Faribault man accused of charging mor...

Faribault man accused of charging more than $10,000 on grandma's credit card

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 8, 2011, titled Faribault man accused of charging more than $10,000 on grandma's credit card. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Faribault man is accused of using his grandmother's credit card to charge more than $10,000 at Wal-Mart, clothing stores, a hotel and other places.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#1 Feb 8, 2011
charging 10 grand on your grandma's credit card and thinking no one would notice?.. What I don't understand is how he could have charged goods at say Walmart, with her credit card and NO ONE notices or asks for ID? Oh well, the kid will get off with 2 years probation and 80 hours of community service so no big deal anyway...
St Paulie Girl

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 8, 2011
Oh Danny Boy wrote:
charging 10 grand on your grandma's credit card and thinking no one would notice?.. What I don't understand is how he could have charged goods at say Walmart, with her credit card and NO ONE notices or asks for ID? Oh well, the kid will get off with 2 years probation and 80 hours of community service so no big deal anyway...
Maybe you live on an island or something, but in my experiences, I have only been asked to show an ID once (and it was not for a major purchase). I don't ever see anyone get carded when using any type of card. And yes, my purse was stolen long before they invented check cards and whoever did it wrote quite a few checks. It is the owners responsibility to safeguard their stuff, not the responsiblity of the store clerk! And yes, I have children and grandchildren! I assume the Grandma knew something was up and that's why she found receipts in his room at her house.
tim johnson

Cedar, MN

#3 Feb 8, 2011
he sounds like a pretty good guy!
free in mn

Garden City, MI

#4 Feb 8, 2011
He didn't do this in 2-3 days, did he? Did she get the bills? Pay them? Was it in a month and she got that whopper bill? That's why it pays to read the news; she would know this is happening quite often (If she is very ill, I take it all back.).

I don't use my card much and my company knows that. When I charged something out of the ordinary they actually called me to make sure it was me. Yes, I was surprised.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#5 Feb 8, 2011
St Paulie Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you live on an island or something, but in my experiences, I have only been asked to show an ID once (and it was not for a major purchase). I don't ever see anyone get carded when using any type of card. And yes, my purse was stolen long before they invented check cards and whoever did it wrote quite a few checks. It is the owners responsibility to safeguard their stuff, not the responsiblity of the store clerk! And yes, I have children and grandchildren! I assume the Grandma knew something was up and that's why she found receipts in his room at her house.
first of all, no I don't live on an island...second of all, I have cashiers at both Cub abd Target asking for my card and looking at the name on it, almost on a regular basis, humm, you claim that hasn't happened to you?...strange and if it's true I'd shop elsehwere. I make it a point to thank cashiers when they ask to see my card, whether it be a debit card or credit card and again, if I were you and was never asked to see it, I think I'd ask the manager why this isn't being done becuase it is done as a safeguard for the store as well as the individual. I am well aware that it is MY responsibility to ensure my card is safe but by the cashier asking to see it, well they are helping keep your card secure and that is a good thing for everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faribault Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Tue FaIth Breeds Stup... 35,579
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) Mon Troy 34
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... Sep 26 Paris Hilton 24
Sick hillary Sep 25 LIbEralS 11
News Ramsey County / Meth dealer's motives in sting ... (Aug '08) Sep 24 Lynnhollenbeck 13
Hillary will lose! "EmailGate" NOT WORTHY TO BE... Sep 24 cantmakeitup 5
Don't vote for Hillary! Sep 24 cantmakeitup 7

Faribault Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Faribault Mortgages