Proposed state-of-the-art Kirtland ve...

Proposed state-of-the-art Kirtland veterans clinic could provid...

There are 84 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 13, 2010, titled Proposed state-of-the-art Kirtland veterans clinic could provid.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A proposed veterans complex in Kirtland centered around a new hospital, backed by a wealthy entrepreneur and costing an estimated $3.3 billion promises to bring state-of-the-art medicine and other benefits to veterans, as well as 8,000 jobs to the local economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
wurx-fur-me

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Mar 14, 2010
It seems to be a win, win situation for everyone involved. A good progressive project. I'm all for it! C'mon fellow citizens! Let's get together and promote this enterprise! This is the best economic news we have had around here in a long time. With a project like this, the community can dodge the effects of the petroleum industry instability.
Diversify

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Mar 14, 2010
This could be the key to the diversification of business away from the oil & gas industry in our area. We could become a medical haven complete with retirement communities like Del Webb Sun City and other such enterprizes. This could save the City of Farmington, San Juan County, and the whole area from serious economic losses.
Veterans for Common Sense

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2010
Why can't they allow services to veterans at San Juan Regional Medical Center? Veterans need help now. Who pays for these bonds? Taxpayers. Offer transportation services to veterans to receive service at the doctors of their choice, locally. Do not force them to go to a designated VA facility. Help Veterans now!
Otis

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Mar 14, 2010
B.S. These guys are smokin' some primo stuff if they think this scheme isn't full of holes. It's as phony-sounding as the airport restaurant. Jeeze. For the amount of money these guys are talking about you could buy a 747 and fly it empty 99% of the time to the clinic in Albuquerque. Why is there a time constraint on the "interested parties"? Anytime someone tells you there is a need to move quickly it smells like a rat. I can think of no reason this would need to be hurried. None of this story holds together. I'd get a little coffee-klatch of folks who really have money in the area and ask them if this doesn't stink to high heaven.
dislocated New Mexican

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2010
Thank you, THIS is what AMERICA ia about, not the O. Insurance sceem.....
JUST THE FACTS

Farmington, NM

#6 Mar 14, 2010
Otis wrote:
B.S. These guys are smokin' some primo stuff if they think this scheme isn't full of holes. It's as phony-sounding as the airport restaurant. Jeeze. For the amount of money these guys are talking about you could buy a 747 and fly it empty 99% of the time to the clinic in Albuquerque. Why is there a time constraint on the "interested parties"? Anytime someone tells you there is a need to move quickly it smells like a rat. I can think of no reason this would need to be hurried. None of this story holds together. I'd get a little coffee-klatch of folks who really have money in the area and ask them if this doesn't stink to high heaven.
I agree. This hurry up atitude is as bad as the hurried push for healthcare.
Otis

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 14, 2010
Just as a starting point of what a crock this thing is here is a link to an actual cost-per-sq.ft. ranking of U.S. market hospitals. These guys are up to something and it isn't healthcare.
http://www.reedconstructiondata.com/news/2009...
Voter

Grand Junction, CO

#8 Mar 14, 2010
The taxpayers are fixin' to get hosed down once again!!! The whole story is just one Music Man line after another. Keep in mind that the reason Willis "owns" Fuddruckers is that he was the late Jeff Flemings business partner. That in itself should tell you how viable this project is.
sheeez

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Mar 14, 2010
This should of been in comic section. Bobby Willis is a conman. Everyone that knows him knows how full of crap he is. Give it time it will all come out at some point.
PoGo

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Mar 14, 2010
This area has so many veterans. This would be a nice thing to have available to them. Kirtland would be a better place too!
What

Grand Junction, CO

#11 Mar 14, 2010
This is pure nonsense. First, does anyone who has indicated support for this harebrained scheme done the math? For crying out loud,$3.3 Billion??? Do you have any idea of what a billion dollars is?
Second, what kind of fool states that they have "millions" of dollars AND that "San Juan Regional Medical Center might have to close...".
How many times will con men come to town and convince our elected officials, this time the San Juan County Commissioners, that they have the answer to our financial woes and then STEAL OUR MONEY AND LEAVE TOWN!
If Risley and Willis want to build it, let 'em. NOT ONE DIME FROM THE TAXPAYERS, NOT ONE DIME OF BOND MONEY.
Too funny

Grand Junction, CO

#12 Mar 14, 2010
Hospital construction costs are around $1.5 per bed. If they're spending $3.3 BILLION for 150 beds, the costs pencil out to $22 million per bed. This is pure bs. Fraud alert...
Farmington Resident

Farmington, NM

#13 Mar 14, 2010
Doesn't this sound too good to be true? Something smells fishy here(and it's not Morgan Lake).

I would be the first to admit that our veterans deserve the best we can give them but come on... What's the rush on this? Something doesn't add up here.
Too funny

Grand Junction, CO

#14 Mar 14, 2010
SJRMC says they have 1400 employees and 240 beds.
The Bobby Willis Memorial Hospital will have 8000 employees for 150 beds?

Again, the numbers make no sense unless you're trying to con the county commission, which isn't very difficult to do apparently.
cjjeepercreeper

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Mar 14, 2010
Its all about the timing. Health care is on everyone's mind right now thanks to Zero and company and unemployment is high, thanks again to Zero and company, so this con man is just trying to take advantage of the public's heightened awareness of those two things. So very typical of a good con, take a couple things that really play with people's emotions and use them against them. This is total con artist bs.
Paladin

United States

#16 Mar 14, 2010
It's time to see which "Good ol boy" owns land in that area.
Blame who

Grand Junction, CO

#17 Mar 14, 2010
cjjeepercreeper wrote:
Its all about the timing. Health care is on everyone's mind right now thanks to Zero and company and unemployment is high, thanks again to Zero and company, so this con man is just trying to take advantage of the public's heightened awareness of those two things. So very typical of a good con, take a couple things that really play with people's emotions and use them against them. This is total con artist bs.
So it's Obama's fault that Bobby Willis is trying to build this thing? Whew. You need to set the glass down and step away from the Kool-Aide....
cjjeepercreeper

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Mar 14, 2010
Blame who wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's Obama's fault that Bobby Willis is trying to build this thing? Whew. You need to set the glass down and step away from the Kool-Aide....
Nowhere did I say it was Zero's fault. I simply said that what Zero and is friends have done have given this con man an opportunity. Make the distinction, lame brain.
Idiot

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Mar 14, 2010
Otis wrote:
Just as a starting point of what a crock this thing is here is a link to an actual cost-per-sq.ft. ranking of U.S. market hospitals. These guys are up to something and it isn't healthcare.
http://www.reedconstructiondata.com/news/2009...
You are as dumb as a box of sinkers. Read the article. It is about much more than a hospital construction. You are suffering from anal-cranial inversion. Your depth of knowledge of construction costs is about the thickness of a sheet of paper.
Memory Maker

Teec Nos Pos, UT

#20 Mar 14, 2010
BEWARE OF THE IDES OF MARCH!! Lots of red flags! Which Mormon gold boy owns the land? Building with no permits and the govt. occupying a hospitol with no building permits? I don't think so! Hospital building requires building codes way and beyond the norm. As in any case, If it sounds to good to be true, RUN THE OTHER WAY! Having "millions" does not constitute "billions". Remember, the was the secondary partner to the Fudruckers fiasco. Remember how gullable the city leaders were to the "donations" the suicidal primary partner to Fudruckers contributed. All the time he was broke and still appeared to be flying high. RUN AWAY FROM THIS SCAM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Wed Blinded by the ugly 86
Redburn tires Aug 11 Faker 2
News 'Thump junkie' Tommy Bolack preps for show (Jul '11) Aug 5 Livin Az 23
Goodbye OilfIeld and Coal Companies Aug 5 Inside Line 3
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 25 Richies Cool Man ... 736
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul '17 the victim 52
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages