Too Many Teenagers are Out of Control

Too Many Teenagers are Out of Control

There are 3 comments on the Atlantic Highlands Herald story from Feb 12, 2007, titled Too Many Teenagers are Out of Control. In it, Atlantic Highlands Herald reports that:

There's a noticeable element in our society that is anarchistic. They walk around with a bad attitude, intimidating those around them whom their see are beneath them in their weird, sadistic pecking order.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlantic Highlands Herald.

FROGGY

Valley Cottage, NY

#1 Feb 12, 2007
IT'S LIKE THOSE HARDCORE GANG KIDS THAT KILLED THAT POOR GUY IN CLUB DEEP LAST MONTH ON THE ASBURY PARK BOARDWALK. A WAR VETERAN IS KILLED CAUSE HE WANTED TO GO OUT DANCING. AND WHERE WAS SECURITY THAT ASBURY PARTNERS SHOULD HAVE PROVIDED? CRAZY MAN. THE WHOLE WORLD IS UPSIDE DOWN
MJNJ

Keansburg, NJ

#2 Feb 14, 2007
I wrote the following to the editor
I am glad to see that someone is finally addressing the issues that face us here in Monmouth County. Gordon Bishop is right on the money with his articles on both the out of control teenagers and the fact that we are being gouged by NJ for our retirement.
I teach Religious education to young children and they have no self discipline nor do they show any respect for their elders. I told a friend that we would have anarchy in this country within 10 years only 4 years ago, now it looks like that’s exactly what is happening. It’s only the beginning and unless the police begin to become more aggressive in arresting these children and making their parents accountable also, then how do we expect to be protected if there is a threat of any kind from foreigners or those who create terror. Their names along with the parents need to be published. Shaming the parents for some of these children may work for others there doesn't seem to be any hope. All I can say is God help us all in this area in the next few years.
People are foolish to think that this area is safe anymore. A major problem is that you don’t see anything on the NJ news about this to forewarn the public. Why? Because no one would shop there. Eatontown and Neptune are only encouraging gangs and out of control kids to hang at their local stores. There was a conflict with a few gangs about a year or so ago and I haven’t been back to the Monmouth Mall since.
MICH

AOL

#3 Feb 15, 2007
TEENS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OUT OF CONTROL. THERE WERE ALWAYS FIGHTS IN BARS AND TOUGH GUYS AND HITTER GIRLS. I AM 51 AND REMEMBER ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL, RACIAL RIOTS AND STUPID FIGHTS. yEARS AGO PEOPLE TALKED FACE TO FACE AND NOT ON THE INTERNET.
THE YOUTH TODAY SIT BY THE COMPUTER AND WRITE FOR ENTERTAINMENT. ABURY pARK WAS NEVER A NICE PLACE. DON'T BLAME THE YOUTH. MANY BULLIES HAVE BEEN BULLIED. I PRESENT BULLYING WORKSHOPS IN INTERMEDIATE SCHOOLS AND BULLYING STARTS IN KINDERGARTEN AND THISLD BE ADDRESSED IN CURRICLUM IN SCHOOLS. FIRST COMES SOCIAL EMOTIONAL WELLBEING THEN THE ACADEMICS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmingdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MOVE FOR LESS INC is the WORST moving company e... (Apr '09) 19 hr Ctk 38
stop and shop on hooper Wed toni anne 1
News Gout And Liquor - The Dangers You Need To Know ... Jun 27 Hamburg_Resd 4
Thinking of moving to Brick NJ Jun 25 eastpointlight 3
News Don't buy pets on impulse this holiday season (Nov '09) Jun 21 Katelyn_watters 57
News Joint investigation results in 20 pounds of pot... (Jun '14) Jun 15 User7886 2
Help wanted Jun 13 Davisjoseph 1

Farmingdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmingdale Mortgages