Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Judged:

The Jonesboro Sun used to have substance and quality back in the days when it was a local, family-owned paper. Now it's just another corporate rag owned by the right-wing media conglomerate Paxton Media Group. The Sun has no substance, and Paxton seems to think the conservative politics that are friendly to their corporate interests should be shared by their readers--the true aim of media conglomerates, which is to keep the public in the dark. Maybe eventually there will be a Jonesboro edition of the Arkansas Times, and then some substance and competition will breathed into local reporting.
Aggie40

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Judged:

Not sure about the conspiracy theory... but I do agree that the Sun is awful.
Puzzled

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Judged:

Hey, does the jonesboro sun still have coupons in it? if so, are they in the sunday or wednesday paper? or both? i dont get any in either one. are the delivery ppl taking mine out?
Wayne

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Aggie40 wrote:
Not sure about the conspiracy theory... but I do agree that the Sun is awful.
It's not a conspiracy theory--it's quite simple and straightforward. Media conglomerates have motives in taking over independent companies that deliver the news. Motives are always profit oriented--a larger market, along with promoting politically advantageous legislation and regulation.
it sucks

Clarksville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I just wish the damn thing would got out of business or something, we need a decent paper around here. I think Paxton media should shove it up their A$$.
Old Sam

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Puzzled wrote:
Hey, does the jonesboro sun still have coupons in it? if so, are they in the sunday or wednesday paper? or both? i dont get any in either one. are the delivery ppl taking mine out?
It used to be in the wed paper. Only reason we take it is for the grocery store ads and sat paper for tv guide.
Newsboys

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Judged:

Yeah, The Sun is pretty bad. News Media in Jonesboro blows. Have you watched KAIT lately? It's not much better.
Rozorbackfan

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

They used to be a shill for St Bernards. I remember some pretty horrible things that happend there that never got reported.
nuttinbutgood

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

If you think yhr Sun sucks don't read it. start your own and let's see how you do.
Razorbackfan

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

nuttinbutgood wrote:
If you think yhr Sun sucks don't read it. start your own and let's see how you do.
You totally missed the point of the post. It was about how they have lost the ability to be objective.
It was not about starting a business so get your Mom or Sister to read it to you again until you understand the main point.
runner

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

Razorbackfan wrote:
<quoted text>
You totally missed the point of the post. It was about how they have lost the ability to be objective.
It was not about starting a business so get your Mom or Sister to read it to you again until you understand the main point.
It's beginning to read a lot like The Modern News in Harrisburg.
duhh

Foristell, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

KAIT is not any better! I would rather listen to Memphis or Little Rock news.
its bad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2008

try working for the sun...my moms boy friend does two routes for the sun..and they pay crappy...yea sure they talk about in the paper making all this extra money...BULL CRAP....the way gas prices are these days your lucky just to break even...my moms boyfriend does it as a primary income....how could any business expect their route drivers to put the paper out with no incentives(sp)...and lets not get into the fact that it puts such a strain on your vehicle...he has went through 3 vehicles in the last year...the sun is drag to work for...but on the subject i like all the adds they put in the sunday paper..i dont ever read the paper other than the want ads
proofreeder

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Razorbackfan wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that the Sun was crappy and we need another paper. So start one or read the Modern News.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

The Jonesboro Sun's reporting is lacking especially in the Stan Mitchell department. He needs to be more careful about the Police and Courts section or he is going the Jonesboro Sun is going to have a lawsuit on their hands. If he is going to continue to report court matters he needs to make certain he has the facts before publishing. He has made many mistakes!
Poll Watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Noticed how KAIT has gone to so many info commericals ? Now that is the pitts.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

I hate KAIT
Great Pee Pads

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Wayne wrote:
The Jonesboro Sun used to have substance and quality back in the days when it was a local, family-owned paper. Now it's just another corporate rag owned by the right-wing media conglomerate Paxton Media Group. The Sun has no substance, and Paxton seems to think the conservative politics that are friendly to their corporate interests should be shared by their readers--the true aim of media conglomerates, which is to keep the public in the dark. Maybe eventually there will be a Jonesboro edition of the Arkansas Times, and then some substance and competition will breathed into local reporting.
Im sorry but I belive the Sun does have substance and quality. I use it everyday for my dogs to potty on. It works great!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Great Pee Pads wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry but I belive the Sun does have substance and quality. I use it everyday for my dogs to potty on. It works great!
That is quite funny!
Bird cages

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

It works for bird cages too, but to be fair it has never been that great.

I always heard that if you wanted to go to bed with nothing on your mind, read the Sun before going to bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Farmington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Farmington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••