First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unable to stop it

AOL

#1 Mar 17, 2011
Has anyone thought about voting this year for a new town board in Shelburn or a new town cop? When I grew up here this was a town that was something I was proud of. It has continued to go down hill and the people that are enforcing the rules only apply them to certain people. This town has a lot of youth in it. Many in their 20ís are incarcerated and the trend while continue until the people of the community stands up. Letís all vote this year, get a new board, and follow the Indiana State ordnances get rid of the town employees just sucking the money up. Take care of that so called fire department. It is all a click and family It is time for the younger generation to stand up and take pride for the town they are raising their kids in.
I remember a few years back there where so others that ran for town board. There was one women that was bold she posted fliers order the book from Indiana and posted the facts. She almost made it. I believe that if she would run again, along with Mark known as, grench. There could be some changes made. You need people that with stand up and fight for what is right, no matter who it makes made. You need highly educated people that can use their knowledge and leadership skills to help this town. That woman was and there may have been some feathers ruffled if she had gotten it, but I know one thing this town would have been up to code and no favorites. Everyone treated the same. If anyone knows who I am speaking of you may ask her to run again and her thoughts on other candidates. She knew the book of Indiana from A-Z and truly wanted to change the town for the better. Mark also was treated poorly when he became sick and was fired. He was one of the hardest works the town had and went out of the way to help people. Those two would make a very good start on changing this trashy, meth head, clicking board, and no police protection. Everyone might just stop and think about it. I am talking about people that will not back down and that will stand up for the citizens of Shelburn. Not the scuttle bug, we need no more gossip, but facts and change.
GET ALDOLD OF HER!!! SHE HAS TIES WITH THE COMMUNITY KIDS AND CARES!
GET ALHOLD OF MARK and encourage them both to run and recruit and new group for this town.
Have you seen Old Fashion Days! No one even takes pride in it!!
Haha

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Mar 25, 2011
LMAO!
Haha

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Mar 25, 2011
Just what the town needs is a crazy pill head nurse that gets fired drom every job and a drunken alcoholic grinch running the town. Now that would be FUNNY!!!! Yeah Shelburn try to better your town by voting for nut cases, dope heads and drunks!! This is the funniest stuff i've read on here for a while!
Haha

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Mar 25, 2011
Oh....by the way....the Scuttle Bug got more votes then you did. If I remember right you only got around 20 votes...which im sure were all your family. That's far from almost making it. Grinch was fired long before he became sick. I believe he refused to work with a certain employee and had even been accused of stealing. As for our police protection....it's pretty good compared to other small towns around us. Any given evening you can see Mr. Inman patroling. Drive around to Hymera, Farmersburg or Fairbanks. I guarantee you wont see a town Marshall patroling as much as Doug does!
town

North Salem, IN

#5 Mar 28, 2011
Unable to stop it must've stop their meds. Please go get your refill!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 29, 2011
Shelburn is an infested boil on the buttocks of the world and needs only demolition. Let's face it Shelburn is a town of 1252 with an average household income of $25,714. Sullivan county has had the same population size for the last 130 years between about 20 - 30 thousand. What do you expect? You live in small town america. Educate your kids the best you can, send them away to college and tell them to never come back accept for the funeral and to sell the house. Any offspring that returns is either severely homesick or could not make it in the real world. Do not buy property here, it doesn't make sense, there are no jobs, industry - nothing, nothing....go away and allow this "town" to doe.
unable to stop

Du Bois, PA

#7 Mar 31, 2011
Not sure who you are talking about their HAHA, but I happen to know the nurse and she is far from a pill head. I also was one counting the votes and know where everyone stood. So let not slander if you have no facts. You can point fingers and judge you stand up and run and change this place. She has made further than most in this small town and I have heard is not far off from her masters. That is not a pill head. does she have a drug record. As far as family votes I don't think she has a lot to do with them. Grow up and get your facts straight before you slander. Just like Mark he did what he could for who he could. Now who is running the town liz miller her hubby and the wards?
unable to stop

Du Bois, PA

#8 Mar 31, 2011
bigmatthehobo wrote:
Shelburn is an infested boil on the buttocks of the world and needs only demolition. Let's face it Shelburn is a town of 1252 with an average household income of $25,714. Sullivan county has had the same population size for the last 130 years between about 20 - 30 thousand. What do you expect? You live in small town america. Educate your kids the best you can, send them away to college and tell them to never come back accept for the funeral and to sell the house. Any offspring that returns is either severely homesick or could not make it in the real world. Do not buy property here, it doesn't make sense, there are no jobs, industry - nothing, nothing....go away and allow this "town" to doe.
I agree, but it is hard to do when all your family is right her and telling your kids to leave that would be hard.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 31, 2011
unable to stop wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, but it is hard to do when all your family is right her and telling your kids to leave that would be hard.
Agreed.
HAHA

Gallitzin, PA

#10 Apr 1, 2011
unable to stop wrote:
Not sure who you are talking about their HAHA, but I happen to know the nurse and she is far from a pill head. I also was one counting the votes and know where everyone stood. So let not slander if you have no facts. You can point fingers and judge you stand up and run and change this place. She has made further than most in this small town and I have heard is not far off from her masters. That is not a pill head. does she have a drug record. As far as family votes I don't think she has a lot to do with them. Grow up and get your facts straight before you slander. Just like Mark he did what he could for who he could. Now who is running the town liz miller her hubby and the wards?
She (you) may not have a record, but how many times have you Od'd on pills? Several and I know that for a fact. I was working on one occassion when you did. The results of the election are public moron! You did NOT even come close to making it. As for our town....I think it's being ran pretty good. Our towns streets are better the Farmersburgs or Hymeras. Get your panties out of a wad because your dogs were shot. Every neighborhood you have lived in you have let your dogs run free. All of your EX neighbors were never so happy to see someone leave their neighborhood. Go ahead and run for town board again. Im sure you'll get a big embarrassment. Wasn't once enough. Go get Otis the town drunk...A.K.A....Grinch to run with you. You talk about him as if he's a saint. h well I guess you are use to drunks since you have a family of them. You say you have nothing to do with your family, but don't you live with daddy? Hmmmm....lies, lies, lies....one after another!
HAHA

Gallitzin, PA

#11 Apr 1, 2011
town wrote:
Unable to stop it must've stop their meds. Please go get your refill!
LOL!!! That's for sure!!!
shelburn

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 3, 2011
HAHA wrote:
<quoted text>She (you) may not have a record, but how many times have you Od'd on pills? Several and I know that for a fact. I was working on one occassion when you did. The results of the election are public moron! You did NOT even come close to making it. As for our town....I think it's being ran pretty good. Our towns streets are better the Farmersburgs or Hymeras. Get your panties out of a wad because your dogs were shot. Every neighborhood you have lived in you have let your dogs run free. All of your EX neighbors were never so happy to see someone leave their neighborhood. Go ahead and run for town board again. Im sure you'll get a big embarrassment. Wasn't once enough. Go get Otis the town drunk...A.K.A....Grinch to run with you. You talk about him as if he's a saint. h well I guess you are use to drunks since you have a family of them. You say you have nothing to do with your family, but don't you live with daddy? Hmmmm....lies, lies, lies....one after another!
oh hell, leave her be. Gives her something to do and keeps her occupied! The only one making an idiot out of herself is her. Everyone in this town knows she belongs in a straight jacket, not on a board...lmfao!
One of the good guys

Sullivan, IN

#13 Aug 3, 2011
Mark was not only a drunk, but also started getting in to some heavier stuff. He did a crapoy job on the street department and was even put on probation before he was fired.

Doug does patrol the streets, and even arrests people. Shelburn is way safer than Hymera, Farmersburg, Merom, and even Carlisle. There is only so much a Town can do with one full time police officer and no money to hire any more.

You want your town to clean up? Start parenting your children instead of letting the little hoodlums run the streets all night. Stop making and using drugs and being drunk instead of teaching your children right and wrong as well as respect.

Someone always has the answer until they realize that people have rights and there is a proceedure to everything legal. You can't just go in and arrest everyone you think is doing bad or you don't like. If that were the case, a lot if jails would be full. The Marshal is only paid for 40 hours a week, which he does work by the way.

It is easy to sit safe behind your computer and throw stones. Try getting out and seeing how real life works. If you were talking about Patty Wright being the one that ran for the board, and I am sure you are, she is a whack job and has tried to run for every town board in Sullivan County.

Your Hero Mark Hayes is no saint, he could never be sober enough to run a town, especially since he couldn't stay sober enough to work for one.

If you don't like the town, or the county, just move away. I promise you we will not miss you one bit. Hell, who needs a stupid ole gossip anyway? Get a clue, get a life, and maybe if you raised your children right, you would have nothing to complain about.

I wish you had the chance to try and run a town, or even police one for just one day. Maybe, just maybe you would understand it isn't as easy as you think. I am sure every one on a town board runs and thinks they are going to change the way things are, and change the world, only to realize that they had no idea how wrong they were.

By the way, Jay built his home at a hell of a deal, and not with town money, but with money his parents left him. The State Board of Accounts does audits very frequently and everything is accounted for. Educate yourself before you flap your gossipy pie hole! I live people that stink their noses in peoples business and think they know everything. If you took your nose out of everyone else's butt, maybe you wouldn't smell crap all the time.

In closing I will be short. Butt out and mind your own!
One thing wrong

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Aug 4, 2011
One of the good guys wrote:
Mark was not only a drunk, but also started getting in to some heavier stuff. He did a crapoy job on the street department and was even put on probation before he was fired.
Doug does patrol the streets, and even arrests people. Shelburn is way safer than Hymera, Farmersburg, Merom, and even Carlisle. There is only so much a Town can do with one full time police officer and no money to hire any more.
You want your town to clean up? Start parenting your children instead of letting the little hoodlums run the streets all night. Stop making and using drugs and being drunk instead of teaching your children right and wrong as well as respect.
Someone always has the answer until they realize that people have rights and there is a proceedure to everything legal. You can't just go in and arrest everyone you think is doing bad or you don't like. If that were the case, a lot if jails would be full. The Marshal is only paid for 40 hours a week, which he does work by the way.
It is easy to sit safe behind your computer and throw stones. Try getting out and seeing how real life works. If you were talking about Patty Wright being the one that ran for the board, and I am sure you are, she is a whack job and has tried to run for every town board in Sullivan County.
Your Hero Mark Hayes is no saint, he could never be sober enough to run a town, especially since he couldn't stay sober enough to work for one.
If you don't like the town, or the county, just move away. I promise you we will not miss you one bit. Hell, who needs a stupid ole gossip anyway? Get a clue, get a life, and maybe if you raised your children right, you would have nothing to complain about.
I wish you had the chance to try and run a town, or even police one for just one day. Maybe, just maybe you would understand it isn't as easy as you think. I am sure every one on a town board runs and thinks they are going to change the way things are, and change the world, only to realize that they had no idea how wrong they were.
By the way, Jay built his home at a hell of a deal, and not with town money, but with money his parents left him. The State Board of Accounts does audits very frequently and everything is accounted for. Educate yourself before you flap your gossipy pie hole! I live people that stink their noses in peoples business and think they know everything. If you took your nose out of everyone else's butt, maybe you wouldn't smell crap all the time.
You got one thing wrong! The crazy nurse that started this post isn't Patty! I won't say her name, but it begins with an A and she tried to run Mr.Inman in the ground for shooting her dogs. The dogs were mean and he was in the right! She's so pilled out of her mind she doesn't know if she's coming or going!!! Everything else you said is probably pretty much true though!!! From my understanding she has re-married for the 4th or 5th time and moved out of town. If that's true lets all pray she stays wherever she's at!!!!!
shelburn

Linton, IN

#15 Sep 15, 2011
One of the good guys wrote:
see the funny thing is you couldnt run a town either ur the same as everyone else that takes from this town and does not give back i've personally seen the things wards do they beat a guy almost to death 3 on 1 come on thats chicken if u ask me next to the gas station but when the cops were called did they do anything no they did not they made sure the guy was able to make it back in the house thats it. doug has deputies under him but half of them like akers don't do anything cause half the people he stops he buys dope off of just like when he quit the fire department what would have he done if they would have drug tested him he would have failed now thats funny but he's a town deputy now and unless he likes u ur going to jail or getn a ticket now thats not right i know doug inman has a hard time workn at the jail and being a full time town sheriff but come on find some better deputies its a shame he has to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find them but look at what he has to work with. as for jay southwood they never did do an audit on him about his new house but there was a grant that was about 200,000 for repairs on houses that need it and it disappeared and was unaccounted for so where did it go lets see some proof thats all i can say. as for the town board why did they let our town yes our town not there town get this bad
you are a dumbass

Farmersburg, IN

#16 Sep 16, 2011
shelburn wrote:
<quoted text>
see the funny thing is you couldnt run a town either ur the same as everyone else that takes from this town and does not give back i've personally seen the things wards do they beat a guy almost to death 3 on 1 come on thats chicken if u ask me next to the gas station but when the cops were called did they do anything no they did not they made sure the guy was able to make it back in the house thats it. doug has deputies under him but half of them like akers don't do anything cause half the people he stops he buys dope off of just like when he quit the fire department what would have he done if they would have drug tested him he would have failed now thats funny but he's a town deputy now and unless he likes u ur going to jail or getn a ticket now thats not right i know doug inman has a hard time workn at the jail and being a full time town sheriff but come on find some better deputies its a shame he has to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find them but look at what he has to work with. as for jay southwood they never did do an audit on him about his new house but there was a grant that was about 200,000 for repairs on houses that need it and it disappeared and was unaccounted for so where did it go lets see some proof thats all i can say. as for the town board why did they let our town yes our town not there town get this bad
First, what type of person are you to just sit and watch 3 people kick the shit out of 1 person, and not step up and help them? Oh I know, you are a person that sits on the computer and bad mouths everyone who does try to help. You are probally just another paranoid meth head or pill popper that sucks the life out of our community and welfare system. You sound like a worthless piece of shit just like Mark Hayes. You must be screwin him.
WOW

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Sep 17, 2011
shelburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know Shawn Akers very well! He has never done dope! If the Wards beat a guy up at the gas station Im sure more people then you would have seen it! Everyone knows who you are! You don't even live in this town anymore so why don't you stop your ignorant crap. Doug is out patrolling every night. If you're that mad at him for shooting your dogs why don't you learn to keep them tied or penned up? You are not above the law. Im quite sure if the state had thought that Jay had taken the money they would have done an audit. To the person saying she's a pill popper...You got that right!!! She has od'd several times. I was working once when she did it. Even though she has almost died she still keeps eating her pills like they are candy! If you would compare Shelburn with the other small towns around. You would see we are doing better then any of them! We sure don't need an ex nurse pill head and an alcoholic running it! The town would go straight to hell for sure then!
fidelus

United States

#19 Sep 17, 2011
Doug inman does do a good job and his reserve officer's who have the same duties as any police officer as well as the same arrest powers. Do a great job the only difference is that they do not get any monetary compensation they do it for their families and the community so it is safer and less dangerous for everyone because they still believe in this town. If they take pill poppers, drunk drivers, thiefs, and other criminals to jail they are doing just that making it a safer place. So just pack your shit up stop at the post office and fill out Ur change of address form and get the hell out. Who knows it may just postpone Ur dumb ass going to jail for a few days but I doubt it .
shelburn

Linton, IN

#20 Sep 19, 2011
fidelus wrote:
Doug Inman does do a good job and his reserve officers who have the same duties as any police officer as well as the same arrest powers do a great job the only difference is that they do not get any monetary compensation. They do it for their families and the community so it is safer and less dangerous for everyone because they still believe in this town. If they take pill poppers, drunk drivers, thieves, and other criminals to jail they are doing just that... making it a safer place. So just pack your shit up stop at the post office and fill out ur change of address form and get the hell out. Who knows it may just postpone ur dumbass going to jail for a few days but I doubt it .
See thats funny. I'll bet u and the person who posted before u both do dope cause I've seen Akers do dope. I've seen him cry to his brother for dope when his brother was into it but I'll bet I've seen u to. I'm not packing my bags and going anywhere I'm not who u think I am and for the person who posted before u, Doug Inman has never shot any of my dogs I don't have any so how could he shoot them. I'm not mad at Doug, Doug tries to do a good job, he just has a poor choice in deputies. I know for a fact that Akers has already asked the fire chief to cover up some stuff for him. Also, you don't have any clue who I am I'm not a woman thats for sure. I'm just a concerned citizen who everyone overlooks
'cause I keep to myself unlike u and the rest of the people who talk shit on here. I also think it is time for change on the town board cause the same people have been running this town since before I was born and they're still running it. They're actually running it in the ground because look at the town's dope problem. Has anyone made an effort to stop it. No, they have not. Look at all the abandoned houses here in town. We are turning into the slums of Chicago. Our town is that bad, but people like u keep this town the way it is, because ur too afraid of change. I think if we had a new town board to start with and we give other people a chance (I don't care who but at least someone who could do better) our town would be a much better place. I've heard people say this is a horrible place to live and that they refuse to raise their kids here. Let's think about THAT next time we vote for town board!
tired hearing you bitch

Farmersburg, IN

#21 Sep 20, 2011
shelburn wrote:
<quoted text>
See thats funny. I'll bet u and the person who posted before u both do dope cause I've seen Akers do dope. I've seen him cry to his brother for dope when his brother was into it but I'll bet I've seen u to. I'm not packing my bags and going anywhere I'm not who u think I am and for the person who posted before u, Doug Inman has never shot any of my dogs I don't have any so how could he shoot them. I'm not mad at Doug, Doug tries to do a good job, he just has a poor choice in deputies. I know for a fact that Akers has already asked the fire chief to cover up some stuff for him. Also, you don't have any clue who I am I'm not a woman thats for sure. I'm just a concerned citizen who everyone overlooks
'cause I keep to myself unlike u and the rest of the people who talk shit on here. I also think it is time for change on the town board cause the same people have been running this town since before I was born and they're still running it. They're actually running it in the ground because look at the town's dope problem. Has anyone made an effort to stop it. No, they have not. Look at all the abandoned houses here in town. We are turning into the slums of Chicago. Our town is that bad, but people like u keep this town the way it is, because ur too afraid of change. I think if we had a new town board to start with and we give other people a chance (I don't care who but at least someone who could do better) our town would be a much better place. I've heard people say this is a horrible place to live and that they refuse to raise their kids here. Let's think about THAT next time we vote for town board!
If you dont like how the town is being run then do somethin. Dont just sit on the computer and bitch about the town or the dope problem. It is easy to sit and bitch. You seem to have all the answers. It is pretty easy to sit and criticize everyone tryin to make a change for the better. So now if a deputy does his job you accuse him of buying and using dope. If he doesnt then you will just bitch about that. Maybe you should go to a town bourd meeting and request everyone employed by the town take a drug test. Oh i guess if you do that then people will know who you are. You dont wanna do that becouse you are to chicken shit. I agree with the other person, if you dont like it here get your shit and get out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) 17 hr party loyalty 98
looking for an old friend Jul '14 shelburn man 2
Who do you support for Prosecutor in Indiana (S... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Rumormonger 23
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302
A major meth pipeline shut down in the Wabash V... (Jan '08) Jun '14 The Truth Hurts 18
Politician arrested for DUI in patrol car (Feb '08) May '14 John 34
Mike or Alfred lee Wilkins (Apr '12) Apr '14 chillin in a doub... 3
•••
•••
Farmersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Farmersburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••