Husband of accused mom killed in Iraq

Husband of accused mom killed in Iraq

There are 1 comment on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Husband of accused mom killed in Iraq. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

“We don't know the dynamics of the family and who is helping her. We try to tell families that no matter what, you have to be there for each other.”

The mother of a wandering toddler was charged Monday with child endangerment -- just six weeks after she buried her husband who was killed by a rocket-propelled grenade in Iraq in late January.

Prosecutors charged Thelma M. Straughter on Monday with child endangerment after a neighbor found the two-year-old wandering in 30-degree weather wearing only a diaper.

The boy and his two siblings now are staying with grandparents. 'We are investigating an allegation of neglect connected with this case,' said Kendall Marlowe, spokesman for Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. 'All three children are now together in the home of a relative.' Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

xyz

Hillsboro, MO

#1 Apr 1, 2008
Give me a break. If she were of different ethnic background, this wouldn't even be considered for prosecution!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs In Farmington 21 min Lonestranger 14
Veronica I Still Love you 5 hr WGODAT 7
Jason Hampton’s Employer 14 hr Janis 11
Jason Hampton Wed Smoky 15
derik(dj) horn (Apr '17) Wed LUnitickkk67 7
the music thread (Mar '12) Apr 15 Taxpayer parent 42
MySpace Apr 15 Walter Godat 1

Farmington Jobs

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages