Volunteers learn to listen for and count amphibians in the Rouge River watershed

There are 1 comment on the Detroit Free Press story from Mar 10, 2013, titled Volunteers learn to listen for and count amphibians in the Rouge River watershed. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Volunteers train for frog and toad survey: The Friends of the Rouge held one of its four training sessions Saturday at Farmington Hills City Hall for its annual frog and toad survey of the Rouge River watershed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Mar 10, 2013
The Rouge is in as bad a shape as it has been in a long time. Remediation efforts have been slim recently due to the economy. Volunteer efforts have not been enough. In the past, volunteers would cover the length of the river and remove much garbage and clear debris. People throw old tires and just about everything there. A large TV and remote was sitting next to the river last week. It may be in the river now. The county used to come along and remove the big trees that have fallen across. Now they just let nature take its course. When a tree falls across a path or the roadway, they merely cut the tree at the edge and leave the pieces nearby. There would be m ore funds available if Ficano and others had not squandered them on pensions, payroll and property givaways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redford should I move there? (Sep '13) Mon WATCHING LIVONIA 20
steve king plays both sides of the fence Mon WATCHING LIVONIA 1
livonia councilman brandon kritzman protecting... Mon WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Fuel Spills Into Sewers During Tanker Explosion... May 24 kev 1
News Man Shot While Mowing Lawn In Detroit May 23 reality is a crutch 2
Any1 hate working @ Meijer? (Feb '11) May 17 kay jay 166
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) May 16 WATCHING LIVONIA 13
More from around the web

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]