Comments
81 - 99 of 99 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dumb

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Jan 23, 2012
 
JustTheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>God didn't make you an atheist, you chose to be an atheist because of what you believe. You can be whoever or whatever you want to be, and think whatever you want to think, and believe in what you choose to believe in. No one can MAKE you think something.
Obviously people can make you think something. Your parents did it to you. Because from when you were little until now if god was never brought up you would know nothing about it and if someone told you a man created everything you wouldn't believe it. So yea it is possible. The only reason that "story" was written is so people could be controlled. Kinda like the government does now.
dumb

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Jan 23, 2012
 
gymrat11 wrote:
Ok people it isn't complicated...the proof of God is the Bible, it is the word of god, it's historical text written by actual people, Moses spoke to God. Jesus Christ is the clearest, most specific picture of God revealing himself to us though. Why Jesus? Look throughout the major world religions and you'll find that Buddha, Muhammad, Confucius and Moses all identified themselves as teachers or prophets. None of them ever claimed to be equal to God. Surprisingly, Jesus did. That is what sets Jesus apart from all the others. He said God exists and you're looking at him. Jesus said that anyone who had seen Him had seen the Father, anyone who believed in him, believed in the Father. He did what people can't do. Jesus performed miracles. He healed people...blind, crippled, deaf, even raised a couple of people from the dead. He had power over objects...created food out of thin air, enough to feed crowds of several thousand people. He performed miracles over nature...walked on top of a lake, commanding a raging storm to stop for some friends. He said if you do not want to believe what I'm telling you, you should at least believe in me based on the miracles you're seeing.Jesus died in our place so we could be forgiven. Of all the religions known to humanity, only through Jesus will you see God reaching toward humanity, providing a way for us to have a relationship with him. "God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." He has provided sufficient proof of his existence for us to willingly respond to him
Ok the thing in question which is the bible can't be your evidence. It's a logical fallacy. Get educated and quit worshiping make believe stuff.
dumb

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Jan 23, 2012
 
gymrat11 wrote:
Ok people it isn't complicated...the proof of God is the Bible, it is the word of god, it's historical text written by actual people, Moses spoke to God. Jesus Christ is the clearest, most specific picture of God revealing himself to us though. Why Jesus? Look throughout the major world religions and you'll find that Buddha, Muhammad, Confucius and Moses all identified themselves as teachers or prophets. None of them ever claimed to be equal to God. Surprisingly, Jesus did. That is what sets Jesus apart from all the others. He said God exists and you're looking at him. Jesus said that anyone who had seen Him had seen the Father, anyone who believed in him, believed in the Father. He did what people can't do. Jesus performed miracles. He healed people...blind, crippled, deaf, even raised a couple of people from the dead. He had power over objects...created food out of thin air, enough to feed crowds of several thousand people. He performed miracles over nature...walked on top of a lake, commanding a raging storm to stop for some friends. He said if you do not want to believe what I'm telling you, you should at least believe in me based on the miracles you're seeing.Jesus died in our place so we could be forgiven. Of all the religions known to humanity, only through Jesus will you see God reaching toward humanity, providing a way for us to have a relationship with him. "God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." He has provided sufficient proof of his existence for us to willingly respond to him
And another thing I should believe in him for all of the miracles he does where was he when my father got sick with cancer and died why if he is so great why didn't a piece of prison shit get cancer and die. How is that an awesome miracle?
dumb

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Jan 23, 2012
 
local wrote:
I really think you guys need to read the bible before you can start defending your argument that there isn't a god. You can't really make an intelligent argument when you're not educated on the subject. It explains alot of things you guys bring up and answers your questions. Read the bible then you can believe what you want and actually be able to intelligently defend your beliefs.
There is no need to read it god isn't real. Christians say god speaks to me. But there are people that get put in mental hospitals for saying some one was talking to them.
phoenix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Jan 23, 2012
 
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
And another thing I should believe in him for all of the miracles he does where was he when my father got sick with cancer and died why if he is so great why didn't a piece of prison shit get cancer and die. How is that an awesome miracle?
part of me feels the same way I just lost a family member to cancer. But supposedly we r not suppose to question this. I truly believe in God and the Bible but i have a lot of unanswered questions
question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Feb 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If evolution is true, and we evolved from monkeys, why do we still have monkeys? It is my understanding that once something evolves into something else the latter is GONE! Am I wrong? I am a believer in the father the son and the holy spirit. I will not change my mind on this. Because I know in my heart it's true. I wont argue about it because it's pointless. Arguing solves nothing, in my opinion. Plant a seed, and pray for those that persecute you and let God do the rest. We all can believe what we want, it's called free will. I feel very blessed that I know the truth. Now can anyone answer my question?
I will answer

Park Hills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Feb 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes, you are wrong.
We didn't evolve from monkeys. But we are all considered to be primates though.
Gorillas, chimpanzees, humans, etc, etc, evolved from a common ancestor.

Think of the great apes(i.e. gorillas and chimpanzees), humans, monkeys(i.e. howler and spider), as cousins that share a common primate ancestor.
EOW

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Feb 4, 2012
 
I guess we will figure it out in December

“Live your life your way”

Since: Apr 12

Bismarck, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Apr 17, 2012
 
If God doesn't exist, then tell me, how are you here? What created the world? Did we just come from some big whole out in space? Oh yeah, that makes alot more sense then having a creator who actually made all these things. He did not make all of the Bad things, i.e. how people act, because we chose how we act because we have our own free will. I have felt God, not only by being baptized, but being filled with the Holy Ghost and him answering my prayers. But if you don't believe me, your invited to come to my church in Desloge, Lively Stone Tabernackle. Hey, its better than believing that you go know where, right? We all have a purpose, find out yours:)
dumb

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Apr 30, 2012
 
Jessers11 wrote:
If God doesn't exist, then tell me, how are you here? What created the world? Did we just come from some big whole out in space? Oh yeah, that makes alot more sense then having a creator who actually made all these things. He did not make all of the Bad things, i.e. how people act, because we chose how we act because we have our own free will. I have felt God, not only by being baptized, but being filled with the Holy Ghost and him answering my prayers. But if you don't believe me, your invited to come to my church in Desloge, Lively Stone Tabernackle. Hey, its better than believing that you go know where, right? We all have a purpose, find out yours:)
Read what you typed listen how dumb it sounds. A man created it everything because it make more sense than saying we were just here. Also have you ever seen a human create something out of thin air?? Yea I didn't think so. And I'm here be because of my parents. And the only reason you believe gods fiction or your parents told you to believe is because you all are afraid of the unknown it makes you feel better thinking something is there for you after you die or when someone dies young or for no reason or something bad or good happens in your life god made it happen he is so awesome. Just to let you in on what is really going on outside of your little make believe world is that all of that stuff would have happened and will happen regardless if you believe in god or not. I probably won't change your mind for you to believe stuff you can actually see in real life. But think about this you are worshiping something you can't see hear or touch. Good luck with that.

“Live your life your way”

Since: Apr 12

Bismarck, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Sep 15, 2012
 
listen to how dumb you sound. You believe in NOTHING. so how are we here? And hes of the super natural SPIRIT, as in not of this world! I have felt him through the holy spirit. I have seen him through the things he has done, and I have heard him through the wisdom through his words of the bible, and other peoples inspirational teaching. And my parents didn't necessarily teach me about God. I learned a little on my own, and from a church that I felt that was speaking the truth. My wonderful youth leader everything she knew. She was a wonderful person and now is with the Lord. But seriously, if you honestly can believe that we are here for nothing, you must be leading a pretty sad life.
god

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Sep 27, 2012
 
I do not exist.
Wow

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Sep 27, 2012
 
Gaah! The invisible man in the sky! God is a creation to keep the feeble minded in check.
god

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Sep 27, 2012
 
I do to exist. Pray to me worship me and give your cash to the people that ask for it in my name or you will burn in HELL. Muhahhahaha. Wait ignore the evil laugh. The devil made me do it.
dear god

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Sep 27, 2012
 
Almost 50% of the american population believes that the world is less than 10,000 years old.

To believe that all the scientists worldwide, got together to make up a phony story and false data, just to try to dupe the public into thinking its a little older than that (by over 4,000,000,000 years or so) is just a huge leap!

Which seams more likely?

Maybe God did create the earth as we know it, but the more likely scenario, is if there is one almighty God, he created the universe with the ability to grow into what it has over billions of years.

God may or may not exist, it's impossible to say, that's why they call it faith. But I for one don't think anyone on this planet could begin to fathom what god wants, if anything, from us as a people.

His name is used more in the accumulation of wealth, and the controlling of others, than as a force for good on this planet.

Just reading the bibles, in all their contradictions and plagiarisms of other, older religions, tells me that whether God does, or does not exist, these books were the work of men. With the sole purpose of controlling others.

Just look at the very popular King James version, written and approved by a known homosexual monarch of Britain. How does he fit into the belief that the bible is the direct will of God.
Yet it gets used as a right to be bigoted against homosexuals.

People see and read what they want to read, and nobody will ever convince me that the men who wrote the bibles ever had any direction from any God to do so.
god

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Sep 27, 2012
 
You are correct. When I made the world it was for my amusement. I am no longer amused. I have now moved on to bigger and better things. Find something else to do with your pathetic, uninteresting lives. Oh yea, quit praying to me, I don't give a shit. You are all officially on my ignore list.
Kritik

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Sep 28, 2012
 
Ya know, I love watching people beat each other up over religion. Makes me think that the Crusades must have been a real party. My statement to both the believers and the non-believers is "Prove It!". See, that's where the "faith" issue comes in. Either you have it, or you don't. You may have had it and lost it, you may not have it, and find it. Either way, arguing about it makes no sense. Who knows, maybe when we die, we'll find out the Greeks were right all along. Or maybe the Jehovah's Witnesses...
just saying

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Sep 28, 2012
 
Kritik wrote:
Ya know, I love watching people beat each other up over religion. Makes me think that the Crusades must have been a real party. My statement to both the believers and the non-believers is "Prove It!". See, that's where the "faith" issue comes in. Either you have it, or you don't. You may have had it and lost it, you may not have it, and find it. Either way, arguing about it makes no sense. Who knows, maybe when we die, we'll find out the Greeks were right all along. Or maybe the Jehovah's Witnesses...
I'm betting on the buddhists having it right.
billy bob

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Sep 28, 2012
 
Would love to have an experiment done. Create a large colony of people that does not know any thing about god and , oh wait, it's already been done. It was the America's, Australia, china, Japan, Africa, and many other places. So your telling me that all these people had to go to hell for almost 2000 years before missionary's brought gods word to them. Why wouldn't god, who is so all powerful and caring, have sent each of these cultures a Jesus when he sent the Hebrews one. He didn't like them as much, saw them as beasts maybe. Of course when Christians discovered these heathens, they systematically started killing them off until they were forced to believe or die. The ones they couldn't destroy because the populations was just to large, they had to ignore. All the Christian holidays are based off and on(or around ) pages holidays. Coincidence, I doubt it. It's call assimilation. Had to let the people still have holidays, didn't have to kill everyone that way if you can make some concessions. Christianity is the largest racist group in the world. If you don't believe as the do, you are judged by them first, then their god later. So much fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Farmington Discussions

Search the Farmington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NRA Banquet 2 hr Friends of NRA 1
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Commander Bunny 95,599
local wh*r3s 3 hr mee too 9
tonya moore 11 hr haha 1
Fat Farmington females Sat The Spelling Otter 13
new in town need to make friends Sat A Tree 14
Black Cop In Farmington Is He ? Sat slipknot 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Farmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Farmington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Farmington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••