Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.
Comments
30,101 - 30,120 of 30,791 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2013
PHD

Overton, TX

#31417 Feb 4, 2013
Just more useless cut and paste scientific science fiction from the same butt buddies out there.
suxsux

Albuquerque, NM

#31418 Feb 4, 2013
Sux has seen itself in the mirror......and can't stand what it sees.
.....homophobe that it is.
2 manygoats

Albuquerque, NM

#31419 Feb 4, 2013
Denial cannot be explained.
seriously.

Doha World Climate Summit: Schellnhuber gives talk to high-ranking representatives of states

12/06/2012 -“Don’t ask what global climate protection can do for your country; ask what your country can do for climate protection…”– it was by rephrasing former US president John F. Kennedy’s famous words that Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), addressed the highest-ranking representatives of states in Doha. He had been asked to present the keynote at the gala dinner on Tuesday night that opened the high-level segment of the world climate summit COP18 – an unsual honour for a scientist.

Hans Joachim Schellnhuber addressing the State of Qatar's Official Dinner (Foto: Office of H.H. The Heir Apparent)

The audience consisted of key international personalities. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon was listening, as well as the head of state of Qatar, the Emir H. H. Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and his wife H. H. Sheikha Moza bint Nasser.

Schellnhuber pointed out “three convenient untruths”: First, there is no anthropogenic climate change. Second, the consequences of climate change will be negligible. Third, admitted that there is climate change and that it is man-made, some say that limiting global warming to the 2 degrees guardrail agreed by states worldwide now cannot be achieved anymore, so climate protection is an illusion. The director of PIK showed why all this is wrong. First, the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature study, launched by skeptical scientists, some months ago confirmed that warming is real. Second, the most recent 4-degrees briefing that PIK did for the World Bank showed the severe impacts of climate change. Third, transition pathways have been outlined last year by the German Advisory Council on Global Change.

One final quote of Schellnhuber on climate change and its impacts was immediately tweeted by Christiana Figueres, head of the UN’s climate change secretariat:“First law of humanity: Don’t kill your children.” Silence was the first reaction after this last sentence of Schellnhuber´s speech – followed by long applause.
PHD

Overton, TX

#31420 Feb 4, 2013
So it is scientific science fiction.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31422 Feb 4, 2013
2 manygoats wrote:
Denial cannot be explained.
seriously.
Doha World Climate Summit: Schellnhuber gives talk to high-ranking representatives of states
12/06/2012 -“Don’t ask what global climate protection can do for your country; ask what your country can do for climate protection…”– it was by rephrasing former US president John F. Kennedy’s famous words that Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), addressed the highest-ranking representatives of states in Doha. He had been asked to present the keynote at the gala dinner on Tuesday night that opened the high-level segment of the world climate summit COP18 – an unsual honour for a scientist.
Hans Joachim Schellnhuber addressing the State of Qatar's Official Dinner (Foto: Office of H.H. The Heir Apparent)
The audience consisted of key international personalities. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon was listening, as well as the head of state of Qatar, the Emir H. H. Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani and his wife H. H. Sheikha Moza bint Nasser.
Schellnhuber pointed out “three convenient untruths”: First, there is no anthropogenic climate change. Second, the consequences of climate change will be negligible. Third, admitted that there is climate change and that it is man-made, some say that limiting global warming to the 2 degrees guardrail agreed by states worldwide now cannot be achieved anymore, so climate protection is an illusion. The director of PIK showed why all this is wrong. First, the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature study, launched by skeptical scientists, some months ago confirmed that warming is real. Second, the most recent 4-degrees briefing that PIK did for the World Bank showed the severe impacts of climate change. Third, transition pathways have been outlined last year by the German Advisory Council on Global Change.
One final quote of Schellnhuber on climate change and its impacts was immediately tweeted by Christiana Figueres, head of the UN’s climate change secretariat:“First law of humanity: Don’t kill your children.” Silence was the first reaction after this last sentence of Schellnhuber´s speech – followed by long applause.
EXCELLENT post, 2many. The deniers are literally killing everyone's children.

Location hidden

#31423 Feb 4, 2013
suxsux wrote:
The full Report:
"Turn Down the Heat"
November 2012
A Report for the World Bank by the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research and Climate Analytics
EXCELLENT seris of posts, suxsux. Deniers can't handle facts or the truth, though, so lots will object here.
2 manygoats

Albuquerque, NM

#31424 Feb 4, 2013
Consensus......ever heard of it?

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
PHD

Overton, TX

#31425 Feb 4, 2013
They only object to the scientific science fiction cut and paste useless babble the sux repeats over and again.

Fairfax, VA

#31426 Feb 4, 2013
PHD wrote:
They only object to the scientific science fiction cut and paste useless babble the sux repeats over and again.
another vote of a peanut to the wingnut who says an official NASA website is just ... "science fiction".

LOL.

Fairfax, VA

#31427 Feb 4, 2013
2 manygoats wrote:
Consensus......ever heard of it?
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
Thanks so much! Never saw that one. Will be using it.

Tina Anne has been saying my OTHER 2 official NASA websites talking about global warming weren't the only ones out there...

by which she meant there HAD to be other official NASA websites that were saying global warming was a hoax...

ha ha, but of course she could never meet my challenge to actually produce them.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31428 Feb 4, 2013
tina's game is to fool people into thinking that even NASA is confused about climate change. The same with "fake facts" except with solar scientists or geologists are having fights with each other. Etcetera.

As once tina said they have their posts "specialized" in deliverance. ph'd is wild card at large hoping to be paid even if it involves being nice to tina, she figures.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#31429 Feb 4, 2013
I'm a global warming supervillain, I produce new and stronger greenhouse gases for entertainment, emit greenhouse gas as a fact of life and enjoy using and producing energy and fuel.

Life is good, don't fear drought; CO2 is the answer. The more CO2 in the air, the less water plants need. Life is beautiful.

Fairfax, VA

#31430 Feb 4, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
tina's game is to fool people into thinking that even NASA is confused about climate change. The same with "fake facts" except with solar scientists or geologists are having fights with each other. Etcetera.
Can't remember if you saw our exchange.

She actually came back with 4 citations to Roy Spencers new paper...

If she had an ounce of honesty she would have been horrified when I proved that paper was rebutted by actual NASA climatologists and Roy Spencer's editor {to a Satellite publication by RSS} resigned in shame.

She ignored it and blithely continued as if she had found me a NASA citation.

She is not only a liar, but a liar of the highest degree.

Fairfax, VA

#31431 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I'm a global warming supervillain, I produce new and stronger greenhouse gases for entertainment, emit greenhouse gas as a fact of life and enjoy using and producing energy and fuel.
Life is good, don't fear drought; CO2 is the answer. The more CO2 in the air, the less water plants need. Life is beautiful.
Well that's a proven lie.

The greenhouse effect in the atmosphere does not work like a real greenhouse.

And in the atmosphere, warmer temperatures will evaporate the moisture in the ground and MORE water is needed.

In a green house, the moisture is self contained, so won't go anywhere.
2 manygoats

Albuquerque, NM

#31432 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ignorance is bliss..........
http://climate.nasa.gov/key_indicators#co2
PHD

Overton, TX

#31433 Feb 4, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
another vote of a peanut to the wingnut who says an official NASA website is just ... "science fiction".
LOL.
More words of wisdom from the scientific science fiction wallop10 AKA walloped again and again. If the NASA website isn't scientific science fiction than explain why they use terms like could be, prediction, forecast, opinion and many more fashionable buzz words. Another you really don't know vote for you.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31434 Feb 4, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't remember if you saw our exchange.
She actually came back with 4 citations to Roy Spencers new paper...
If she had an ounce of honesty she would have been horrified when I proved that paper was rebutted by actual NASA climatologists and Roy Spencer's editor {to a Satellite publication by RSS} resigned in shame.
She ignored it and blithely continued as if she had found me a NASA citation.
She is not only a liar, but a liar of the highest degree.
Yes, I remember the sequence and it was similar to her previous posts before you joined the forum. She repeats the same with new embelishments like "it was 2008 when AGW was disproven" contradicting previous claim of 2007 or 2009.

Her neurons must be twisted with so many lies.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31435 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
"I produce new and stronger greenhouse gases for entertainment"-sitting around putting a fart show isn't entertainment to most people.

"don't fear drought"-you must not have any or you've never gardened or farmed.

"The more CO2 in the air, the less water plants need."-dis-proven a number of times.

"Life is beautiful." Yes, it is, but how would you know? You're too busy polluting.
PHD

Overton, TX

#31436 Feb 5, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a proven lie.
The greenhouse effect in the atmosphere does not work like a real greenhouse.
And in the atmosphere, warmer temperatures will evaporate the moisture in the ground and MORE water is needed.
In a green house, the moisture is self contained, so won't go anywhere.
So where does the water go when it evaporates? Most if not all of your post is proven scientific science fiction. Well look at that you are one and the same as you call others out there expressing their opinion. Are you sure you’re not posting from that third world dictatorship country?

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31437 Feb 5, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
RealScience in particular is well known as the #1 climatology website. They have the top climatolotists participating there, plus I have seen top skeptic interacting too.
Per Wikipedia:
Skeptical Science has become a well-known resource for people seeking to understand or debate climate change, and has been praised for its straightforwardness.[11] Marine biologist Ove Hoegh-Guldberg has described it as "the most prominent knowledge-based website dealing with climate change in the world",[12] and The Washington Post has praised it as the "most prominent and detailed" website to counter arguments by global warming skeptics.[13] In September 2011, the site won the 2011 Eureka Prize from the Australian Museum in the category of Advancement of Climate Change Knowledge.[14]
So no surprises the Queen of lying right wing sites would have none of this.
<quoted text>
If that were true, NASA wouldn't have been on record officially as supporting global warming under the Bush administration.
Caught you lying again, didn't I.
<quoted text>
No. All the websites that have NASA on them and show their official logo on the topic of global warming are strongly in favor of global warming.
Which means you told a BIG lie when you claimed recently:
TINA ANNE: The fact that you still believe in AGW after all this time really is a peek into your mind. After all, AGW stopped being a theory in 2008.
<quoted text>
You took that out of context. The running off, meant you didn't honestly respond to that.
Yes, you have now responded -- but you did it with MORE lies about it.
I challenged you to find me a site with an official NASA logo that took your position.
and all you can do is try and smoke up the room with your lies.
Realscience and Skepticalscience are well known for being loaded with propaganda and not science. And as far as awards, many works of fiction win awards. The real judge is what they produce and what they have produced is propaganda, pure and simple. The reason you find yourself defending them and the NASA web sites is that the limited amount of source material available to you means that you cannot find other sources to rely on. That you have to resort to claiming I am lying instead of finding additional proof to back up your claims.

OF course you have little choice. That so many of the places you once could rely on have now changed thier stance and are now disagree with man being the primary motivator on climate change or have been discredited.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... 4 hr Richies Cool Man ... 186
Governor candidate Gary King discusses educatio... Aug 25 forgot one 2
Debate: Ferguson - Farmington, NM Aug 22 Sleestack 4
FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... Aug 21 XandO 2
Rob Mayes Aug 21 Cain 2
New upscale gym in Farmington prepares to open ... Aug 21 lolol 9
County officials consider increasing taxes to r... Aug 21 oh yeah 1
•••
•••
•••

Farmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000