Vigil for Escalon man

Vigil for Escalon man

There are 3 comments on the Modesto Bee story from Sep 17, 2008, titled Vigil for Escalon man. In it, Modesto Bee reports that:

Family and friends have scheduled a candlelight vigil tonight in Escalon for 21-year-old Joseph Anthony Pinasco, who authorities say was shot and killed by two California Highway Patrol officers when he ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Modesto Bee.

no name

AOL

#1 Nov 4, 2008
He was a good kid. This is all about cops useing way TOO MUCH FORCE. He was a human not and wild animal. Remember you don't need to empty to guns to kill. the CHP SHOULD HAVE TO HAND THEIR BADGES IN FOR THE POOR JOB THEY DID AND LOSE ALL BENEFITS. WHAT IDIOT TRAINED TO PROTECT WOULD GET OUT OF A CAR WHEN DANGER IS NEAR. OH THATS RIGHT THE 2 CHP OFFICERS. AGAIN LET ME SAY WE DON'T NEED OFFICERS LIKE THAT. IT WAS PLAIN AND SIMPLE MURDER!!!!!!!!!
friend

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 13, 2010
he was a good friend and never meant any harm the cops just felt like shooting at someone and never thought of the feedback they would get i hope those cops rot in helllllll i am a soldier and i wanted to go to the chp but if there training people like that maybe i am better off being a local cop

Since: Jul 09

San Francisco, CA

#3 Feb 13, 2010
If you get pulled over by ANY cop your life is hanging on a few things.

First off, make sure the cop sees everyone's hands. I put my hands on the dashboard so they can see them walking up to the car.

Never, never, never get out of the car, unless asked to do so.

If asked to show your driver's license, do it in a slow deliberate style that does not make the cop nervous. He may have alredy had a bad night/day and is waiting for somebody to trip the trigger, so to speak.

Do not be that person who mouths off and calls the officer every name in the book. They do NOT have to take verbal abuse and can infact charge you with a crime for doing that.

If you get arrested and put into a police curiser, keep your mouth SHUT!!!! They have tape recorders recording every word said in these police units. They really love to put two "suspects" in a cruiser together and they will use anything said that they caught on tape in a court of law and it IS addmissable evidence.

If you pass the attitude test, your chances of getting killed go down dramaticly.

Young Mr. Pinasco did not shut off his truck's ignition and put his hands on the dashboard.

I do find it interesting that the bullet holes in Pinasco's truck were from the side. The CHP report stated that Mr. Pinasco gunned the truck and started driving at them, making them fear for their lives.

This whole thing stinks and I hope the investigation gets to the bottom of what really happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Better Nutrition for Cancer Patients Feb 4 Willard Ford 1
Whats going on at Savemart?? (Aug '09) Feb 3 Israel Did 911 8
News Linden teacher accused of stealing from students (Feb '13) Dec '15 Linden tweak 5
Oakdale's finest. (Dec '09) Dec '15 permanent209expat 5
Scott Scruggs of Oakdale Nov '15 KeS 1
Oakdale Leader is not in compliance of end user... Nov '15 KeS 1
Review: Holistic Life Institute School Of Massa... Oct '15 Riverbank resident 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmington Mortgages