Judge says Faribault nurse went onlin...

Judge says Faribault nurse went online, goaded pair into suicide

There are 14 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 17, 2011, titled Judge says Faribault nurse went online, goaded pair into suicide. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A former Faribault nurse accused of seeking out depressed people online and encouraging two to kill themselves was found guilty Tuesday of aiding the suicides of an English man and Canadian woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Huge Jazz

Montréal, Canada

#2 Mar 16, 2011
weak minds wrote:
if a nobody can talk 2 people into killing themselfs what could a well funded ,educated group do to the young ? see your army, air force,navy, jar head recruiter today
You named yourself well.
steveo

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 16, 2011
weak minds wrote:
if a nobody can talk 2 people into killing themselfs what could a well funded ,educated group do to the young ? see your army, air force,navy, jar head recruiter today
Or...Take any taxpayer, well-funded liberal arts class ran by an educated group in just about any college or university in the US, and let them shape and "enlighten" your mind with their unbiasness.
rjs

Brainerd, MN

#4 Mar 16, 2011
Guess a person better watch what they say from here on out. I have had people whine to me about killing themselves. I have often offered advise to make them feel better and the issue past. There are those few that every fricken time you see them they are filthy, sad, always whining, ALWAYS. Eventually one gets tired of that type of attention seeking crap. One time I told that particular person, FINE, go ahead, do it. Until he was faced with that he was constantly dragging everyone around him down. Since finally letting out the go ahead, I have heard nothing about suicide from this person. How would I have felt if he would have done it? Well after literally years of hearing it, well ya kinds stop caring what happens. If someone kills themselves because someone says go ahead and do it, well, sorry, kinda conflicts with the freedom of speech. How can one be prosecuted for words? Someone kills themselves, not like someone put the ol' needle in the arm for them. Words hurt, they always have. Children commit suicide because of words every day, who is convicting those bullies that NEVER seem to learn the lesson their whole life? Who was this so called killer when he was in school?

Kind of distorts the next headline: Man convicted of killing ex-girlfriend from Eagan

In the light of this article my head wanted to see it like this.
Man convicted of killing ex-girlfriend, from Eagan

You know like he did it LONG DISTANCE, obviously he did not but a few will see exactly what I mean, most will not have a clue.

Bout the story, I say CUT HIM LOOSE! He didn't kill anybody. The real killers KILLED THEMSELVES. This really is not too far from someone begging the girlfriend to try sky diving, after 10 no ways he finally convinces her, the first jump-shoot don't open, she dies. Did HE kill her? well did he? Should he go to jail? Should he? Really? & why or why not...
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 16, 2011
Tell you what, let one of your loved ones who suffers from depression become suicidal and is not only ENCOURAGED to kill him/herself but told HOW s/he can do it by someone who is a REGISTERED NURSE and then come back and tell us that you think nothing should happen to that person.

It is ILLEGAL to take advantage of a vulnerable person. A suicidal person is in a vulnerable state. This sick man took advantage of these people for his own sick entertainment. He SOUGHT people like this out. That's a far cry from expressing, in a moment of frustration, that you're tired of someone constantly talking of suicide.

As regards your scenario the boyfriend would only be in trouble if his girlfriend was mentally handicapped and unable to fully understand what she was agreeing to and the boyfriend KNEW that she was mentally handicapped.

Or if the boyfriend had threatened her with harm if she didn't agree.

rjs

Brainerd, MN

#7 Mar 16, 2011
I just think this is going to open a very, VERY ugly doorway that will no doubt put many innocent people in prisons for what? words? BS

You have all seen how stupids laws grow into a crap fest, well, this is going to be the next one. Disagree now, just wait, watch and see.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 16, 2011
rjs wrote:
<quoted text>
Only thing this guy is really guilty of is taking credit for something that was going to happen one day anyway.
You don't know that it was going to happen one day anyway. It might have or these two people may have been among those who were helped by medication/therapy and lived a full life.
rjs

Brainerd, MN

#9 Mar 16, 2011
We just had an incident up here. Girl wanted a ride on 4 wheeler, begged boyfriend over and over for a ride. Gave her a ride, hit a tree she is dead. he is in jail. It was a accident.

Same hand. Girl cruising with friends driving fast on back roads, Blows a stop sign on coming motorcycle hits girl cycleing is dead. NO jail time, no nothing for the 18 year old girl.

SHE KILLED A MAN WITH A CAR no charges.
MINNESOTA two frauds for every blade of grass and a legal system as filthy as a turd stain.

You wanna convict a guy for words. BOO-hiss.
Sugaree

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 16, 2011
i guarantee you this guy's a democrat. i'm sure he's a big fan of abortion on demand, which is a sacrament to the democrat party.
rjs

Brainerd, MN

#11 Mar 16, 2011
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that it was going to happen one day anyway. It might have or these two people may have been among those who were helped by medication/therapy and lived a full life.
ah,,,,,, ya K'ok then...A STRANGER TALKED A STRANGER INTO SUICDE! Don't be stupid!
rjs

Brainerd, MN

#13 Mar 16, 2011
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya....K'ok then.
A stranger talked a stranger into killing themselves. Please don't be stupid. I have been around long enough to see the words on the wall.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 16, 2011
rjs wrote:
We just had an incident up here. Girl wanted a ride on 4 wheeler, begged boyfriend over and over for a ride. Gave her a ride, hit a tree she is dead. he is in jail. It was a accident.
Same hand. Girl cruising with friends driving fast on back roads, Blows a stop sign on coming motorcycle hits girl cycleing is dead. NO jail time, no nothing for the 18 year old girl.
SHE KILLED A MAN WITH A CAR no charges.
MINNESOTA two frauds for every blade of grass and a legal system as filthy as a turd stain.
You wanna convict a guy for words. BOO-hiss.
I'm sorry. I won't try to confuse you with facts anymore.
Minnesota gal

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 16, 2011
rjs you should crawl back in your hole in the back-woods. You sound like a militant red-neck idiot. Have some respect.

This story is very sad. This nurse posed as someone else and obviously had no previous relationship with the people who took their life.

I lost a loved one to suicide not long ago. If someone, a stranger, had tried to egg him on I would do all I could to be sure they were criminally prosecuted. This is an internet predator and the people he was seeking are vulnerable. His statements that he was helping them by "being with them" prove he was a sick twist. He committed a crime and I hope he gets a maximum sentence.
rjs

Brainerd, MN

#16 Mar 16, 2011
okay then we get it, moral of the story Don't dump on the Internet, Maybe all this social networking isn't so healthy. Maybe on the Internet people find exactly what they are really looking for.

Maybe it is time for the human race to learn maybe just maybe we need to slow down a little and realize that just because we can, doesn't always mean we should. If these people were really that bad off, where in the heck were the family members, support people, etc. seems they didn't show up till it was time to BLAME SOMEONE!
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Mar 16, 2011
Minnesota gal wrote:
rjs you should crawl back in your hole in the back-woods. You sound like a militant red-neck idiot. Have some respect.
This story is very sad. This nurse posed as someone else and obviously had no previous relationship with the people who took their life.
I lost a loved one to suicide not long ago. If someone, a stranger, had tried to egg him on I would do all I could to be sure they were criminally prosecuted. This is an internet predator and the people he was seeking are vulnerable. His statements that he was helping them by "being with them" prove he was a sick twist. He committed a crime and I hope he gets a maximum sentence.
I agree with your view that the nurse involved was a simple predator. I, on the other hand wouldn't notify anyone. To the pedophile priests and other predator's out there: Some day I, or someone like me might get a chance to change your life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faribault Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Lies Matter to Disrupt State Fair! 1 min cowboy chris 62
Gayism the mental illness 1 min Normal is OK 1
Amazing 4 blacks IDed on race 2 min Normal is OK 7
Team Obama behind IRS Scandal (May '13) 10 hr LIbErals 115
News St. Paul man convicted of stabbing wife 64 time... (Apr '11) 11 hr dGo mdDaen lyHo i... 21
Hillary should pay for Benghazi (Apr '14) 11 hr Normal is OK 51
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 19 hr Intrepid Surfer 318
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Faribault Mortgages