Glendale Church of Christ

Posted in the Farmington Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Withheld for Now

Murray, KY

#1 Jun 29, 2012
Just went by my church and was blown away from all the Vote Dry signs. I feel it in poor taste to put so many signs up. They cover the property line along 641 and all the way down Glendale. I don't believe it's in our churches best interest.

If you want the government to stay out of our business then we should stay out of theirs. It's only fair.

Take the signs down and I will not release the names of "our" drinkers. There are 15 names I will release including mine if you don't take the signs down.
Answer you did not want

East Berlin, CT

#2 Jun 29, 2012
Withheld for Now wrote:
Just went by my church and was blown away from all the Vote Dry signs. I feel it in poor taste to put so many signs up. They cover the property line along 641 and all the way down Glendale. I don't believe it's in our churches best interest.
If you want the government to stay out of our business then we should stay out of theirs. It's only fair.
Take the signs down and I will not release the names of "our" drinkers. There are 15 names I will release including mine if you don't take the signs down.
These people will die before they take their signs down. If I were you and it's public information I would release those 15 names.

The Church of Christ doesn't care what you think. If they could they would put up 10,000 signs. But, I don't think it will matter, because the package store vote will pass... it's just time.
wet vote

Murray, KY

#4 Jun 29, 2012
Please don't post any names. There are plenty of people all over the City that drink and plenty go to various churches. It's just gonna make innocent people mad. It's no surprise that some Churches will take a very vocal stance and some will stay silent. There is nothing to be gained by posting names of people that have nothing to do with the decision to put a bunch of signs up. The vote will pass much like last time, and the majority of the community will decide it and not a hand full of well intentioned (but out of touch with reality) prohibitionist.
paul

Madisonville, KY

#5 Jun 29, 2012
Come on post 'em! Church of Christ are some of the biggest hypocrites around PERIOD.
Former member

Somerset, KY

#6 Jun 29, 2012
Anything that causes unrest with that Church would make me happy. I was raised in it and it took years to get over the brainwashing I was subjected to. Nothing is worse than being a child in a constant state of panic because I was told I would go to hell for every single natural urge every human has.

Since: May 12

Murray, KY

#7 Jun 29, 2012
Former member wrote:
Anything that causes unrest with that Church would make me happy. I was raised in it and it took years to get over the brainwashing I was subjected to. Nothing is worse than being a child in a constant state of panic because I was told I would go to hell for every single natural urge every human has.
That's hilarious. Pretty sure Christ taught that we could all be saved by grace through faith in him. No exceptions. So much for a Church of 'Christ' if that's the case.
Former member

Somerset, KY

#8 Jun 29, 2012
_Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hilarious. Pretty sure Christ taught that we could all be saved by grace through faith in him. No exceptions. So much for a Church of 'Christ' if that's the case.
There was baptism and then you had to repent. I was basically praying for forgiveness a dozen times a day. It was compulsive.
I Give Up

Murray, KY

#9 Jun 29, 2012
gib wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fucktard!
Way to take the high ground and not threaten to get your point across. Maybe you should set yourself on fire in the church. Might make your point more.
This from someone who has (according to YOUR POSTS) admitted being a thief then threatening to shoot someone if they came after you. Also, said you worked at the H.D. and released confidential medical info about someone. You have no right criticizing anyone for what they threaten!! You are a terrible person if what you say is true and if it's not, you are a big liar!!
What is going on

East Berlin, CT

#10 Jun 29, 2012
Former member wrote:
From what I have heard brainwashing is just one thing they do... when you see a list of cult churches... they are on the top!!!

Glad I don't get caught up in all this religious BS... just another reason to be an atheist.
paul

Madisonville, KY

#11 Jun 29, 2012
What is going on wrote:
<quoted text>From what I have heard brainwashing is just one thing they do... when you see a list of cult churches... they are on the top!!!

Glad I don't get caught up in all this religious BS... just another reason to be an atheist.
or agnostic-at least have a brain and question things-don't just believe it cause your mom and dad did-think for yourself!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 29, 2012
Withheld for Now wrote:
I agree with you that there are way too many signs. Too many to the tune of tacky. I think one at each entrance would have been enough. It would have gotten their point across with out being overbearing. Makes me wish the battery place across the street would pepper their side with vote yes signs just to cause them to freak out.
sally

Somerset, KY

#13 Jun 29, 2012
I haven't seen a single vote yes sign yet.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#14 Jun 29, 2012
Telling people how to vote huh. Good way for the church to lose their tax-exempt status.
happy

Newburgh, IN

#15 Jun 29, 2012
What is going on wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have heard brainwashing is just one thing they do... when you see a list of cult churches... they are on the top!!!
You are in trouble for denying God..Not now but you will be when he comes back.
Saint Billy Bob

Murray, KY

#16 Jun 29, 2012
Perhaps the signs may be excessive but I don't appreciate any comments about religion on this post. You don't see me bashing your religion. Keep the church out of this. This is man's decision to drink.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#17 Jun 29, 2012
Saint Billy Bob wrote:
Perhaps the signs may be excessive but I don't appreciate any comments about religion on this post. You don't see me bashing your religion. Keep the church out of this. This is man's decision to drink.
Exactly! Churches have ZERO business telling their opinion on ANYTHING political. Read:

"Churches differ on opinions about whether they should be politically involved. The IRS, on the other hand, is clear on its stance: churches need to stay out of the political ring or risk losing their tax-exempt status. This download provides the tax and legal guidelines faith-based organizations need to know before jumping into the political fray. You may be called as a faith community to fight against a specific issue. There's no law against this. But use caution that your efforts don’t cross the line into lobbying for specific litigation or intervening on behalf of a particular candidate's campaign. Doing so could jeopardize the 501(c)(3) status of your church."
Walter

United States

#18 Jun 30, 2012
Saint Billy Bob wrote:
We didn't bring into this. They did.
paul

Madisonville, KY

#19 Jun 30, 2012
Saint Billy Bob wrote:
EXACTLY Einstien! So the "church" needs to take down signs-they asked for this!
leza

Madisonville, KY

#20 Jun 30, 2012
Remember this is also a church that doesn't allowed music or dancing. But those same 15 people that are on your "drinking list" are on this list. Truth be told most people from this church don't practice what their church preaches. I know about 20 people from there and they ALL listen to music and dance! I guess they pick and choose which part of the rules to follow as it suits their lifestyle.
bart

Albany, GA

#21 Jun 30, 2012
leza wrote:
Remember this is also a church that doesn't allowed music or dancing. But those same 15 people that are on your "drinking list" are on this list. Truth be told most people from this church don't practice what their church preaches. I know about 20 people from there and they ALL listen to music and dance! I guess they pick and choose which part of the rules to follow as it suits their lifestyle.
Lol they don't have instrument based music in their services. They still sing during services and such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calvinism 2 min Christian 4
What are they building in front of Lowes? 17 min kim 1
Girls soccer coaches 24 min Ungrateful 3
School supply assisrance 35 min Sick of your high... 14
Former Toms Pizza 57 min JW 1
Jeff schroeder 1 hr Lee 7
Jason black heather adams 1 hr people suck 2

Farmington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance