Moises Mendoza to file appeal

Moises Mendoza to file appeal

There are 251 comments on the Lewisville Leader story from Oct 4, 2006, titled Moises Mendoza to file appeal. In it, Lewisville Leader reports that:

The attorney for death row inmate Moises Mendoza, 22, of Farmersville, said he plans to file an appeal on his client's capital murder conviction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lewisville Leader.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Patti Eisenhauer

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 31, 2006
Moises Mendoza is where he belongs. He does not deserve a reprieve. The thing Rachelle Tolleson wanted the most in the world was to watch her daughter grow up and he stole that from her. He stole Rachelle from her daughter and from those of us who loved her. He should stay where he is, he has more time than he ever gave Rachelle
Cliff Lokey

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 9, 2006
I miss Texas sometimes but when i here about things like this i'm glad i'm here' He should be getting a hell of lot worse than death that is letting him off to easy! Andrew,Rachelle and their baby deserved better..
Patti Eisenhauer

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 16, 2006
Cliff Lokey wrote:
I miss Texas sometimes but when i here about things like this i'm glad i'm here' He should be getting a hell of lot worse than death that is letting him off to easy! Andrew,Rachelle and their baby deserved better..
Thank you Cliff, we miss you too. Patti
Anon

Gaithersburg, MD

#4 Nov 20, 2006
Andrew doesnt deserve anything...He helped Mendoza kill his estranged wife.
robert

Cardiff By The Sea, CA

#5 Dec 12, 2006
you should shut up. Andrew did not help Moises. you are so rude into saying that. I knew Moises and Andrew and Andrew would never do that. So unless you knew them(which i know you dont!) i would shut up.
Anon wrote:
Patti Eisenhauer

United States

#6 Dec 13, 2006
Since Anon wasn't at the trial and doesn't know the facts or the people, he/she should not make such stupid comments. Andrew loved Rachelle and he loves their daughter who he is very involved with. He would never have hurt Rachelle. Her death nearly killed him too. So if you don't know the facts, keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. Life has been hard for all the people that love and miss Rachelle.
Linda in Dallas TX

Dallas, TX

#7 Jan 22, 2007
I just saw Rachelle's story on Forensic Files. It's horrible the way her life was stolen by a selfish twist of a human being. I'm so sorry for her family but relieved that her killer is behind bars where he belongs. He is a coward as evidenced by his own choice of the death penalty instead of a life sentence. He gets to stay in a protected cell on death row instead of living in the general population. I say put him in general population and see how long he survives with the other criminals.
Tammie in Port Arthur TX

Madera, CA

#8 Jan 27, 2007
Moises Mendoza is pure "EVIL", in every sense of the word...Look at a pic of him and look at his eyes...He will get what's coming to him, one way or another...My husband is Rachelle's cousin...We did not become acquainted with this side of his family till Hurricane Rita hit in 2005, after Rachelle's death...But just hearing the story tore our hearts out...We stayed with Rachelle's grandparents, Vicki & Jim during our evacuation...We had numerous talks about Rachelle and viewed her pictures all over her grandparents home...And best of all, we fell in love with a beautiful angel named Avery Lynn...Mark & Pam are doing a wonderful job raising her...These is a wonderful family that did not deserve this devastation...I can guarantee one thing though, little Avery has her own Guardian Angel in heaven and her name is Rachelle Lynn O'Neil-Tolleson!!!
eva

Moriken, Switzerland

#9 Feb 15, 2007
Moises is a lovely person, he writes wonderful poems and deeply regrets what he did. You all only see this murder which is unfair. My opininon is thatn o one deserves death penalty.
crystal rodriuze

Dallas, TX

#10 Feb 27, 2007
well only Andrew an moises know what happen that nite. and if moises dies that well be it 4 him and andrew well all ways have that nite in the back of his head in till he dies
Stacie

Mckinney, TX

#11 Feb 28, 2007
as i am reading all of everyones post ive got tears running down my face... i did not know rochelle or any of her family, i am truely sorry for what happened to her!!!! Moises is not pure "evil" this young man made a huge mistake, the morning of march 18,2004... moises was and still is my best friend.... i pray for the Tollison and the Mendoza everynight!!

Gob Bless America
Ali

Dallas, TX

#12 Mar 2, 2007
A huge mistake?!?!?!?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!? A lovely person who writes beautiful poems?!?!?!?!?! MY GOD!!! What is wrong with you people??? He murdered Rachelle and left her baby girl ALONE in the night to freeze or whatever else!!! I see the pain that her family goes through daily. Can you imagine how hard it is for them to even wake up every morning???? And not only did he take away a mother, daughter, sister, neice, daughter in law, wife and friend, he made sure that her friends and family could not see her one final time by burning her!!!! This just sickens me!!!!!!!!!!
Patti

Mabank, TX

#13 Mar 4, 2007
crystal rodriuze wrote:
well only Andrew an moises know what happen that nite. and if moises dies that well be it 4 him and andrew well all ways have that nite in the back of his head in till he dies
Quit putting Andrew and Moises together. Andrew was not with him that night. He was home asleep, I should know I am his MOTHER!!!!!! They were not friends or anything else. He loved Rachelle and his daughter. Our family misses her everyday!!!!
eva

Moriken, Switzerland

#14 Mar 15, 2007
Yes, he killed this girl, but I doubt if Rachelle`s parents will really feel better when he is dead as well. Killing Moises does not bring her back to life. I think it is wonderful, if he has some friends which are still his friends because he is still the same person.
Mac

Plano, TX

#15 Mar 15, 2007
eva wrote:
Yes, he killed this girl, but I doubt if Rachelle`s parents will really feel better when he is dead as well. Killing Moises does not bring her back to life. I think it is wonderful, if he has some friends which are still his friends because he is still the same person.
Actually Her Dad ( a personal friend) will be happy when he is dead but still would rather have his daughter back.
adrienne

Plano, TX

#16 Mar 15, 2007
Anon wrote:
you DON'T know Andrew.. He wouldn't hurt Rochelle.. HE LOVES her... you weren't there to see what this did to him.
Ali

Mckinney, TX

#17 Mar 16, 2007
Eva, WOW!!!!!! Do you honestly believe that it won't make A LOT of people feel better to see this ANIMAL dead?!?!?!?!?! You honestly believe that a monster like Mendoza deserves friends to defend him??? If you want to be his friend, that's your business but there is no way you are going to convince anyone that is close to this case, that he deserves to breath our air!!!
You know, you kind of said it all when you said that he is the same person he always was, do you have any clue about his criminal history??? If you do then you know that this is a man, no scratch that, he is no man, that's for sure, this is a creature that should have been in prison long before he TOOK A PERSON'S LIFE!!! Do you get that he took away a human life? He did something that only God should do. And not only that but he shattered so many more lives. That includes his own family.
I just do not understand how anyone in their right mind could even THINK about defending him to ANYONE!
Lastly, Rachelle's family does not need anyone to speak for them, please don't.
Sandy

United States

#18 Mar 16, 2007
eva wrote:
Well, if you are one of those friends then be aware because if he is the same person then he will kill a "friend" and not blink an eye when he is doing it. There are evil people in this world and from what I have read his own family will say that about him. I think he is where he belongs and God Bless anyone else if they were involved because you have to answer to one person in the end and HE knows the truth....
Pam

Dallas, TX

#19 Mar 17, 2007
Well 'Eva' let me tell you one thing.you don'y know Rachelle's parents ......so don't say what they will feel or what they think,I am Rachelle's Mom and I hate the fact that this person in prison gets to wake up everyday,breathe everyday or even see the day and night,this should have been taken away from him the night he took my daughter's life! I would not say that we would be "Killing" him ,he will be getting his punishment and we will get some kind of justice. And Rachelle will finally be able to 'rest in peace'.
If you take the life of an innocent person then you sure as HELL don't deserve to have yours continue. Rachelle pleaded for her life while being murdered by this ANIMAL!He continued to take her life away,this is some kind of evil that we don't need here on earth,and if you are his friend and believe he should not be where he is or deserve what is coming to him then I truly feel sorry for you and hope your friends and family are aware of your beliefs and I pray for their safety as well as everyone on earth.
Pam

Dallas, TX

#20 Mar 17, 2007
eva wrote:
okay first of all you dont know Rachelle's parents so don't comment about how they will feel,personally we will all be relieved when this is all over,mendoza will get what he deserves!
I feel bad for his Mother and Father,knowing your child could do such a Horrible thing.
No parent should have to go threw what we did,everyone has there own beliefs and mine is that if you take a life for no reason then you dont deserve to have yours continue. And your right "It wont bring Rachelle back" but she will finally get to "Rest In Peace" and justice will be served.
and if you want to call him a friend that is your buisness,I bet you wont share with your other friends where this one special friend lives?
Rachelle I know you can read this and Mommy Loves you so much our family chain has been broken but we will connect our family chain again one by one as we meet you in Heaven we will all be together again I promise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
farmersville texas boys breed and born (Oct '15) Mar 10 SNAP 6
drug activity on county rd 655 Feb '17 Cop 3
New Planned Development off 3211? Jan '17 Jamesjay 1
Tim Carroll & Carroll Custom Cadillac, Reviews? (Oct '15) Jan '17 VTC_CCC 11
Beer And Wine (Dec '09) Dec '16 Granny 11
News Captex Bancshares announces definitive acquisit... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Anonymous 5
Help find Luke!!!! (Jul '16) Jul '16 whodat 2

Farmersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Farmersville Mortgages