First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Farmingtonlady

United States

#23 Jan 15, 2013
It isn't just the elks she does this at....
love

Fenton, MO

#24 Jan 15, 2013
The one on hwy 32 is alc it's an actual preschool with a school setting all day not just an hour or two. I've heard nothing but good things about them. The other one on 32 is the classroom, heard good things there too as a day care but also heard they were closing. About creative kids I wouldn't send my sons there, have seen and heard to many bad things and workers are always changing, confusing for the kids. I think most kids are enrolled only because its 24 hours and open on weekends unlike the other places...
Anonymous

Lockhart, TX

#25 Jan 16, 2013
I used to work there and my kid went there. They used to put five year olds in high chairs and I saw one teacher lay on a kid to make him go to sleep. I pulled my kid and quit. Its def not a good place.
stary

United States

#26 Jan 16, 2013
My friends daughter has been going there for almost 2 yrs. I have drooped her off and picked her up and the kid loves it and my friend has never had any problems. Of course its crazy when looking in there , there's a bunch of kids playing. I have 5 kids of my own and my house is hectic and chaotic sometimes but that doesn't mean my kids aren't very well taken care of. As far as the owner drinking at night at elks that's her business only as long as shes not bringing her business into it. If your saying shes a bad business owner cause she goes out sometimes and drinks then your calling most people bad parents . I have worked at many restaurants and seen parents come in without their kids and have to much to drink but that doesn't make them bad parents or business owners. Sounds to me like the owner of one of these other daycares are posting stuff to get business ...smh same on you.
mama

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Jan 17, 2013
stary wrote:
My friends daughter has been going there for almost 2 yrs. I have drooped her off and picked her up and the kid loves it and my friend has never had any problems. Of course its crazy when looking in there , there's a bunch of kids playing. I have 5 kids of my own and my house is hectic and chaotic sometimes but that doesn't mean my kids aren't very well taken care of. As far as the owner drinking at night at elks that's her business only as long as shes not bringing her business into it. If your saying shes a bad business owner cause she goes out sometimes and drinks then your calling most people bad parents . I have worked at many restaurants and seen parents come in without their kids and have to much to drink but that doesn't make them bad parents or business owners. Sounds to me like the owner of one of these other daycares are posting stuff to get business ...smh same on you.
I think she had an issue with the drinking because her kids were there with them "having a family dinner", and the fact that the kids saw it troubled her. To be honest I probably would have reacted the same way. I've seen my daughter teacher at the bar a few times, even bought her a drink, and had no issues with that at all because that is an adult place. Its quite another story when I'm with my kids having a family meal and one of their roles models in getting trashed at the next table.
well

Old Monroe, MO

#28 Jan 17, 2013
mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she had an issue with the drinking because her kids were there with them "having a family dinner", and the fact that the kids saw it troubled her. To be honest I probably would have reacted the same way. I've seen my daughter teacher at the bar a few times, even bought her a drink, and had no issues with that at all because that is an adult place. Its quite another story when I'm with my kids having a family meal and one of their roles models in getting trashed at the next table.
That may be true, but I wouldn't consider the Elks to be a family oriented place to begin with and I absolutely don't see the owner getting 'trashed' if she's there having dinner as well. If the place allows drinking to the point of people getting 'trashed, then why were children there in the first place?
parent

United States

#29 Jan 17, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but I wouldn't consider the Elks to be a family oriented place to begin with and I absolutely don't see the owner getting 'trashed' if she's there having dinner as well. If the place allows drinking to the point of people getting 'trashed, then why were children there in the first place?
Maybe because some PARENTS just don't give a SHIT!
seriously

United States

#30 Jan 17, 2013
When u go into the elks your gonna see people drinking duh doesn't matter if its a week night or not if u don't like its go to mcds!
Bystander

United States

#31 Jan 20, 2013
I'm not a parent but do have a niece n nephew I've seen her out four times this week who would leave there child with a drunk?!? N doesn't she have kids of her own?!?
really

Saint Peters, MO

#32 Jan 20, 2013
Just because you call someone a drunk doesn't make them one. It's funny that all the people, or maybe it's just one using different "anonymous" names, never uses their own name but they have no problem making false accusations against one particular name.
anonymous

Farmington, MO

#33 Jan 20, 2013
Really, really. Is really your first or last name?
really

Saint Peters, MO

#34 Jan 20, 2013
Why would it matter if I used my real name or not when I'm not the one on here bashing people?
anonymous

United States

#35 Jan 21, 2013
So a name is required if it anyone else's opinion except yours....really
really

Saint Peters, MO

#36 Jan 21, 2013
No, an opinion is one thing, slander is another. Some of you are on here dragging her name through the mud, yet none of you will post your names to back it up. My name is Mary, what's yours?
Theresomethingab outMary

United States

#37 Jan 21, 2013
hmm well if you are wanting ppl to put there names maybe you should be more specific than "Mary" sounds more like you might be trying to defend yourself?
Mary

Saint Peters, MO

#38 Jan 21, 2013
I don't think anyone that is talking crap about her will have the guts to post their name anyway. How does one get more specific with their name? And defend myself from what? You asked for my name and I gave it to you. Why not post yours? Are you afraid she will find out your true identity? People are big and tough posting anonymously behind computer screens, only thing is you may not be as anonymous as you think. ;)
ok

United States

#39 Feb 12, 2013
parent wrote:
I beg to differ. My child's babysitter's personal life is certainly my business if she is watching my child!
Really you think babysitters all over the world should only do approved things in their personal time??? Absolutely ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
big beautiful women 18 hr Fat Sucks 19
cashier at country mart Wed curiosity 9
Mad mom Tue I understand 45
VL there hasn't Tue Samuel Fondren 7
Cali Hayes (Jul '13) Tue Cody 23
Brad and kathleen clark. Tue well 7
Local preachers that sleep around Tue Work 21

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance