Murder charge filed

Murder charge filed

There are 535 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 12, 2011, titled Murder charge filed. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The 17-year-old son of Farmington's city manager was arrested Friday and confessed to bludgeoning a local doctor to death with a pool cue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

trailsend

Colorado Springs, CO

#406 Jun 14, 2011
cold cream wrote:
<quoted text>I contemplated the choice of the two. I purposely chose the incorrect on. I figured that would give your inquisitive and natural over-achieving brain a "bone" to chew on, otherwise you would have been going crazy in finding something to respond to. Good find. Like minds think alike... or is "birds of a feather" more appropriate??? Mel is "out to lunch" otherwise I would have consulted her.(Talk about tossing the chumps a bone to chew on)!
NICE!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#407 Jun 14, 2011
whomovedmybowels wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, talk about being the one with shifty, beady eyes "slunched" down in the back of your classroom....... better check your teacher's seat for a tack before you sit down!
Oh and my dog really did eat my homework.
No, your mom rescued it, pieced it back together and I now have it. Here is a sample from the one of the reconstructed pages:

"The correct spelling of XY(P-Q) is 1776 George Washington's theory of relativity attributed to Sir Paul McCartney =MC(2yxn)= 0."

wow....you covered a lot of territory.

Keep up the good work, wmmb. You really do have potential (and stop blaming your dog).

That tack idea was SO funny. I'm still laughing.

Location hidden

#408 Jun 14, 2011
trailsend wrote:
<quoted text>
....and let's not forget the level of intelligence that sets her apart. She is simply amazing. I'm so proud to be one her followers! Go can be you!Mel!!!! Thata girl, no one could ever be you!
Oh don't sell yourself short. You are almost there.(I'm so proud of you, and no excuses about the dog eating your homework.)
Someone

San Antonio, TX

#409 Jun 14, 2011
Are you people serious?? WHO CARES whether you can spell the best, have the best grammar, or WHATEVER, that isn't what this is about at all!! How can you so blatantly disrespect the subject of this whole thread? I am sure there are places that you can discuss what you're talking about without ruining this thread with it. Come on...
trailsend

Colorado Springs, CO

#410 Jun 14, 2011
Someone wrote:
Are you people serious?? WHO CARES whether you can spell the best, have the best grammar, or WHATEVER, that isn't what this is about at all!! How can you so blatantly disrespect the subject of this whole thread? I am sure there are places that you can discuss what you're talking about without ruining this thread with it. Come on...
.....hmmmmm and yet it's O.K. for you to complain on the same thread? How is that? Mel, what do you think?
trailsend

Colorado Springs, CO

#411 Jun 14, 2011
MelanieThinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't sell yourself short. You are almost there.(I'm so proud of you, and no excuses about the dog eating your homework.)
No homework eaten by a dog here! Keep up the good work Mel. Someday I will catch up to you!

Location hidden

#412 Jun 14, 2011
trailsend wrote:
<quoted text>
.....hmmmmm and yet it's O.K. for you to complain on the same thread? How is that? Mel, what do you think?
Well, I can see how some could be offended by the off-topic joking, but no one means any disrespect. It certainly seems preferable to some of the very, very tasteless remarks in the threads relating to this tragic crime.

People DO often have a double standard, huh.

Location hidden

#414 Jun 14, 2011
cold cream wrote:
<quoted text>See? What did I tell you! I threw out an old stink'n bone and ALL THE CHUMPS came out for a morsel. They pounced on poor Mel like a pack of hungry wolves. They took the bait. Not to worry. Mel will devour them a piece at a time. It ceases to amaze me how proficient she is at her craft. Mel is like the mythological Spicer Woman, she matodiclly dismantles her evil prey a piece by piece. That's why she is the maestra and I am resigned to being but a shy student in the back row with Mr. Bowles. I reference "poor Mel" with a twist of humor and pity. These imbeciles know not what they attack. When they finally realize what has happened, I'm sure they feel like a helpless seal pub being pummeled into the air by a Great White shark, only never to ever fell the safety of water again, oh how horrible their deserved demise must feel to them.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You sound almost Shakespearean with a bit of old Sam Clemens thrown in.

Location hidden

#416 Jun 14, 2011
cold cream wrote:
<quoted text>I had the pleasure of being in a class at San Juan Branch as a student along side of Jim Nordstrum. I was not from Farmingon High but had a few friends that had gone to high school with him. I was familiar the last name because of a store in Farmington with the last name. I also was a class mate on Don Sitta. They were two worlds apart. It was apparent to me they were both "children" of local doctors. Sitta was a laid back happy go lucky kind of guy. Jim Nordstrum was the example of a serious student. His questions and statements were though provoking and inspirational. I was often embarrassed for the instructor in their verbal exchanges. The guy was brilliant, but tried to be part of the norm, which was very apparent he was not. He went on to a real school and that was the last I ever knew of him until now. What I did know and "feel" about him, I would be so bold as to say he WOULD appreciate a little humor and distraction to the untimely demise of his kindred spirit. The humor and playful banter exhibited in this threat is with total and unequivocal respect for his mere existence. Simper fi, my passing friend. We the "norm" salute your untimely passing and thank you for allowing us to morn along side of your loved ones. Salu, my friend.
Well, thank you for that bit of insight.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque, NM

#418 Jun 14, 2011
Someone wrote:
Who are you to decide that the thread has been disrespected? What criteria are you using to judge it's been ruined? I guess that means no Pulitzer for any of us!

Location hidden

#419 Jun 14, 2011
cold cream wrote:
<quoted text>Let not the pity of ill fitting words distract you from pleasure of your craft. It is with admiration we mere students watch and learn from your graceful moves methodical vigilance. Walk quietly in the night, as we watch and learn from the demise of weak....... As disappointed as I may be from your student evaluation. The attempt was to provide you with the inspiration of E. A. Poe. Thanks none the less.
Oh yes, I get the Poe correlation....kinda like The Raven, although I was hoping more for a touch of Ligeia.

I just like the drama of Shakespeare and the wryness of Twain.

Location hidden

#420 Jun 14, 2011
whomovedmybowels wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to decide that the thread has been disrespected? What criteria are you using to judge it's been ruined? I guess that means no Pulitzer for any of us!
Now, now, we do need a board monitor. Will this monitor hurt our Pulitzer chances??? Now that sucks.

Since: Jun 11

Farmington, NM

#422 Jun 14, 2011
LOL...I am a condescending racist hack who would be better off shutting my hairy lip then continuing to blab at other people about their grammar. I am soooo pretentious I may burst.
whatever

Frisco, TX

#423 Jun 14, 2011
he should be hung. and we have taken capitol punishnment out. STUPID
Just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#424 Jun 14, 2011
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, under the circumstances, a dog would've been the only thing that would have helped. Jim had a gun, close by as a matter of fact, but if you don't know someone is in your house, a gun isn't gonna help.
Jim had talked much about getting a dog. A future plan... He loved dogs but was planning on selling his house and didn't want to build a fence to contain a dog. And if he couldn't take care of it the way it needed to be taken care of, he wouldn't get one. That was just Jim.
Jim was also quite adept at self defense. He'd studied it for quite some time.
Jim was a good man. He was my best friend for many many years. I will so miss our conversations. He was the most intelligent person I've ever known. Anyone that knew him will attest to the fact that he knew how to be a good friend. If you needed him, his medical expertise, etc, he was always there.
This was such a senseless crime. Many I know will miss Jim greatly. He had his faults like everyone else, and he would have been the first person to say that, but for the most part, Farmington lost a hell of a man.
So sad.... Jim spent years saving people's lives in the ER. Such a terrible crime to have an obviously disturbed young man take the life of a physician that saved so many.
Sick of yall

United States

#425 Jun 15, 2011
Why dont you think about this???? What if this was your kid? Would you want all these assholes on here saying to hang him and all this other stuff...i dont think so. Yes what he did was horrible but from what i can tell the majority of you dont even live in farmigton. Yes neither do i but i did. and i was very close to the Mayes family. Just take a look from a different point of view and watch what you say. Your not just hurting the family but you are hurting the loved ones that were so very close to him.

Location hidden

#426 Jun 15, 2011
Sick of yall wrote:
Why dont you think about this???? What if this was your kid? Would you want all these **** on here saying to hang him and all this other stuff...i dont think so. Yes what he did was horrible but from what i can tell the majority of you dont even live in farmigton. Yes neither do i but i did. and i was very close to the Mayes family. Just take a look from a different point of view and watch what you say. Your not just hurting the family but you are hurting the loved ones that were so very close to him.
Yeah, sometimes this sort of thing happens when a person commits murder. I mean.....people aren't real fond of Casey Anthony (or her parents, in many cases), having convicted her before she ever went to trial, and she hasn't confessed, nor is there any direct evidence linking her to murder. It's circumstantial (enough in many cases to convict, BTW). Point is, many horrible things have been said about her. Murder generates opinions--good, bad, and in the middle.

Not trying to be off topic, but really, do you expect people are not going to have visceral, sometimes illogical, emotional reactions to a premeditated murder of this sort?
Begone

United States

#427 Jun 15, 2011
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>After reading this over and over again from the community, it is now in the hands of the city council and mayor Tommy Roberts to vote to fire Robb Mayes tonight at the meeting they are having. Whether it be closed door or open door just do it and start investigating why this kid recieved special treatment from the Farmington police department and the District Attorney's office. Then apropriate charges should be filed on those involved in this crime. Acessory to murder?????
FPD had nothing to do with his "special treatment". Believe me- the FPD wanted him to get punished. But it was out of their control.
Begone

United States

#428 Jun 15, 2011
The Searcher wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't be explained away. Case is still open and pending. FPD administration won't let their detectives do their jobs.!!!!!
Very true!
Enough

United States

#430 Jun 15, 2011
good god wrote:
wow...if this 17 year old was served justice the first few times and acts of crimes, a doctor would still be alive..but no...the city of farmington needs to be investigated internal...how the hell does a someone like that with a wrapsheet get a slap on the wrist and sent away to "school?" i just don't believe it. but then again, as a former resident of san juan county, i could see how it would if you got power. just too typical and it needs to stop. my condolences to the losses on both sides and i hope justice is served!
The JPO and the detectives at FPD wanted this kid to be punished for his crimes. But Daddy wiped his rear end and got him out of it. He obviously hasn’t ever had to pay the consequences for his own actions. He must have learned that no matter what he does Mama and/ or Daddy are gonna make it go away. Tough love! I’m all for it. Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Sun Marc 6,935
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Sep 24 117 Days Remaining 635
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Sep 22 reese 51
Farmington Racism-Part One (Dec '11) Sep 20 Blah ha NAILED IT 150
New in town Sep 20 Blah ha NAILED IT 2
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... (Jun '15) Sep 20 Hughes 12
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Sep 20 Ralph 10

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages