why?

Farmington, MO

#1 Feb 23, 2013
When I was growing up this used to be a small farm town. Now look at it. There are so many lights when you hit the city limits. Why is everyone trying to make this a city?! Go to the CITY if you want all then fancy clothes or resturants.
dump

Farmington, MO

#2 Feb 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="why?"]When I was growing up this used to be a small farm town. Now look at it. There are so many lights when you hit the city limits. Why is everyone trying to make this a city?! Go to the CITY if you want all then fancy clothes or resturants.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I miss the mom and pop restaurants. I think the diner in the factory is the only one left that I can think of.
Well

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Well, it's called progress. With progress comes jobs. With jobs comes people. People want to be able to drive a few miles to get what they need, not drive over an hour to get to St. Louis.
If you don't like it, Fredericktown is just twenty minutes down highway 67.
why?

Farmington, MO

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Well wrote:
Well, it's called progress. With progress comes jobs. With jobs comes people. People want to be able to drive a few miles to get what they need, not drive over an hour to get to St. Louis.
If you don't like it, Fredericktown is just twenty minutes down highway 67.
No. They don't like it. THEY can move. The farms that used to be here brought jobs to the area. They took the farm jobs away and made new jobs but with city money. If people don't like the way the town is they can move to somewhere that is like that. It just selfish to say that because I don't, as well as a lot of people, want this city this place has become. I shouldn't have to move.
Well

Park Hills, MO

#5 Feb 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="why?"]<quote d text>
No. They don't like it. THEY can move. The farms that used to be here brought jobs to the area. They took the farm jobs away and made new jobs but with city money. If people don't like the way the town is they can move to somewhere that is like that. It just selfish to say that because I don't, as well as a lot of people, want this city this place has become. I shouldn't have to move.[/QUOTE]

This town is going to grow whether you like it or not so you basically have two options:

1. Move

2. Deal with it
Wow

Brookfield, CT

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Why?...your opinion is one among a few followers you may have. You cannot speak for me...who is this infamous 'they'?'They' don't like it. Well, sweetheart, I grew up here, too. I love the fact that the city is growing and if you don't like it, please move away, because people like you give this town a bad name.

How about Marquand? That's a nice rural farm town for you. We will continue our city of Tradition AND Progress...remember the town's motto? Be gone with you! Please!
Guest

Brookfield, CT

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Well wrote:
Well, it's called progress. With progress comes jobs. With jobs comes people. People want to be able to drive a few miles to get what they need, not drive over an hour to get to St. Louis.
If you don't like it, Fredericktown is just twenty minutes down highway 67.
Well why don't you go the other way up the highway to progress. Smart A$$. Not everyone wants what you want. What you want is called GREED.
Guest

Brookfield, CT

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Wow wrote:
Why?...your opinion is one among a few followers you may have. You cannot speak for me...who is this infamous 'they'?'They' don't like it. Well, sweetheart, I grew up here, too. I love the fact that the city is growing and if you don't like it, please move away, because people like you give this town a bad name.
How about Marquand? That's a nice rural farm town for you. We will continue our city of Tradition AND Progress...remember the town's motto? Be gone with you! Please!
Are you an idiot or what. Just because someone does not like the growing town does not give the town a bad name. No it is idiots like you that give the town a bad name.
Well

Park Hills, MO

#9 Feb 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Well why don't you go the other way up the highway to progress. Smart A$$. Not everyone wants what you want. What you want is called GREED.
Please explain to me how exactly you twisted progress into greed?

So if not everyone wants progress then why when a new business opens up the place is packed? That tells me that a majority of people in this entire area likes this town to grow. And guess what guest? This is still a democracy, and majority rules. Again, deal with it or move.
country

Park Hills, MO

#10 Feb 24, 2013
It sure isn't like it used to be. That's for damn sure. But it sure isn't no big city bullshit like St. Louis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Franky Vogelpohl is a €un+ 1 hr Zoomzoom 1
farmington hooters and fazoli's (Aug '12) 1 hr Sanchez 42
Fastest street car in Bonne Terre????? 4 hr Smh 20
chiari malformation 9 hr Forum reader 4
Proffers produce Park Hills MO 16 hr Attorney at Law SEMO 26
Thad Wineinger (Jul '13) 23 hr SkillzDa187 5
Jennifer swaringim (Sep '15) Thu Kissmyass 4

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages