Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jrp

Park Hills, MO

#1 Oct 18, 2011
Well, Better Bodies new owners have finally done it!
The gym is not the filthiest in this area.
The gym is never cleaned, dirty bandiads stuck to shower doors, dead bugs laying the the same place for weeks at a time, equipment in ill-repair and dirty.

Congratulations owners, you have a "health club" that is hazardous to members health....
jrp

Park Hills, MO

#2 Oct 18, 2011
OOOPS!
The first line should have read NOW the dirtiest gym in the area.
Ahh, gotta love typing....
oldschool better bodies

Farmington, MO

#3 Oct 18, 2011
I went in there awhile back for the first time in a few years.I was a member when Scott owned in Farmington till a lil after when the new owners took over.
It was sad walking in there.First of all I had to ring the Buzzer so somebody could come get me cause I was not a current member.Felt like I was being Buzzed into a Prison..LOL,It was darkly Lit,Most of the Elliptical machines were in need of major repair,Nobody in the Gym it was dead,And yes the Bathroom was kinda stanky.
It did not have the Vibe that it used to have at all.

I know the owners Fired 90% of their staff to lower the Gym prices which was outrageous expensive at the time but I think its gonna hurt them to.
That being said you have 3 Gyms Anytime and Elite and former manager kennys parkland crossfit place in farmington and you have Chris McFarlands "Macs" Gym in Park Hills taking a HUGE chunk of Business.Back just a few years ago Better Bodies was pretty much the only Gym.
One of the worst decisions ever i think was former owner Scott moving to Leadington.I knew eventually a Gym or some Gyms were going to open up in Farmington and really kill that market for his business.Scott was a smart businessman and got out.Wouldn't suprise me if it was because he had known Anytime was coming to Farmington.

That being said a Business has to grow to profit and I cannot see better Bodies ever growing again with the competition out there now and their location.I would still be going there if Anytime hadn't open in Farmington.
cujo

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Oct 18, 2011
oldschool better bodies wrote:
I went in there awhile back for the first time in a few years.I was a member when Scott owned in Farmington till a lil after when the new owners took over.
It was sad walking in there.First of all I had to ring the Buzzer so somebody could come get me cause I was not a current member.Felt like I was being Buzzed into a Prison..LOL,It was darkly Lit,Most of the Elliptical machines were in need of major repair,Nobody in the Gym it was dead,And yes the Bathroom was kinda stanky.
It did not have the Vibe that it used to have at all.

I know the owners Fired 90% of their staff to lower the Gym prices which was outrageous expensive at the time but I think its gonna hurt them to.
That being said you have 3 Gyms Anytime and Elite and former manager kennys parkland crossfit place in farmington and you have Chris McFarlands "Macs" Gym in Park Hills taking a HUGE chunk of Business.Back just a few years ago Better Bodies was pretty much the only Gym.
One of the worst decisions ever i think was former owner Scott moving to Leadington.I knew eventually a Gym or some Gyms were going to open up in Farmington and really kill that market for his business.Scott was a smart businessman and got out.Wouldn't suprise me if it was because he had known Anytime was coming to Farmington.

That being said a Business has to grow to profit and I cannot see better Bodies ever growing again with the competition out there now and their location.I would still be going there if Anytime hadn't open in Farmington.
I agree. I love going to elite now. It's just Feels like home. Lol its really great. And the manager is really nice.
jrp

Park Hills, MO

#6 Oct 19, 2011
I agree with the whole business aspect. I have been a member of various gyms for over 30 years.
It is a shame that poor management has ruined the location known as Better Bodies, with the firing of staff, poor cleaning practices and a less than efficient sign in and out process, the atmosphere and character of the gym has changed dramatically for the worse.

The new owners simply do have the experience it takes to operate a successfull gym location.
They do not welcome feedback or criticism and do not view cleanliness or staff as part of the gym environment.
Jen

Park Hills, MO

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Actually... I go to better bodies. and they are pretty clean to be truthful. Also they furnish cleaning wipes to use on the equipment before and after you use it. So before you go making false statements maybe you should be able to back it up. Or maybe, if you have a membership there, you should use the cleaning wipes and you wouldnt get so dirty.
oldschool better bodies

Louisburg, MO

#8 Oct 29, 2011
"Actually... I go to better bodies. and they are pretty clean to be truthful. Also they furnish cleaning wipes to use on the equipment before and after you use it. So before you go making false statements maybe you should be able to back it up. Or maybe, if you have a membership there, you should use the cleaning wipes and you wouldnt get so dirty."

I have no alterior motive or gain by mouthing Better Bodies.Again I was a member for over 10 years untill Anytime Opened up.It was closer is the only reason I switched.
As for the Cleanliness of the Mens Bathroom it is a Gym and it does get messy but when Scott owned it and even when new Management still had the facility fully staffed it was spotless Everytime I went in there from the time it was in Farmington till the time it was in Leadington.Now I went in there 1 time since they made all the staffing changes and had that observation so it very well could've been an off day...However The Elliptical Machines ARE in major need of repair and/or even replaced.The Gym does NOT have the same Atmosphere it once had in the past that brought so many different people in.The Buzzer to get somebody to let you in even during Gym Hours is something i've never experienced at any gym in any State.It was also Dark and Dead..It just didn't have the same feel it once had and the Ellipticals were jacked...That's not a false statement...I have also heard that the owners have no clue about running a Gym.I've heard that from several people.
yep

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Nov 9, 2011
Lol.y dont u losers stop complaining like a bunch of babies.I go to better bodies and they are by far the cheapest in the whole area.if u want to spend more at the other gyms that are 1/4 the size and twice the cost ur,the idiot. Only losers would get on a website and trash a business! No motives my ass. GROW UP
jap

Jeffersonville, IN

#10 Nov 9, 2011
yep wrote:
Lol.y dont u losers stop complaining like a bunch of babies.I go to better bodies and they are by far the cheapest in the whole area.if u want to spend more at the other gyms that are 1/4 the size and twice the cost ur,the idiot. Only losers would get on a website and trash a business! No motives my ass. GROW UP
actually, i go to elite. Its not Huge but you dont need huge and i only pay 19.99 a month and pretty soon ill be paying 10 a month with my discount from work. So tell me what now? Its clean and has eqiupment and nice bathrooms. Free classes and child care at any age
yep

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Nov 9, 2011
Lol.elite is the size of my bathroom! Its full of cheap equipment and it offers hardly any classes. If ur comparing the two only a blind person would agree with u. If I wanted a tiny gym full of cheap equipment, I would turn my garage into a workout room.
yep

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Nov 9, 2011
Listen, I dont care what gym any of u guys go to.just dont lie about the one I go to. If u want to go somewhere else fine.all I know is when I go by the gym its packed with cars.the other little gyms in town arent.nuff said.
oldschool better bodies

Park Hills, MO

#13 Nov 10, 2011
"Listen, I dont care what gym any of u guys go to.just dont lie about the one I go to. If u want to go somewhere else fine.all I know is when I go by the gym its packed with cars.the other little gyms in town arent.nuff said."

The Eliptical Machines ARE in bad need of repair or replacement that's not a lie.Scott was always having to have work on them because they got so much usage..The Gym dosen't have the feel it once had either.Now I went there during the day not the evening which i do see a decent amount of Cars there.Not like what it used to be but that would be expected considering 2 Gyms opened in Farmington.

That being said I do miss some of the equipment and perks at Better Bodies and I workout at Anytime.Real Benchpress Bench,Hammer Strength Equipment,Protein Shakes cause i'm out at home.I would still be at Better Bodies if The Gym in Farmington didn't open up.It was purely a Gas standpoint and location and I do pay more at Anytime but it even out with the gas driving back and forth.I wish Better Bodies was in Farmington.

So no i'm not bashing just saying my observations and no i don't have a motive
oldschool better bodies

Park Hills, MO

#14 Nov 10, 2011
"Lol.elite is the size of my bathroom!"

You do know that Better Bodies used to be in the location of Elite right?..I haven't been in there since Elite moved in but it was almost as big as the Leadington Location.
looker

United States

#15 Nov 11, 2011
Better bodies has alot for the new prices. It might not be the same as what it was when it was the only gym in the area, but there isnt another gym that has as much as it. I have been to all of them. Just make ur own decision and dont let a few angry people make it for u. health is important wherever you go.

Farmington, MO

#16 Nov 22, 2011
You bet they are cheaper! And the gym environment and cleanliness reflects that cheapness!
Better Bodies is no longer a "Health Club", it is simply a large gym.

Once the new owners realize that a gym ownership does not compute into easy money, they will move on, and hopefully someone with REAL helath club experience and care will take it over!!
looker

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 22, 2011
member, stop acting 12.if u dont like the gym...leave.b an adult.every forum I read someone is complaining about something.im sure u know so much about business.go somewhere else and stop the bashing.childish.
potandthekettle

Park Hills, MO

#18 Nov 22, 2011
looker wrote:
every forum I read someone is complaining about something.
You do realize that you're complaining about them complaining right?

Farmington, MO

#19 Dec 4, 2011
I have worked out a various gyms or health clubs all my life and know the difference.
Better Bodies WAS a health club and is rapidly simply becoming a gym.
Difference? HEALTH.... cleanliness, atmoshpere, quality advice, assistance, supplements bar that is actually OPEN when members want it, and equipment that is kept in repair, properly cleaned and arranged. Not complaining, just dissapointed to see the only quality health club within 100 miles turn into a simple gym. Better Bodies did not need to add the Sunday to their availability to compete, they were already number 1 in the area and did not stand to lose enough members to make a difference. The new owners simply chose to run scared, making less than optimal decisions that have affected all members.

Farmington, MO

#20 Dec 4, 2011
One last comment; I do have faith that the new owners will begin turning the health club back to the great status it and the members enjoyed a year ago, and I believe that can come to light if they decide to analyze the actual times when the members visit the club. Very, very few people enjoy working out after midnight, especially on the weekends, the whole 24/7 idea is a concept that looks good on "paper", but has time and again, been proven to be a false reality.
HANG IN THERE OWNERS! Step back and take time to analyze when the gym is ACTUALLY utilized, base the wear and tear on your equipment and facility and the costs associated with those member visits after hours and you will most likely realize that 24/7 does NOT cover the costs involved.
Good Luck!
knowsall

Farmington, MO

#21 Dec 4, 2011
I wont go there simply because Travis Wakefield works there and he is a pedophile who had sex with a 5 year old girl and got away with it because of his daddy who can cover shit up. sick thing is he has a kid himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 min RNC Rightwing NUT... 96,442
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 56 min LEO 477 1,980
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 2 hr neveratfault 245
female WRX 3 hr bikestud 13
kayla Lore friend 3 hr confused 3
Stolen money 3 hr reallady!? 7
Rocking new band Home Brew!!! 18 hr Guest 7
•••
•••

Farmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••