Where to get great ice cream

Where to get great ice cream

There are 62 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 23, 2007, titled Where to get great ice cream. In it, Newsday reports that:

Long Island is blessed with dozens of independent ice-cream parlors. Here are some of the more popular.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Nancy

East Hampton, NY

#1 Apr 30, 2009
This article is outdated. Check out the best Ice Cream on Long Island at IceScreamin' for Dessert Now! at 212 Pettit Ave. Bellmore, next to the taxi stand at the train station. Amazing smooth fresh ice cream and gelato made on premises.
Eve

Mastic, NY

#3 Apr 30, 2009
Assgravy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great..nothing like ice cream with train soot and taxi driver flem all over it. Great recommend!!
You have me cracking up today!LOL
troll intheass

Kings Park, NY

#4 Apr 30, 2009
How about the fudge at the trax in Ronkonkoma mmm mmm
Tall and Proud

Wingdale, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2009
Ice Cream Cottage
1590 Montauk Highway
Mastic, NY 11950

Knock your socks off homemade Ice cream
http://www.icecreamcottage.com/
Illegal Immigrant

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Apr 30, 2009
Imported Ice Cream...
Nancy

East Hampton, NY

#8 May 18, 2009
The BEST ice cream on Long Island is in Bellmore at IceScreamin' for Dessert Now! This place is new, the ice cream and gelato is homemade on premises and it is sooo fresh and delicious! Try the Pina Colada gelato-it is heaven! Mocha Chip ice cream is Irresistible and Rolo flavor is one of the favorites. Every flavor is fabulous so the biggest problem is deciding. Check out the custom cakes too!

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#9 May 18, 2009
Nancy wrote:
The BEST ice cream on Long Island is in Bellmore at IceScreamin' for Dessert Now! This place is new, the ice cream and gelato is homemade on premises and it is sooo fresh and delicious! Try the Pina Colada gelato-it is heaven! Mocha Chip ice cream is Irresistible and Rolo flavor is one of the favorites. Every flavor is fabulous so the biggest problem is deciding. Check out the custom cakes too!
Is it fresh ?
Carleen Slattery

AOL

#10 May 24, 2009
Tall and Proud wrote:
Ice Cream Cottage
1590 Montauk Highway
Mastic, NY 11950
Knock your socks off homemade Ice cream
http://www.icecreamcottage.com/
Greatest on LI
Ed Burke

Rosedale, NY

#11 Jun 13, 2009
eddy's in forest hills
Ed Burp

Glen Cove, NY

#12 Jun 13, 2009
I get my ice cream from the Ice King of Corona. Where all the transgendered Spanish boys, er, girls hang out.
ICESCREAMER

AOL

#13 Jun 26, 2009
Coyles ice cream in Bay Shore has the best selection and atmosphere around.

you gotta go there at least once.
News Hound

Norwalk, CT

#14 Jul 1, 2009
Thanks, Screamin', for starting a thread about the best ice cream on Long Island. Very topical, tropical and timely. Bellmore seems to have the general approval of most. We were getting one in Sea Cliff between Glen Cove-Roslyn, but for reasons unknown, they took their sign down and the building is for rent again.
oh well

Stormville, NY

#15 Jul 1, 2009
So no more Jack Frost????????

Go to Rita's just opened in down town Glen Cove.
Not bad, I say..
News Hound

Norwalk, CT

#16 Jul 2, 2009
Oh Well: Thanks for the tip on Rita's. But Henry's is a steady standby in Glen Cove that never grows old.
YAZ

Moodus, CT

#17 Jul 2, 2009
We Lik It ice cream, Rt 97 Pomfret.
Amy Brainscanner

Somerset, NJ

#18 Jul 4, 2009
Billy Bretzel's Nina Rubin Center for Alpha Wave Conic Sorbet and Gelato.
Carol

Hollis, NY

#19 Jul 5, 2009
Ed Burp wrote:
I get my ice cream from the Ice King of Corona. Where all the transgendered Spanish boys, er, girls hang out.
heheee - everyone has a "tell" -

KNEW you were a trannie!!!
Carol

Hollis, NY

#20 Jul 5, 2009
I should add to the above -

"not that there is anything wrong with it".
Moon

Elizabeth, NJ

#21 Jul 9, 2009
ICESCREAMER wrote:
Coyles ice cream in Bay Shore has the best selection and atmosphere around.
you gotta go there at least once.
I agree ! I have been to Coyle's twice. A great friend of mine grew up nearby and decided it was the perfect spot to meet up at in January for ice cream on her birthday...boy was she right ! Thanks KC !
Moon

Elizabeth, NJ

#22 Jul 9, 2009
My husband & I love getting ice cream in Port Jeff Village from Snow White and the Seven Flavors. You walk up to the window located in Chandler Square to place your order and sit on a nearby bench or walk around to enjoy. Good ice cream, huge portions, small price *****

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmingdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Must See: Black Family Receives Letter From Nei... 24 min Righteous 57
News Retired Teacher From Holbrook Arrested For Chil... (Jan '13) Thu Happy not 3
News Massapequa Man Arrested for Bank Robbery (Mar '10) Wed teamnotanelsonbut... 19
News Way to Go: Irene Kowalski, Merrick Wed RacistFireCrotchB... 1
News Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach attracts huge ... Wed USAFSF Ret 1
Review: Tony Saccone - Allstate Personal Financ... May 26 big man 3
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) May 26 Catholic love 8,033
More from around the web

Farmingdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]