Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
23,861 - 23,880 of 32,140 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

I like water vapor too, I'm not just for CO2.
Bushwhacked

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Endless repetition of utterly destroyed nonsense argument = just another concession. You have no shame. Apparently, you also have no idea what effect you're having on your cause, either.
Bushwhacked

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

We all care what you "like", as you spew absurdities.... Pretty ironic, your "accepted" scientist agrees, there's global warming, but offered no "test" of his blather....
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I might have abbreviated my argument, in the example above the AGW assumption is tacit. I'm sorry of gcaveman1 is confused.
No, you might have gotten confused. That's what happens you tell a lot of lies; it's hard to keep up with all of them.

Just yesterday, you admitted that sea level is rising and said on another thread that there was no proof of that. You might be confused, but there's something else. Everyone here is getting used to your new name, lyin' brian.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
No, you might have gotten confused. That's what happens you tell a lot of lies; it's hard to keep up with all of them. Just yesterday, you admitted that sea level is rising and said on another thread that there was no proof of that. You might be confused, but there's something else. Everyone here is getting used to your new name, lyin' brian.
Sea levels rise and fall, trends don't tell us anything about right now and the future, just about the past. Recent geological trends show sea levels slowly rising; don't panic. The Dutch have recovered more land than they've lost.

Climate change is real, climate change mitigation is a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change alarmism is pseudoscience. That's objectively true because there are no experimental tests for climate change mitigation. The verifiable qualities of prescription drugs are experimentally tested but climate quackery of restricting CO2 emissions or funding carbon sinks has never had that degree of scrutiny.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
... Everyone here is getting used to your new name, lyin' brian.
Everyone on gcaveman1's side; we don't go in for name calling. Truth is more valuable than irrationality.
Bushwacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

If you're not a scientist, then performing the "experiment" would have no meaning for you, even if it were possible...

Perhaps, we could ask you to see if you can live without several organs ? I see you've started with your "brain", try your liver next.

Weak & stupid argument & you know it.
Bushwacked

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Bushwacker wrote:
If you're not a scientist, then performing the "experiment" would have no meaning for you, even if it were possible...
Perhaps, we could ask you to see if you can live without several organs ? I see you've started with your "brain", try your liver next.
Weak & stupid argument & you know it.
I see the Gay Slewsie from Seattle is still spreading his lies on Topix.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]I'm not a scientist, I don't design experiments.......[/QUOTE]

....... because it has errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES.

But 'lyin' brian' IS a 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener, also designing slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a scientist, I don't design experiments that test theories for my living. I can't find an experimental test of man made global warming; can you cite one?
Not only that, you apparently never finished high school because the 5th grade conception of the scientific method that you insist upon would have been corrected.

Heck, you must have an IQ below 75, since the idiocy of your 5th grade conception of the scientific method has been refuted multiple times in this thread.

And perhaps your reading skills are lacking as well because you've never responded to the implications to other scientific fields of your 5th grade conception of the scientific method.

Perhaps you're merely an autistic parrot whose been taught to regurgitate this one failed argument without even knowing what it means.

Or perhaps you're paid to appear to be dumber than a sack of hammers to keep fooling your audience, which consists of people who can only aspire to being as smart as a sack of hammers.

You lose again, fool.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I might have abbreviated my argument, in the example above the AGW assumption is tacit. I'm sorry of gcaveman1 is confused.
WTF?! You were had. You admit to the effect while denying it. It's pointed out. You post indecipherable nonsense.

You lose.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

You don't have to be a scientist to appreciate an experiment. Robert Andrew Millikan had a compelling demonstration for the force of one electron. Don't panic, climate always changes.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Even non scientists can see how experiments are used in science to test theories. I find the emotion driven climate fear argument worst of all; shame on politicians demagoguing climate science. They are as shameful as the public funded researchers that find a vested interest in public funds for research.
But apparently, you're not one of them, since you remain stuck on your 5th grade conception of the scientific method after endless refutations that you fail to acknowledge; after multiple request that you apply your 5th grade level of understanding equally to other scientific fields; after this failure to respond has been exposed repeatedly.

So who's demagoguing science here, LOSER?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
WTF?! You were had. You admit to the effect while denying it. It's pointed out. You post indecipherable nonsense.
You lose.
I call it testing an argument by making an assumption. Even if the AGW effect is true, there's no experiment that shows there would be harm or benefit from climate change mitigation. Get real.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You don't have to be a scientist to appreciate an experiment. Robert Andrew Millikan had a compelling demonstration for the force of one electron. Don't panic, climate always changes.
But you have to be a sentient being to acknowledge and respond to critique, eh LOSER?

A sentient being wouldn't remain stuck on a 5th grade conception of the scientific method after endless refutations, nor would it fail to acknowledge said refutations. A sentient being wouldn't ignore multiple request to apply their conception of science equally to other scientific fields even after this failure to respond has been exposed repeatedly.
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I call it testing an argument by making an assumption. Even if the AGW effect is true, there's no experiment that shows there would be harm or benefit from climate change mitigation. Get real.
Uh, OK. I'll "get real" about whatever you just said as soo as you explain what it means. It appears to be a muddle of anti-logic. Explain it - clearly and logically - and I'll "get real" all over it.

Capiche, loser?
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
We know it is not water vapor because the scientists leave that variable out of their computer models...
Further evidence that the planet may burn up from 40 additional molecules of CO2.
You just lost, LOSER. You lost because you just simultaneously showed that you know nothing about the science and exposed your disinterest in learning anything about it.

Water vapor is ALL OVER the computer models, you simpering twit!
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you might have gotten confused. That's what happens you tell a lot of lies; it's hard to keep up with all of them.
Just yesterday, you admitted that sea level is rising and said on another thread that there was no proof of that. You might be confused, but there's something else. Everyone here is getting used to your new name, lyin' brian.
Indeed. One of the easiest ways for the non-scientifically minded to see the intellectual dishonesty of science deniers is to be exposed to the willingness of the many variations of denial to support each other against the science even though they are mutually exclusive. In the extreme - though by no means rare - individual science deniers support multiple, mutually exclusive, contradictory anti-science positions. They sometimes do so in the same paragraph.

This is dogmatic rejection of reality. It is PRECISELY the same phenomenon that one sees among 9-11 conspiracy theorists, moon landing hoaxers, Obama birthers, and most any conspiracy theory one can name.

This is not a coincidence. Science denial, whether it be creationism, climate denial, relativity denial, plate techtonics denial, heliocentrism denial, round earth denial, or rejection of any other scientific field or conclusion, IS conspiracism. They're just a subset of conspiracy theories.

And as with all CT'ists, science deniers are immune to rational discourse. I truly believe that it is a symptom of a particular type of brain "wiring".
Kyle

Cromwell, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Where did you go, Lyin' Brian? I suppose you'll lie low for a while and then come back repeating your idiocies as if never refuted. Got to, right? I mean, it's your job, isn't it?

If it is your job, I again suggest that you get with your bosses because you're not helping your cause by being so blatantly non-responsive to criticisms.

If it's not your job, I suggest that you seek mental help. Whatever pathology leads you to such adamant and unending use of fallacies and lies cannot be healthy.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lost, LOSER. You lost because you just simultaneously showed that you know nothing about the science and exposed your disinterest in learning anything about it.
Water vapor is ALL OVER the computer models, you simpering twit!
CO2 is the main 'variable' that drives AGW. Water vapor is represented as a "Positive Feedback" in the climate models. We appear to be debating Cause and Effect v Effect and Cause... as usual.

Post Script:
We are all losers if James Hansen, Phil Jones, Kevin Trenberth, and Mike Mann don't find a way to remove 40 molecules of Carbon Dioxide poison from the other 999,960 molecules in our atmosphere.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Faribault Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Faribault People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••