Family Buggy's last day, closes only remaining restaurant

Jan 8, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com

The Family Buggy, which has already closed restaurants in Detroit, Rochester Hills, and Livonia, announced Saturday it is closing its final location today.

Read more
Tony

Livonia, MI

#1 Jan 8, 2012
Sad commentary on the Warren Pierce show this AM on 760. The owner said the traffic is just down too far to remain viable. Like Yogi said, "da place is so busy nobody goes there any more." That's free enterprise.

PS. What I have observed of successful restaurants over the years is that they have to change continually or they lose support. They need to remodel, move things around, get new carpeting, paint it differently. All this creates an image of newness that attracts repeat business. I never went to Family Buggy. I'm only guessing that they may have tried to keep everything the same and preserve the theme. If so, they shot too low. After all, people gotta eat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) 6 hr Brad Westervelt 18
News Supporters Pay Respects For Two Detroit Childre... 7 hr reality is a crutch 1
Review: Progate Services Fri Fast Eddie 2
News Southfield woman among 11 metro Detroit residen... Fri Poo-Bear 5
JAMS Sucks!!!! (Aug '08) Fri johnny 429
News Livonia treasurer Dennis Wright files to run fo... Mar 25 watching livonia 3
News Detroit Firefighters Save Dog From House Fire W... Mar 21 Drip_Dry_ 1
More from around the web

Farmington Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]