What happened on the Farmington exit?
mee

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2012
Someone jumped
I saw

Park Hills, MO

#3 Dec 23, 2012
I crossed over the incident as I was headed North on 67 from the Karsh Blvd ramp. I pulled over on the ramp and could see down onto the 67 South exit onto Karsh. The was something that the police had covered with a sheet and they kept lifting the sheet to look under. After the police realized that about 6-8 cars hard pulled over on the ramp where I was, they ordered everyone back into our cars and to move on. I've not heard or seen any "official" new reports.
wondering

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2012
O wow! When we were driving over the overpass we saw the white sheet but didn't see any cars that could have wrecked so i didn't know what was going on.
former cm employee

United States

#5 Dec 23, 2012
42 year old colored lady jumped
wow

United States

#6 Dec 23, 2012
Thats horriable does anyone know who it was? Why isnt on the daily journal or on the news. Did they jump or fall?
wondering

United States

#7 Dec 23, 2012
That's so sad.
wondering

United States

#8 Dec 24, 2012
Who was it?
why

Park Hills, MO

#9 Dec 24, 2012
I saw wrote:
I crossed over the incident as I was headed North on 67 from the Karsh Blvd ramp. I pulled over on the ramp and could see down onto the 67 South exit onto Karsh.
Do you have some kind of morbid curiosity that would cause you and your cohorts to do such a thing?
crazy

United States

#10 Dec 24, 2012
Can't find any information about this anywhere! I just Hope whoever it was, that their family is staying strong and my prayers are with them.
just_wondering

United States

#11 Dec 24, 2012
Their policy states they do not report on suicides.
craz

United States

#12 Dec 24, 2012
Oh well I didn't know that.. nice to know tho.
Becka

Brookfield, CT

#13 Dec 24, 2012
I wouldn't call it morbid, it's simple human curiosity.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#14 Dec 25, 2012
Becka wrote:
I thought it was called being nosy :-)
why

Park Hills, MO

#15 Dec 25, 2012
Becka wrote:
People who actually pull their cars over on an off ramp to look down at another human being who lost their life. You can call it simple human curiosity but to me it seems morbid.

If that happened to a family member of yours, would you appreciate rubberneckers doing that to them?
nightmare

Park Hills, MO

#16 Dec 25, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>People who actually pull their cars over on an off ramp to look down at another human being who lost their life. You can call it simple human curiosity but to me it seems morbid.

If that happened to a family member of yours, would you appreciate rubberneckers doing that to them?
Oh who are you to judge someone for their actions!! Who cares if someone stopped to see what was going on!
why

Park Hills, MO

#17 Dec 25, 2012
nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh who are you to judge someone for their actions!! Who cares if someone stopped to see what was going on!
I care.

1. Because like I said earlier, it's morbid and disrespectful.

2. The act of pulling over on an off ramp to rubberneck at another human being who supposedly took their own life is also a dangerous thing to do since they might cause an accident. Why do you think the police ran them off?
nightmare

Park Hills, MO

#18 Dec 25, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>I care.

1. Because like I said earlier, it's morbid and disrespectful.

2. The act of pulling over on an off ramp to rubberneck at another human being who supposedly took their own life is also a dangerous thing to do since they might cause an accident. Why do you think the police ran them off?
What in the world kinda of word is "rubberneck" wow, your the good police right?! Baaaaaaahaha get s damn life your not a saint!!!
why

Park Hills, MO

#19 Dec 25, 2012
nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the world kinda of word is "rubberneck" wow, your the good police right?! Baaaaaaahaha get s damn life your not a saint!!!
Is that the only response you can come up with? The good police? Seriously?
I thought that I was talking to someone who wasn't pathetically ignorant...my mistake.
why

Park Hills, MO

#20 Dec 25, 2012
nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
rub·ber·neck
/&#712;r&#601;b&#6 01;r&#716;nek/
Noun
A person who turns their head to stare foolishly at something.
Verb
Stare in such a way: "a passerby rubbernecking at the accident scene".

And there you go, I just taught you a new word. Merry Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serenity Hospice In the toilet 10 hr Angry 27
Matt Burgess Arrested Thu Get real 71
academy Thu Buildingboom 4
Mrs. Veronica Lenz Clubb Thu Walter Godat 2
Girl caught fooling around with staff member Ha... Thu grammer guru 9
St Francois County DFS (Oct '09) Thu REALLY123 59
Any one know anything about angie ogle playing... (Feb '16) Thu Hahaha 14

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance