Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30932 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#32131 Jun 9, 2013
One of the Pentagon’s top strategists said climate change is fundamentally altering how the Defense Department (DOD) evaluates future conflict areas.

Daniel Chiu, the deputy assistant secretary of DOD strategy, said climate change has the Pentagon thinking about impacts on global food and water scarcity, mass migration and the potential for those issues to ignite clashes around the world.

“How we at the Department of Defense need to think about it — not again because we desire any of those to come about — but, frankly, so we can play our part in preventing those types of negative scenarios from emerging in the future,” he said Thursday at an event hosted by the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Chiu said climate change presents challenges that are not of the “traditional military-on-military, state-on-state” variety.

Climate change will generate greater need for humanitarian and disaster-relief aid, Chiu said. He referenced extreme weather events that are intensified by rising sea levels and warmer waters associated with climate change.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/3041...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
SpaceBlues

United States

#32132 Jun 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
At least, both of us spelled "re-pubic-lick-un" correctly.
Well, they might adopt it in desperation.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#32133 Oct 20, 2014
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Absolutely. You will not find any scientist or follower of the sciences making these claims. I only find them as 'strawmen' on denialist posts. EVERY ONE of them is wrong according to the science.
1: GW is bad.
Science says that it will cause climate changes. Science says nothing about it being 'bad' OR 'good'. It is mainly about risk and the inability of current science to foresee the outcome. There is another general ECONOMIC principle that change is expensive that is mostly the basis for the choice between 'adaptation' and 'avoidance'.
2: Man's CO2 could result in runaway ("tipping point")GW.
CO2 is not the only GHG and nowhere do they claim that AGW could result in 'runaway greenhouse'. There are CLIMATE 'tipping points' where an 'unrecoverable change' becomes 'locked in' but that is a different issue.
3: Reducing anthropogenic CO2 will slow GW.
In the absence of any other change. It will not slow AGW if you up the methane by ten times, etc. Science accounts for ALL the factors. CO2 is just ONE.
"Calling these three beliefs "facts" does not seem scientific or reasonable."
Calling them strawmen, OTOH, is quite reasonable since anyone can see that that is what they were made for.
Looking back can be a lot of fun.
SteadyStateEcono my

Portland, OR

#32135 May 16, 2015
Who still takes right wing science-denying idiots seriously? I am sick of willfully ignorant people who refuse to respect nature's limits and think Man is owed all of nature's resources no matter how much damage is done.

#32136 May 17, 2015
SteadyStateEconomy wrote:
Who still takes right wing science-denying idiots seriously? I am sick of willfully ignorant people who refuse to respect nature's limits and think Man is owed all of nature's resources no matter how much damage is done.
Nature doesn't have limits or gives a damn what mankind or any other entity does, and she won't be bothered when Earth gets frazzled by its sun.

Take a look at a few of "nature's limits."
https://www.google.es/search...

What a wonderful world, as long as you avert your gaze from reality?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#32137 May 17, 2015
Volcanic activity in Japan most be result of AlGore's GLOBAL WARMING;(

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#32138 May 17, 2015
The cash is-a-sizzling in the global warming tax scam.
Tomorrow it will be made into laws that allow you to rent your freedom.
IBdaMann

Ashburn, VA

#32139 May 17, 2015
Kyle wrote:
Hmmm? Science says that 9 of the 10 warmest years are in the last 15 years.
Science doesn't say that. What makes you think science says that? Perhaps your gullibility, because you read it on the Internet so it must be true?
Kyle wrote:
Denier scum says last 10 yrs show net cooling. not mathematically possible, you fuckwit.
I'm good with math. How is it not mathematically possible?(This should be good)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#32140 May 17, 2015
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nature doesn't have limits or gives a damn what mankind or any other entity does, and she won't be bothered when Earth gets frazzled by its sun.
Take a look at a few of "nature's limits."
https://www.google.es/search...
What a wonderful world, as long as you avert your gaze from reality?
But life as we know it does.
litesong

Everett, WA

#32141 May 17, 2015
i b da non-sigh-ants mann wrote:
Science doesn't say that.
Says "i b da non-sigh-ants mann" who proudly had no science chemistry astronomy physics algebra & pre-calc in a non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

Everett, WA

#32142 May 17, 2015
litesong wrote:
At least, both of us spelled "re-pubic-lick-un" correctly.
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
Well, they might adopt it in desperation.
/////////
litesong wrote:
They can't adopt it. "re-pubic-lick-un" is too accurate......even precisely describing tea baggers.
IBdaMann

Ashburn, VA

#32143 May 17, 2015
Earthling-1 wrote:
Nature doesn't have limits or gives a damn ...
English lesson time:

You can write "Nature doesn't have limits or GIVE a damn .." (parallel structure with the negative) or you can write "Nature neither has limits nor gives a damn .." but what you wrote is not what you are trying to say.

Just trying to help.

Hey, is this Nature of which you speak getting warmer?

#32144 May 17, 2015
IBdaMann wrote:
Hey, is this Nature of which ...
English lesson time:
The word nature isn't a proper noun, therefore doesn't require a capital n unless it begins a sentence, or when referring to Nature journal.
XandO

Phoenix, AZ

#32145 May 18, 2015
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>English lesson time:
The word nature isn't a proper noun, therefore doesn't require a capital n unless it begins a sentence, or when referring to Nature journal.
If that person's post is read with perception, however, it appears the poster has sarcastically capitalized the word. Maybe sarcasm is a bit too strong, but it seems to me it's capitalized to make a point.

Then again, I could be wrong.:-)
IBdaMann

Baltimore, MD

#32146 May 18, 2015
XandO wrote:
<quoted text>
If that person's post is read with perception, however, it appears the poster has sarcastically capitalized the word. Maybe sarcasm is a bit too strong, but it seems to me it's capitalized to make a point.
Astute observation. Yes, I capitalized "Nature" because it became a proper noun when Earthling-1 anthropomorphized "nature" to become a character that doesn't "give a damn" about limits or fossil fuels or catastrophists' claims. I've been trying to think of a way to sufficiently dumb-down the explanation so Earthling-1 can understand. Any help would be appreciated.
XandO

Phoenix, AZ

#32147 May 18, 2015
IBdaMann wrote:
<quoted text>
Astute observation. Yes, I capitalized "Nature" because it became a proper noun when Earthling-1 anthropomorphized "nature" to become a character that doesn't "give a damn" about limits or fossil fuels or catastrophists' claims. I've been trying to think of a way to sufficiently dumb-down the explanation so Earthling-1 can understand. Any help would be appreciated.
Why dumb down? Let others smart up.

Lol
Anonymous

Alexandria, VA

#32148 May 18, 2015
XandO wrote:
Why dumb down? Let others smart up.
Lol
Good point. That's a refreshingly positive outlook. I hope more people can follow your lead.

On your recommendation, I'll leave my explanation stand. I addressed his anthropomorphized character by a proper noun.

Earthling-1, is this Nature of which you speak getting warmer?

#32149 May 19, 2015
XandO wrote:

You are, because anyone who posts an "English lesson" must take care that they don't make an error in that post.

But thanks for your much appreciated input.Ö¿Ö

#32150 May 19, 2015
XandO wrote:
Why dumb down? Let others smart[sic] up.
Lol
Smarten up would be more accurate.
Something that's beyond IB daMned.
IBdaMann

Baltimore, MD

#32151 May 19, 2015
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Smarten up would be more accurate.
..either way, you still haven't answered the question. Maybe the optimism was misplaced and you DO need it dumbed down further, possibly a lot further.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interest in Pro Wrestling in Farmington? Jul 20 TryHarder 6
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Jul 19 hotincleveland 6,877
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 14 Wsuokgdrkhfc 619
Looking for Good DWI Attorney in Farmington N.M. Jul 14 I see now 4
News New detox center to open in Farmington Jul 7 Osama 7
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Jul 5 Herb 62
Farmington Racism-Part One (Dec '11) Jul 5 Herb 146

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages