Michigan lawmaker pushing to prohibit release of 911 tapes

There are 1 comment on the Detroit Free Press story from Apr 24, 2013, titled Michigan lawmaker pushing to prohibit release of 911 tapes. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

In the wake of the beating deaths of a Farmington Hills family last year, a state lawmaker is trying to limit the release of 911 recordings requested under the Michigan Freedom of Information Act.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Apr 24, 2013
Heise touts himself as a big 1st amendment rights person and turns around and sponsors this bill to keep 911 calls secret. Yes, some of these calls will be graphic. We already see enough on TV. We don't need a new low to abridge our rights.

Heise is becoming the new McCotter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) May 17 kay jay 166
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) May 16 WATCHING LIVONIA 13
News Why Some Detroit Residents Claim To Live Somepl... May 16 reality is a crutch 3
Redford should I move there? (Sep '13) May 13 WATCHING LIVONIA 18
chris martin points out livonias non working s... May 13 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Suspect nabbed in home break-ins in Livonia, No... May 12 Angela 3
News Large awning collapses at Livonia strip mall May 11 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]