???? NO! They will continue to obtain their weapons as they always have....illegally. Last time I checked one isn't required to submit to a background check before burglarizing a home or business where guns are stolen. I haven't heard of any background checks on the black market. Background checks are NOTHING more than an opportunity for the government to abuse its power and disarm honest law abiding citizens.

BTW, It's absolutely NOTHING like getting a driver's license. Driving is a privilege, firearms ownership is a constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT. Since when do Americans need to have a license or submit to a background check to exercise their constitutional rights? Try again........
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4208 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Background checks are a complete farce!!! Do you really think that criminals and crazies are going to submit to background checks to get their illegal weapons which they plan to use for illegal purposes???? NO! They will continue to obtain their weapons as they always have....illegally.Try again........
First you say background checks are a "farce" then you say they force the criminals, etc. to find illegal means to get a gun. Like, er, the check is doing it's job. Try again..........
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4209 Jun 18, 2013
When are you brave Topix warriors going to fight for your rights?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4210 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW,... firearms ownership is a constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT.
Not for everyone.Try again........
Since when do Americans need to have a license or submit to a background check to exercise their constitutional rights? Try again........
Since the enactment of the Brady Bill.Duh! Try again........
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4211 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I see. It's okay for the barefoot booby to make all of those nasty filthy homosexual comments but you only take exception when someone else retaliates. Interesting....
A clear case of monkey see, monkey do. Pretty lame excuse, it seems to me. Care to try again..........

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4212 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>First you say background checks are a "farce" then you say they force the criminals, etc. to find illegal means to get a gun. Like, er, the check is doing it's job. Try again..........
I did NOT say it "forces" criminals and crazies to "find" illegal means. What I said was that is how they have ALWAYS obtained their weapons and they don't need to "find" an illegal means, they ALREADY have those illegal means well established. The vast majority of criminals and crazies do not obtain their weapons legally and never have. Do try to pay attention, will ya? Try again.......
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4213 Jun 18, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You should know, that's why NO ONE here on these forums take's you seriously. You are the practice field dummy.
Tell me again what I said about cops and guns.......

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4214 Jun 18, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>A clear case of monkey see, monkey do. Pretty lame excuse, it seems to me. Care to try again..........
So, what did you see and what did you do little monkey? You're right, it's lame as sh!t that you don't call the barefoot booby on the consistant, unending, perpetual stream of foul filthy garbage that issues from that POS yet you will condemn someone who retaliates after being endlessly assaulted by the filth.

When you condemn your significant other (AKA the barefoot booby) for being such a foul mouthed POS maybe I'll hear your protests with a more sympathetic ear. Until then I'll simply consider you to be of the same ilk as the POS forum scumbag. You're a real loser Xandope. Try again.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The marquee outside the Top Deck bar in Farming... 4 hr Batman 12
Cry, the Beloved Country 4 hr Brock 2
News Trial begins in Top Deck discrimination lawsuit 18 hr Batman 13
News Arrest made in kidnapping, murder of Navajo girl 21 hr kevin from michigan 1
News Avon Beauty Center opens in Farmington - Busine... (Jan '09) Tue Zachary Romanelli 27
Teachers blame students for low reading and mat... (Aug '07) Apr 24 UsedToBe 3
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Apr 23 271 Days Remain 601
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages