Black History Month, White History Mo...

Black History Month, White History Month, Asian History Month, ect...

Posted in the Farmington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Steve

Dearborn, MI

#1 Jan 23, 2009
Since black people have their history month. Why not have the White, Asian, Hispanic, Europeans History month as well.

Let's not discriminate any race. Let's be fair to every human being.

We will start having the White Reunion Day, Asian Reunion Day, Hispanic Reunion Day, and Europeans Reunion Day too.
VOTED FOR MCCAIN

United States

#2 Jan 23, 2009
I totally agree with you on that one, we are not being racist right, just want to be fair to everyone.
Obama man

Clarksville, MD

#3 Feb 9, 2009
That is stupid every month is white history month
wally

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2009
give me the how to's on how every month is white history month?
YoungandTalented

Mount Pleasant, MI

#6 Feb 26, 2009
There is actually a hispanic heritage month in October, a Native American heritage month in November and an Asian heritage month in May. Check your facts before you open your mouth. Clearly you don't learn anything in school.
Tomisha

Saint Clairsville, OH

#7 Mar 4, 2009
Honestly...there is a Hispanic, Asian, Black, White, and Women's History Month. I hate when white Americans (even though i'm part white) say that no one gets the attention in history but blacks. I'm sorry but I am black and we still do not get enough credit and people do not know how much we have contributed to this nation. We made the traffic light, the washer, the dryer, the filament for the light (not Thomas Jefferson but rather his slave, who he took all the credit for). The University of Virgina, which Thomas Jefferson built has not even said thank you to the many slaves that he forced working to build that university. So please do not give me that shit. We deserve more credit than what we are given. The only people that get credit in the school system are Harriet Tubman, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. What about Jesse Jackson? What about Madame C.J. Walker? What about Thurgood Marshall? What about Barack Obama? What about Emmitt Till? What about the surgeon that did the first open heart surgery (I can't think of his name right now)? What about so many people that have been ignored in the history books. Now tell me about that. It is just like white people to give us the shortest damn month out of the whole year. We need to learn more about black people doing things because black kids don't know anything about their culture because we were slaves. I have to pro-black parents (even tho one is half-white) but they always told me to be proud of my black side. They taught me all the things that I'm telling you about. So steve you can shove it!
Steve wrote:
Since black people have their history month. Why not have the White, Asian, Hispanic, Europeans History month as well.
Let's not discriminate any race. Let's be fair to every human being.
We will start having the White Reunion Day, Asian Reunion Day, Hispanic Reunion Day, and Europeans Reunion Day too.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Tomisha wrote:
Honestly...there is a Hispanic, Asian, Black, White, and Women's History Month. I hate when white Americans (even though i'm part white) say that no one gets the attention in history but blacks. I'm sorry but I am black and we still do not get enough credit and people do not know how much we have contributed to this nation.
The real problem is your inferior need to obtain credit as if it will establish a place in society. There are many other races as well as women who invented items and you don't see them ranting about deserving credit. The black community wants retribution for the slavery of their ancestors and now you want to extend that to announce credit for inventions? Here's the deal, black history month will not increase the awareness of credit. When people cram information towards unwanted directions, the victims of that unwanted info simply refute ten times more.

You want to be proud of your race, that's fine, but it's the same as a new religion. Born again Christians, as other denominations, feel the need to tell you about their new found enlightenment and people don't want to hear, read or see it. Do you enjoy Jehovah Witness knocking at your door to tell you about their denomination? If people want to learn about the history of any origin, group, race, religion, etc., unknowing to them, they will make the effort on their own terms. If you want to know who invented silly putty, look it up. But don't force others to read or listen to someone who feels the need to inform them of who invented it because of it being a black, white, asian, russian, german, etc., inventor. If black kids are not learning about their own culture, place blame on themselves and/or parents. They have the ability to obtain information the same as anyone else.

Bottom line, I don't think we need ANY history months for ANY races. This simply infuriates other people thus increasing their hatred towards that group and increasing racism and/or segregation. In a time when this country and this world need to reach unity and peace, forcing their hand into segregation with these trivial history months, racial labeling, special group, religious or racial needs and so on, defeats that intent. When I feel the desire to learn about my heritage, I will take it upon myself to learn about it. But I will not enforce or backup the idea to make it a special month, week or even a day for others to require the need to learn it as well.

Simply put, I am an American. Not an African American, Asian American, Mexican American, Irish American, etc, but an AMERICAN with African Decent, Asian Decent, Mexican Decent, Irish Decent and so on.

BTW, Rosa Parks was not the first to refuse to move on the bus. Irene Morgan did so in 1946 and Sarah Keys did so several months before Rosa Parks in 1955. Park's action sparked the "Montgomery Bus Boycott" which thus, publicized Park's action and increased her fame.
Day of Reckoning

United States

#9 Mar 6, 2009
Victims, Victims, Victims. I am new to the area. Just look at Detroit. Its just like a third world country. Everyone is on SSI and proud of it. Its the most pathetic place I have ever seen. I think everyone likes it that way too. Look at the post above where the victim offers to burn more places down and even kill people. Move somewhere. Get some education. Get a job. Live and let live. Forget about history. This kind of mind set causes the problems of Detroit. It is not normal in any place I have ever lived in America. Think about it for while and you will know I am right.
Duh

Canton, MI

#10 Apr 25, 2009
Day of Reckoning wrote:
Victims, Victims, Victims. I am new to the area. Just look at Detroit. Its just like a third world country. Everyone is on SSI and proud of it. Its the most pathetic place I have ever seen. I think everyone likes it that way too. Look at the post above where the victim offers to burn more places down and even kill people. Move somewhere. Get some education. Get a job. Live and let live. Forget about history. This kind of mind set causes the problems of Detroit. It is not normal in any place I have ever lived in America. Think about it for while and you will know I am right.
If things around here are sooo bad. Why did you move here? Oh I know, the great job market.
Duh

Canton, MI

#11 Apr 25, 2009
I noticed, no one on this subject is from DEEEETROIT. Why is that? I wonder?
Loving Livonia

Lima, OH

#12 Apr 25, 2009
f-cklivonia wrote:
"White history month"? Hey dumb-ss, every textbook to date that only tells your story is a tribute to months of "white" history. Your history is the fact that you creatures are the lords of all vice. How about we burn your racist city to the goddamned ground with you bastards in it?! To hell with Livonia and your continued b-llsh-t. It bleeds from the internet as well as the activities and overt opinions of that sinkhole. We need a few more of you to die, can you handle that?
How are we a racist city? if we are so goddamn racist, why are people of detroit and surrounding cities moving here. Just because we've maintained to have a nice city throughout these years does not mean we are racist, just means we know how to make a city work and have it stay safe. So TO HELL WITH ALL YOU HATERS, SUCK ON MY F*CKING D*CK AND HAVE A NICE NIGHT :)
Nameless

Bridgeton, NJ

#13 Jun 4, 2009
Tomisha wrote:
Honestly...there is a Hispanic, Asian, Black, White, and Women's History Month. I hate when white Americans (even though i'm part white) say that no one gets the attention in history but blacks. I'm sorry but I am black and we still do not get enough credit and people do not know how much we have contributed to this nation. We made the traffic light, the washer, the dryer, the filament for the light (not Thomas Jefferson but rather his slave, who he took all the credit for). The University of Virgina, which Thomas Jefferson built has not even said thank you to the many slaves that he forced working to build that university. So please do not give me that shit. We deserve more credit than what we are given. The only people that get credit in the school system are Harriet Tubman, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. What about Jesse Jackson? What about Madame C.J. Walker? What about Thurgood Marshall? What about Barack Obama? What about Emmitt Till? What about the surgeon that did the first open heart surgery (I can't think of his name right now)? What about so many people that have been ignored in the history books. Now tell me about that. It is just like white people to give us the shortest damn month out of the whole year. We need to learn more about black people doing things because black kids don't know anything about their culture because we were slaves. I have to pro-black parents (even tho one is half-white) but they always told me to be proud of my black side. They taught me all the things that I'm telling you about. So steve you can shove it!<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight.

Did Lewis Latimer(a black man) invent the carbon filament in 1881 or 1882? No!

English chemist/physicist Joseph Swan experimented with a carbon-filament incandescent light all the way back in 1860, and by 1878 had developed a better design which he patented in Britain. On the other side of the Atlantic, Thomas Edison developed a successful carbon-filament bulb, receiving a patent for it (#223898) in January 1880, before Lewis Latimer did any work in electric lighting. From 1880 onward, countless patents were issued for innovations in filament design and manufacture (Edison had over 50 of them). Neither of Latimer's two filament-related patents in 1881 and 1882 were among the most important innovations, nor did they make the light bulb last longer, nor is there reason to believe they were adopted outside Hiram Maxim's company where Latimer worked at the time.(He was not hired by Edison's company until 1884, primarily as a draftsman and an expert witness in patent litigations).

Latimer also did not come up with the first screw socket for the light bulb or the first book on electric lighting.
----------

Read up on some more of the Black Invention Myths.

http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/#...
Luke

Danville, NH

#14 Feb 17, 2010
YoungandTalented wrote:
There is actually a hispanic heritage month in October, a Native American heritage month in November and an Asian heritage month in May. Check your facts before you open your mouth. Clearly you don't learn anything in school.
So why every time I turn on the news or the media all we hear about is Black History Month? No one cares. Go to any other country and they don't have this garbage. In America everyone feels they're owed something. Give me a break.
laustcawz

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Feb 26, 2010
f-cklivonia wrote:
"White history month"? Hey dumb-ss, every textbook to date that only tells your story is a tribute to months of "white" history. Your history is the fact that you creatures are the lords of all vice. How about we burn your racist city to the goddamned ground with you bastards in it?! To hell with Livonia and your continued b-llsh-t. It bleeds from the internet as well as the activities and overt opinions of that sinkhole. We need a few more of you to die, can you handle that?
Hey, if you hate white people so much, why don't you give away
or throw away all your mechanical & electronic devices (which
were all invented by white guys) & go live somewhere in a desert where there aren't any white people around?
laustcawz

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Feb 26, 2010
Tomisha wrote:
Honestly...there is a Hispanic, Asian, Black, White, and Women's History Month. I hate when white Americans (even though i'm part white) say that no one gets the attention in history but blacks. I'm sorry but I am black and we still do not get enough credit and people do not know how much we have contributed to this nation. We made the traffic light, the washer, the dryer, the filament for the light (not Thomas Jefferson but rather his slave, who he took all the credit for). The University of Virgina, which Thomas Jefferson built has not even said thank you to the many slaves that he forced working to build that university. So please do not give me that shit. We deserve more credit than what we are given. The only people that get credit in the school system are Harriet Tubman, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. What about Jesse Jackson? What about Madame C.J. Walker? What about Thurgood Marshall? What about Barack Obama? What about Emmitt Till? What about the surgeon that did the first open heart surgery (I can't think of his name right now)? What about so many people that have been ignored in the history books. Now tell me about that. It is just like white people to give us the shortest damn month out of the whole year. We need to learn more about black people doing things because black kids don't know anything about their culture because we were slaves. I have to pro-black parents (even tho one is half-white) but they always told me to be proud of my black side. They taught me all the things that I'm telling you about. So steve you can shove it!<quoted text>


Tomisha--

The only definite information I was able to find about the contributions of black people you mentioned was Garrett Augustus Morgan's modern traffic light. The other info. seems dubious,
though it may just be obscure or miscredited. I'm very concerned,
however, that many black people (or African-Americans or however you want to say it) don't seem to want to end racism, but want to perpetuate it or take revenge against any whites available. Also,
it may surprise you that some black people were slave owners as well (do a search for "Colored Freemen As Slave Owners"). There
are also black people with racist agendas, such as the "Melanin Theorists". Also, not all white people (including those who've
made some monumental contributions) are regularly acknowledged.
For example, do a search for Jack Kilby
(inventor of the computer chip). You might also look
for an old movie, 1995's "White Man's Burden" & ask yourself
how close it is to our current reality; & find out about
"Guilty Of Being White", an early '80s song by
punk rock group Minor Threat.
I might also mention that just as there is now a lot of black racism, there's also a lot of women sexists. Do a search for Warren Farrell &/or The National Organization Of Men.
Also, note that both "Mr. Big Stuff" by Jean Knight
& "Material Girl" by Madonna are enduringly loved
& celebrated feminist anthems, even though they blatantly contradict each other.
Acem

United States

#17 Feb 28, 2010
I notice the OP hasn't been back to this thread since. Looks like he did a good job instigating conflict.
Creativity Church

Port Huron, MI

#18 Mar 1, 2010
f-cklivonia wrote:
"White history month"? Hey dumb-ss, every textbook to date that only tells your story is a tribute to months of "white" history. Your history is the fact that you creatures are the lords of all vice. How about we burn your racist city to the goddamned ground with you bastards in it?! To hell with Livonia and your continued b-llsh-t. It bleeds from the internet as well as the activities and overt opinions of that sinkhole. We need a few more of you to die, can you handle that?
I have to disagree. For instance, there is a whole set of so-called black inventions that were not invented* by blacks..

White children in the schools are taught nothing of actual importance pertaining to their history, and half of all what they are taught is mostly distorted. For instance, most White people dont know that Abraham Lincoln was a White racist who stood against slavery because he knew that if the negroes were allowed to remain in America, that mixing was sure to happen,..

Of course, the non-White races should bow down and thank the White man for all that the White man has done for them,.. The White People* actually.

For instance, when the White People encountered the black peoples of Africa, they encountered a people still living at a sone-age level; a people who had no written language, a people that had not-as-much as had invented a wheel. The blacks of Africa had not domesticated a animal, nor had any civilization, and lived essentially in the mud with huts made of dung.

White people dont owe the negroes anything. It is they who owe us. We brought them learning, medicine, civilization, etc.. We clothed them and brought them up from the mud essentially...

And a bad thing about it is, is that they still engage in cannicalism from the stone age. And the worse part about it is that they dont cook the meat,..LOL

The White Race has accomplished far more than ALL of the races, PUT TOGETHER. And simply put, the White Race is far superior genetically and anatomically to the other races.

I am proud to be a White Racial Loyalist.
www.creativityalliance.com
www.rahowadirectory.com

RaHoWa!
Trent

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2010
Creativity Church, you are a buffoon. A real mental midget. An embarrassment. Were you born stupid, or is it just in the air at your house? Your existence is a very compelling argument for why abortion should remain legal, and why immediate family members shouldn't mate. Seriously, how does it feel to know that your father and mother are also your grandfather and sister? I'd be willing to bet that your racist idiot-speak here is largely motivated by the comfort/protection of having anonymity over the internet, and that you wouldn't have the nerve to spout all that bull to the face of anyone who happened to not be white. You're like a 3-legged jackass...someone ought to put you out of your misery. What a clown. Shut up.

BTW, I agree with the person you did a poor job refuting. The history, heritage, accomplishments, etc., etc. of Caucasian people are so regularly ingrained into the American psyche on such a daily basis that there is no need for a White History month to remind folks of these factoids. Quite frankly, a white guy complaining about racial/ethnic/gender/cultural minorities getting (limited) set aside airtime to remind society of the accomplishments of people who generally look like them is akin to a fat guy at a buffet who doesn't want to share the food with the other patrons. And I say this as someone who IS White.
Corey

Harrisburg, OH

#20 Mar 2, 2010
Trent wrote:
BTW, I agree with the person you did a poor job refuting. The history, heritage, accomplishments, etc., etc. of Caucasian people are so regularly ingrained into the American psyche on such a daily basis that there is no need for a White History month to remind folks of these factoids. Quite frankly, a white guy complaining about racial/ethnic/gender/cultural minorities getting (limited) set aside airtime to remind society of the accomplishments of people who generally look like them is akin to a fat guy at a buffet who doesn't want to share the food with the other patrons. And I say this as someone who IS White.
What a crock. While I disagree with you completely, I don't feel the need to call you names.
We need a black history month like we need a hole in our heads.
What's next, a yellow history month, a red history month, or a brown history month. I would personally vote for a Welsh-American history month or maybe a French-Rhodesian-American history month.
We keep becoming more divisive with every turn. Let's make sure that we seperate each and everyone. What we need is 12 American History Months.
We are all Americans and America used to be known as a melting pot. Now we are so politically correct that we must put everyones culture before our own. The more we seperate the weaker we will become.
Lori

Katy, TX

#21 Mar 5, 2010
Why is there a black history month, you ask? Well, I suspect it's because white history is taught during the rest of the school year. When I was going to school in the 90s, we had to take American history and world history classes. In American history, most of the people that we learned about were whites. The contributions of Native Americans, blacks, and other ethnicities were largely ignored. In “world” history class, we learned about European history only. We studied about England, France, Spain, Germany and Russia. That was it. The history of rest of the world was completely ignored. Not exactly “world” history. I’ve talked to several of my friends about this and many of them have told me that it was the same in their schools, too.
Personally, I don’t think that blacks or any other group should need to have their own month. Black history (as well as the history of other ethnic groups) should be taught throughout the school year. The more we know about each other's histories, the better off we'll be as a society. If it does nothing else, it would at least make people less ignorant. There would probably be fewer people like Creativity Church. I am amazed at how many people think that blacks have not made any significant contributions to American history and that only whites have accomplished great things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) 13 hr Someone else 195
gay girl named MP Tue cloudz 1
News PR Consultant Gives Snyder A 'D' For Flint Wate... Apr 23 Flint 1
Did Leroy Delisle Lose PTI Satellite Paint (Apr '10) Apr 15 ITguy 72
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) Apr 14 2224folly 43
Redford Police (Jan '08) Apr 12 Larry 212
livonias abusive ordinance officer steve banko (Dec '13) Apr 12 TOMMY BOK 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages