County recognized for reducing DWI-re...

County recognized for reducing DWI-related traffic fatalities i...

There are 20 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 13, 2010, titled County recognized for reducing DWI-related traffic fatalities i.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The governor's office has recognized San Juan County law enforcement agencies for their work in 2009 to drastically reduce the number of DWI related traffic fatalities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

“Just Us for All”

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 13, 2010
Guess no one else will say it.........THANK YOU, GUYS, FOR GETTING THEM OFF THE STREETS.
Back to Work

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Apr 13, 2010
Great job guys and gals!! Thanks for everything you do for everyone in our cities, county and state.
Good Job

Los Alamos, NM

#3 Apr 13, 2010
I would like to personally thank the hard working DWI Officers for each Department. Dale Frazier, Terry McCoy, JJ ROberts, David Karst, Nate Lacey, John Ahlm, Casey Malone, Joe Schake, and James Rempe.
You are all really great guys that deserve the respect of your community.
concerned in farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 14, 2010
Awesome work guys. Now if we can get the judges to penalize properly we could see an even greater reduction.
unbelievable

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2010
Great job, Keep up the good work.
kma

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Apr 14, 2010
Thanks
slavetothedrink

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2010
Dont drink and drive - u might hit a bump and spill your beer
Firefly

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 14, 2010
THANK YOU!!!!!
funny

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Apr 15, 2010
This is a pretty clear depiction of the overall temperature of our community. If this thread was about an officer making some mistake there would be hundreds of posts on it already. Yet, when there is something positive said, we get 8 posts. Wake up SJC, these officer's are doing a good job! I would like to thank these officers for their hard work.

Where are loud pipes, daddy kalinka, and other like-minded ignorant sounding pessimists?
concerned in farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Apr 15, 2010
So true funny. It's really rather sad, huh? I still think our law enforcement is excellent and this is another great feather in their caps.
Great

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 20, 2010
I just cant believe this post is dying already, these officers busted their butts to get this and for our safety. Now we cant even show our appreciation by saying a Thank you.
THANK YOU GUYS YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Ohhhhhhh

United States

#12 Apr 20, 2010
Good Job wrote:
I would like to personally thank the hard working DWI Officers for each Department. Dale Frazier, Terry McCoy, JJ ROberts, David Karst, Nate Lacey, John Ahlm, Casey Malone, Joe Schake, and James Rempe.
You are all really great guys that deserve the respect of your community.
I think you're missing the point. The majority of those numbers are generated by the normal patrol officers. If it was solely based on the numbers generated by the DUI specialty units the numbers would be way down with the exception of SP. Everyone has a hand in it but the true numbers are made by the regualar patrol officers.
LOUD PIPES

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Apr 20, 2010
You got to be kidding me. Guess they don't count all the dismissed for what ever reason ones, or when an official gets caught. Or is it that they ignore the fact of how many idiots are drinking and driving?
LOUD PIPES

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Apr 20, 2010
funny wrote:
This is a pretty clear depiction of the overall temperature of our community. If this thread was about an officer making some mistake there would be hundreds of posts on it already. Yet, when there is something positive said, we get 8 posts. Wake up SJC, these officer's are doing a good job! I would like to thank these officers for their hard work.
Where are loud pipes, daddy kalinka, and other like-minded ignorant sounding pessimists?
Right here, laughing at your stupid ignorance. Jealous of us I see. Can't let anyone mock your comment, so quick add something totally improper to cover it up. Just made yourself a moron.
LOUD PIPES

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Apr 20, 2010
The police may be catching alot of you idiots who just can't get it threw your heads NOT TO DRIVE DRUNK. Thats great. But it needs to continue on further then the police arrest.
WOW

Los Alamos, NM

#18 Apr 21, 2010
I will have to agree with HAHA, the DWI units account for most of the DWI's in the County. After all that is their job, their objective, and focus. The patrol officers have a hand in the process and are a huge help by staying active and proficient at DWI's but in the end the majority of the DWI's are produced by the DWI units.
These guys are willing to work weekends, nights, and spend all their time in court. They work for days without much sleep because of the schedule and still stay dedicated to their objective.
They truely are doing a job very few Officers would ever want or do.
Check

Portland, OR

#19 Apr 21, 2010
WOW wrote:
I will have to agree with HAHA, the DWI units account for most of the DWI's in the County. After all that is their job, their objective, and focus. The patrol officers have a hand in the process and are a huge help by staying active and proficient at DWI's but in the end the majority of the DWI's are produced by the DWI units.
These guys are willing to work weekends, nights, and spend all their time in court. They work for days without much sleep because of the schedule and still stay dedicated to their objective.
They truely are doing a job very few Officers would ever want or do.
The brunt of DWI arrests are made by patrol officers and DWI overtime units. The DWI units focus solely on DWI and are pulled for hot calls when needed. Their main concentration is traffic and DWI but the patrol officers out number the DWI units. Statisically patrol officers make more DWI arrests than the specialty unit.
funny

Rio Rancho, NM

#20 Apr 21, 2010
LOUD PIPES wrote:
<quoted text> Right here, laughing at your stupid ignorance. Jealous of us I see. Can't let anyone mock your comment, so quick add something totally improper to cover it up. Just made yourself a moron.
Seriously? You really are an oxygen theif. You FAIL, go sit in the corner!
Fact

Rio Rancho, NM

#21 Apr 21, 2010
Check wrote:
<quoted text> The brunt of DWI arrests are made by patrol officers and DWI overtime units. The DWI units focus solely on DWI and are pulled for hot calls when needed. Their main concentration is traffic and DWI but the patrol officers out number the DWI units. Statisically patrol officers make more DWI arrests than the specialty unit.
Actually, over 60% of the DWI arrests made by FPD were made by their DWI Unit. Also, the conviction rate obtained by that group of officer's was very very high. I cannot say specifically, but it was in the high 90% percent range (I want to say 97%, but cannot for sure).
YUP

Los Alamos, NM

#22 Apr 23, 2010
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, over 60% of the DWI arrests made by FPD were made by their DWI Unit. Also, the conviction rate obtained by that group of officer's was very very high. I cannot say specifically, but it was in the high 90% percent range (I want to say 97%, but cannot for sure).
THis is the same for all Departments. The DWI Units do the most DWI's, hence why they specialize in them and that is their only objective.
GOOD JOB TO ALL we really need to keep up the good work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charge dismissed against Farmington officer (Apr '09) 22 hr Grimreaper 86
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Tue Lyrcia 6,852
Farmington Racism-Part One (Dec '11) May 20 Caradawg ap Llyr ... 139
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) May 18 246 days remaining 604
News Trial begins in Top Deck discrimination lawsuit May 11 Whitey 20
News The marquee outside the Top Deck bar in Farming... May 10 Jenni 13
President Obama's Economy May 9 Go figr 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages