'Sex sting' is just that

'Sex sting' is just that

There are 27 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Aug 22, 2007, titled 'Sex sting' is just that. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

It was an emotionally sensitive afternoon and night in the newsroom Monday. We get wind of shocking stories every day that are tough to report or down right depressing, stories such as 5-year-olds getting raped, the mother of four children getting murdered, domestic abuse, and on and on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
question

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Sep 4, 2010
doesw anyone have the link to the original article? i would like ot read the entire story

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 4, 2010
question wrote:
doesw anyone have the link to the original article? i would like ot read the entire story
From the Alb. Journal:

http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/index.php...
New Mexican

Farmington, NM

#3 Sep 4, 2010
question wrote:
doesw anyone have the link to the original article? i would like ot read the entire story
me too! Was it even available online? I'd love to see these names.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Sep 4, 2010
Full list of names from Alb. Tribune (scroll):

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/aug/22/sex-s...
question

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 4, 2010
thank you very much for the links
john doe

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 4, 2010
One of the people was mr nelson who teaches at san juan college. He was also a teacher for many years at ladera elementry. I had a class with him many many years ago. He used to take this kid swimming after school and they always seemed to be very close and only god nows what else they were doing. It was in fith grade.
uncivil

Farmington, NM

#7 Sep 4, 2010
john doe wrote:
One of the people was mr nelson who teaches at san juan college. He was also a teacher for many years at ladera elementry. I had a class with him many many years ago. He used to take this kid swimming after school and they always seemed to be very close and only god nows what else they were doing. It was in fith grade.
He's gay or bisexual, not a pedophile. They are not the same.
Good Editorial

Chinle, AZ

#8 Sep 4, 2010
That is fair warning. If they don't want their names named then they should stop. We are sick and tired of perverts that can't be caught by the law but with some good investigative journalism I am sure that we can find out more ways to help those less fortunate and to protect the innocent. All people should be proactive about the innocent.
Cheeky

Farmington, NM

#9 Sep 4, 2010
Good Editorial wrote:
That is fair warning. If they don't want their names named then they should stop. We are sick and tired of perverts that can't be caught by the law but with some good investigative journalism I am sure that we can find out more ways to help those less fortunate and to protect the innocent. All people should be proactive about the innocent.
I think you've said it all.. As for the editor of the paper, job well done, continue doing what you are doing.
classic

United States

#10 Sep 5, 2010
They need to do the same thing around the schools in Aztec. I did a registered sex offenders search for the area I live in and where my babies go to school. I am ready to home school my youngest is all I got out of that search. These freaks need to be given more then a fine?
IMO,.. These fools need their *(&^*^) cut off, rammed down their throat, and then be disposed of.
As a father, I thank you for this article,, Keep it up Turner!
brown eyed girl

Tularosa, NM

#11 Sep 5, 2010
there also is alot of registered sex offenders that cannot be found in the search even tho they have registered. it seems like some are getting probation as sentences.
classic wrote:
They need to do the same thing around the schools in Aztec. I did a registered sex offenders search for the area I live in and where my babies go to school. I am ready to home school my youngest is all I got out of that search. These freaks need to be given more then a fine?
IMO,.. These fools need their *(&^*^) cut off, rammed down their throat, and then be disposed of.
As a father, I thank you for this article,, Keep it up Turner!

“The voices! The voices!”

Since: Jun 09

The outbacks of NM

#12 Sep 5, 2010
This is from '07. I am not saying this isn't an important issue, but why is this coming up now? Was "question" going through the old editorials and came across this article or has something happened recently that brought it to the forefront?
Southern Comfort

United States

#13 Sep 5, 2010
HUH? Isnt this old news? Who brought this story back? Even the "apology" or whateve it was meant to be is 3 years old?! Wow slow news day I guess...
from a local

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Sep 5, 2010
The paper has been on the verge of bankrupcy for years, they hurt families, are very unethical, and do it all under the name of NEWS. So now they have a tender heart, i don't buy it. They, just like he said, have a close friend that they don't want to expose, they glory in spreading names of everyone else all over the front page of the paper and laugh. Uncaring and they now have a heart? stupid paper,i don't buy it, and if this wasn't free i wouldn't be here either. They pick and choice which people they want to destroy. They are no better then a cheap gossip magizine that you buy from the news stand that shows UFO's on the front page. I can't wait until they go under.
Concern

Shiprock, NM

#15 Sep 5, 2010
In addition, Myself and other concerned citizens w/ rights, have expressed facts of a sex offender who is out there, picking up women at random, transients-male and female, convenient stores clerks, casinos, anywhere. Women/male of all ages, takes these victims to motels, out in remote areas, various hang out places, w/ alcohol, drugs his victims, until they pass out. He takes naked pictures of them in various positions, has sex with them over a period of time until the women come to. Some don't know what happens to them. He tells them,they wanted to have a part in it, etc. and lets his victims back off.

This person works around residential settings, fixing homes, plumming, etc. and befriends neighbors, and ends up at different apartments, women's residences.

This person is an ex-convict served 25 years in prison for sexual assault. He is very sly, manipulative, almost an excellent con artist. He drives a pick up truck, use to be an old faded bluish 1988 pick up truck, now he painted it black. Lic# HGD 468 NM license. He has been reported so many times, he is out there raping women and young men. He hangs around the Wild Flower residential area. His name is Roger Morgan,he is a registered sex offender.
Lee Farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Sep 5, 2010
I call this the "BOB GREENE" affect for a columist in Chicago who was released by the Newspaper for Inapporate behavior the Newspapers don't mind releasing names unless it's one of their own than it's <We respect their Privacy"never respect your privacy but let one of their own get caught and never hear again Or the reporters who get busted for drunk driving /Domestic abuse off for a few months than ReAppear not a word said But you get busted and your entire History is brought up "WE LOOKED IN TO CRIMINAL PAST AND FOUND" The drunk reporter for a major Chicago news firm involved in an accident ?Never reported Or the reporter who had an affair with a big city mayor and had to testify in court Never reported "Respect her privacy" 1st rule of Journalism "protect your own"
show professional curtesty
Top Notch

AOL

#17 Sep 5, 2010
from a local wrote:
The paper has been on the verge of bankrupcy for years, they hurt families, are very unethical, and do it all under the name of NEWS. So now they have a tender heart, i don't buy it. They, just like he said, have a close friend that they don't want to expose, they glory in spreading names of everyone else all over the front page of the paper and laugh. Uncaring and they now have a heart? stupid paper,i don't buy it, and if this wasn't free i wouldn't be here either. They pick and choice which people they want to destroy. They are no better then a cheap gossip magizine that you buy from the news stand that shows UFO's on the front page. I can't wait until they go under.
I very much agree with your position.This paper is very one-sided and
they pound certain people and families to death. They are also very careless in their reporting like the time they ran someone else's picture under a child molesting story. That was horrible. They try people in the press and their sensationalism really isn't selling newspapers any more, is it? People are sick of how this paper operates.
ITRUCKTOO

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Sep 5, 2010
more coffee please wrote:
This is from '07. I am not saying this isn't an important issue, but why is this coming up now? Was "question" going through the old editorials and came across this article or has something happened recently that brought it to the forefront?
your kidding me, 3 years ago,

“The voices! The voices!”

Since: Jun 09

The outbacks of NM

#19 Sep 5, 2010
ITRUCKTOO wrote:
<quoted text> your kidding me, 3 years ago,
If you hit on the button read full story (or whaterver it says) it will take you to the editorial page dated 8-22-07, if you hit the link Melanie Thinker gave it will take you to the article from the Albuquerque Times (?) dated 2007 also.
This is old news all these mean have either pled guilty or innocent. I seriously doubt any of these men are still on the court dockets any longer. Not for this crime anyway.
its Still me

Farmington, NM

#20 Sep 5, 2010
You know over the past several months I have noticed just people in general love to cast the first stone, like they have no sin in there lifes. No one wants to help anymore unless it is for there personal gain, no one wants to hear the truth about anything including our governament even ouir own 9-11 group is so afraid they cover things up. The news paper has consistantly wrote in correct information, I even brought the documents in to prove it and a retraction add was never run. So what now the sherriffs gona check everone arressted for child porn too? Now the Farmington Police/ and whom ever is involved gona waste tax dollars. If you want to get laid go to facebook find someone, yahoo chat, but they probly post cops in there now too. For those of us who have some nomalasy about us why do we listen to this and let Satin hold the rains? God forgives, so should be. If you really want a shocker here is one. Have you seen Judge Dean ride his motorcyce, in bars, with his chaps on, cussing like a biker? Its a hoot!! Maybe if you'd stop reading the stories as if they were real they get a police document read it ( its a pliminary statement of what th e police think happened) and report on it. Then there is depostions taken by witnesses that change the whole newspaper artical. So dont beleive what is reported, its one man or womans percption on what the read or hear. I could hardly call that impartial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connie Mack World Series Mon Aurora 2
News Five men stand guard at military recruiting cen... Jul 23 XandO 4
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... Jul 18 No matter 5
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 16 Richies Cool Man ... 445
News Police Violence Against Native People Jul 15 SleeStack 8
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Jul 11 Brian_G 30,878
Drive Way scraping/grading .... Jul 7 Quantummist 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages