U.S. and World News - Anti-Illegal-Im...

U.S. and World News - Anti-Illegal-Immigrant Law Passed in Texas

There are 10 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from May 13, 2007, titled U.S. and World News - Anti-Illegal-Immigrant Law Passed in Texas. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

By ANABELLE GARAY Associated Press Writer FARMERS BRANCH, Texas -- Voters in this Dallas suburb became the first in the nation Saturday to prohibit landlords from renting to most illegal immigrants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

joemomame

Chapin, SC

#1 May 13, 2007
Many THANKS to them! I have friends that are not working due to cheap labor due to illegal immigrants & thats tough with no government help in the close future.
paysan

United States

#2 May 13, 2007
Ok, this part of my study is complete, and so I must bid y'all a fond adieu...

My task here has been to document the extent of racism among the anti-immigrant movement. I am gathering data about this from various sources, one of which are online boards and blogs such as this one.

Simply by challenging the premises of anti-immigrant folks, it is easy to incite them to racism, since racism is their prime motivation. That is my thesis. And it is being confirmed. All of the data collected by me and the other 7 members of the team will be analyzed by computers, chi-square, regressions to show correlation of anti-immigrant fervor with the use of ethnic slurs or insults.

Well, I know all these big words are confusing you. However, I thank all of you for providing data which confirms my hypothesis. This data will be used extensively among the immigrant-defense movement to counter any effect you may attempt to have on society. It will be used to publically sully the anti-immigrant movement with its own dirt...the racism which pervades it.

I do sincerely apologize for giving so many of you high blood pressure as I exposed your game. Hey, it's my job, ok. And I'm so sorry for confusing so many of you with big words, history, etc. That was very insensitive on my part. Still, it's been fun. Gee, I'll sure miss you folks. Maybe I'll drop by again some time to see how you're doing.

Ciao, arrividerci, sciocchi.
JTR

United States

#3 May 13, 2007
paysan wrote:
Ok, this part of my study is complete, and so I must bid y'all a fond adieu...
My task here has been to document the extent of racism among the anti-immigrant movement. I am gathering data about this from various sources, one of which are online boards and blogs such as this one.
Simply by challenging the premises of anti-immigrant folks, it is easy to incite them to racism, since racism is their prime motivation. That is my thesis. And it is being confirmed. All of the data collected by me and the other 7 members of the team will be analyzed by computers, chi-square, regressions to show correlation of anti-immigrant fervor with the use of ethnic slurs or insults.
Well, I know all these big words are confusing you. However, I thank all of you for providing data which confirms my hypothesis. This data will be used extensively among the immigrant-defense movement to counter any effect you may attempt to have on society. It will be used to publically sully the anti-immigrant movement with its own dirt...the racism which pervades it.
I do sincerely apologize for giving so many of you high blood pressure as I exposed your game. Hey, it's my job, ok. And I'm so sorry for confusing so many of you with big words, history, etc. That was very insensitive on my part. Still, it's been fun. Gee, I'll sure miss you folks. Maybe I'll drop by again some time to see how you're doing.
Ciao, arrividerci, sciocchi.
Wow, I love being a part of such an important scientific study. The excitement of the hypothosis, the experiment, the control group, the synopsis, the calculations, and above all else, a scientist's duty to remain indifferent during the study.

From reading all of your posts, I believe you have failed every time honored tradition practiced by scientists and scholars around the world. How do I know this? Well, because I am a scientist and a researcher. Therefore, allow me to ask you a few questions.

What, exactly, was your hypothosis? How did you design your study to confirm or deny your hypothosis? Who is your control group? If your study has to do with racism, please give me a clear definition. Will your study include your own comments, such as "traitor", "bigot", or "white trash"? If so, how will this data be compared with you study sample? Will you calculate different degrees of economic pressure based on geography and population theoris? What is the sigma and how do you classify? I am very interested in your research and I look forward to seeing it published. Please come back and let us know when your fine scientific research is complete. I mean wow, you must be in grad school...how exciting.

Oh yeah...tell me, how do you know that we have confirmed your theory while you are still collecting data. Doesn't that come in the "Conclusions and Discussion" part of the report? Hmmm, biased research...how pathetic.
ash

Yulee, FL

#4 May 13, 2007
I wish many more cities would follow this town it would be very nice if a city such as Dallas,or Housten and some of the east coast like Miami or Jacksonville Florida would follow suite
point missed

Plano, TX

#5 May 13, 2007
Paysan,

I thought you were going to Mexico to solve their problems for them? You being the highly educated person that you think you are, you sould be able to have them back on track by early August. Then there would be no need for new immigration laws. As I said before tear your ass!!
Grim

El Paso, TX

#6 May 14, 2007
How pathetic is this as if ya'll own the USA and have the right to say who stays and who goes all I hear is "the lost jobs " etc etc. We are talking about people trying to make a life for themselfs just like the rest of us are it is nothing but racism and and you can't white wash that. We all came from other places unless you are native to this land try to remember that.

“Get Right or Get left”

Since: Mar 07

Eatonton, GA

#7 May 14, 2007
How can it be "discrimination" if they are not US citizens? They don't belong here & have no rights here. If they want to live here and pay their own way and pay their own taxes, support the multiple children they pop out one after another (that you and I pay for) fine, become a citizen. Otherwise, get out. More cities should follow suit and implement these laws!
Brenda

Jacksonville, FL

#8 May 14, 2007
Hopefully Congress and other government offices will take notice that this is what the American people want. We don't want them here illegally, we need better immigration laws and we need to support businesses and cities who do things like Dallas has done. I support the city of Dallas!
Latinos NOW

United States

#9 May 24, 2007
ACS

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2011
How can you just judge us immigrants. If you have not lived a day in our shoes then don't point your finger. I was brought here illegally at the age of 3 & I'm here to accomplish many things just like YOU. We have dreams for our self and our kids just like you. Wanting better just like you. Unfortunately some of us don't have the great life like you americans. But we struggle every single day of our lifes to make those dreams come true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmers Branch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Storage units 12 min Jonas 1
Time to Expose NFLís Corruption 3 hr TAAM 1
Jerry Jones F'ed Up 4 hr Roderick 2
Cowboys need less Thugs 5 hr Roderick 3
gasmonkey garage-rude (Dec '13) 5 hr Igotta hotrod 29
Should you be FORCED to salute a flag yet try t... 5 hr Freak flag fly 1
News Court of Criminal Appeals stays ruling that voi... 5 hr Fact checker 2

Farmers Branch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance