Firefighters at the Electric Stick and Marvaso's Italian Grille, destroyed by fire Wednesday.

There are 8 comments on the May 8, 2013, Livonia Observer story titled Firefighters at the Electric Stick and Marvaso's Italian Grille, destroyed by fire Wednesday.. In it, Livonia Observer reports that:

A Wayne-Westland firefighter is reported missing during efforts to battle a fire that destroyed Marvaso's Italian Grille and the adjoining Electric Stick this morning .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Livonia Observer.

Xin

Beijing, China

#1 May 8, 2013
Steel beams melting? Did they use too much gas to do the fire insurance job on that dilapidated mini mall?
Guai

Nanchang, China

#2 May 8, 2013
Xin wrote:
Steel beams melting? Did they use too much gas to do the fire insurance job on that dilapidated mini mall?
Gas melting steel beams? They used thermite to do that fire insurance job. More commonly referred to as 'lightning' when the greedy shady business owners are losing cash.

They must have been really desperate to sell that runned-down lot, to use that much thermite for an insurance job.
Frank

Chicago, IL

#3 May 8, 2013
One of the head honchos made a press release that the youngest cadet died but the 4 verteran firefighters with him made it out of the melted steel beams.

He insinuated murder charges in his press release.
Tika

United States

#4 May 24, 2013
Yeah , I kinda knew something was up when they started offering cheap fillet minon on Wednesdays . They were very slow this explains why..
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 May 24, 2013
Tika wrote:
Yeah , I kinda knew something was up when they started offering cheap fillet minon on Wednesdays . They were very slow this explains why..
Did you notice anything fishy about the menu.
heather

Westland, MI

#6 Nov 27, 2013
CLEARLY, you all are uneducated people on this topic. no one was inside of the building, they did not need to send anybody inside. secondly, insurance job??????? A month before the fire they put 20k into remodeling. why would they ever spent that kind of money to just have it all gone a month later. Third, fire fighters are suppose to have a buddy system. five guys were sent in, one didn't have a buddy and one didn't make it out. fourth, they didn't put water onto the fire for an hour! don't point fingers.
Badbob

Dearborn Heights, MI

#7 Nov 30, 2013
Tika wrote:
They stopped service Steer filet mignon,which is a choice cut and went to a cow filet, which is much less expensive. I predicted this would happen 6 months ago. It is to bad a firefighter had to be the victim of an insurance scam or at least a arson fire.
Rob

United States

#8 Apr 19, 2014
heather wrote:
CLEARLY, you all are uneducated people on this topic. no one was inside of the building, they did not need to send anybody inside. secondly, insurance job??????? A month before the fire they put 20k into remodeling. why would they ever spent that kind of money to just have it all gone a month later. Third, fire fighters are suppose to have a buddy system. five guys were sent in, one didn't have a buddy and one didn't make it out. fourth, they didn't put water onto the fire for an hour! don't point fingers.
My wife and I were at Marvasos a week before it burned. There definitely was no noticeable remodeling money put into that restaurant, so we have no idea what your talking about. Also to speak of a fallen firefighter like that is unacceptable. So all the firefighters that die, is based on their inability to grasp the buddy system?? That man had a wife and a young child and the melted steel beams give it all away, nice job shilling though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's official: Primary in Livonia city election... 3 hr watching livonia 2
News Livonia treasurer Dennis Wright files to run fo... 4 hr watching livonia 11
News Pastor files minutes before deadline to run for... 17 hr BIG DADDY 1
News Business owner defends hanging nooses, Confeder... Sat watching livonia 4
News 'Obama Phone' store opens in Livonia (Apr '13) Apr 24 Ericka Braxton 3
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) Apr 24 curious1960 24
15 candidates running for livonia city counc... Apr 24 watching livonia 2
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]