Livonia plays host to county's budget deliberations

There are 3 comments on the Westland Observer story from Aug 22, 2013, titled Livonia plays host to county's budget deliberations. In it, Westland Observer reports that:

The Wayne County Commission's Committee on Ways and Means, chaired by Laura Cox , held a public hearing Tuesday to open budget deliberations in regards to the 2013-14 and 2014-15 budget presentation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Westland Observer.

kev

Toledo, OH

#1 Aug 22, 2013
It seems a bit late to try to deliberate past budget blunders. Why does it take major financial meltdown of county funds to get to this? Is there ever a true thought process on how tax money should be spent before investigations have begun.?There was little if any checks and balances ever instilled. Wasn't failed pinnacle racetrack enough to get thought process going in lack of expertise of how a few people wasted millions of dollars in a venture that was doomed before it was conceived? I'm sure there r people with better credentials who could fill these publicly funded positions that could have done a far greater job than what has transpired in wayne county michigan.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Aug 22, 2013
kev wrote:
It seems a bit late to try to deliberate past budget blunders. Why does it take major financial meltdown of county funds to get to this? Is there ever a true thought process on how tax money should be spent before investigations have begun.?There was little if any checks and balances ever instilled. Wasn't failed pinnacle racetrack enough to get thought process going in lack of expertise of how a few people wasted millions of dollars in a venture that was doomed before it was conceived? I'm sure there r people with better credentials who could fill these publicly funded positions that could have done a far greater job than what has transpired in wayne county michigan.
Not true. This is a required meeting to deliberate on FUTURE budget blunders.
kev

Toledo, OH

#3 Aug 22, 2013
It wouldn't surprise me. They spend our tax dollars like warshington d.c.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) 5 hr Free Lady 161
News One Dead In Drive-By Shooting On Detroit's West... Sat Iceman 2
News Large awning collapses at Livonia strip mall May 1 Steve 1
News It's official: Primary in Livonia city election... May 1 watching livonia 7
tom berry for livonia city council May 1 watching livonia 1
News Public Meeting Apr 30 BIG DADDY 1
News Livonia treasurer Dennis Wright files to run fo... Apr 27 watching livonia 11
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]