Fargo man fatally shot in apartment

Fargo man fatally shot in apartment

There are 44 comments on the Brainerd Daily Dispatch story from Jun 17, 2006, titled Fargo man fatally shot in apartment. In it, Brainerd Daily Dispatch reports that:

A man died here after he was shot in the chest with a handgun Saturday, and a suspect was in custody, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brainerd Daily Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Quitina Cook

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Jun 19, 2006
I am so thankful that Deandre A. Buchanan has been found and is in custody by the Fargo police. I am sure that things will be handled accordinly by the law and there will be justice for my nephew, Jeremy J. Cook. I love you my nephew Jeremy and very much.

Thank you Fargo Police from the Cook Family.
Dustin Erickson

Madison, WI

#2 Jun 20, 2006
I feel deeply for the family of Jememy J. Cook and my heart goes out to them. However, I am even more shocked to hear this news than I was to hear the news about the "alleged home invasion" in July of 2004. Deandre Buchanan was a good kid and I never would have imagined this to come out of him. I also attended the Verona Area High School in the same class of 2001, and watched him play for the UW Badgers in the years following.

Dustin Erickson

My heart goes out to the family of Jeremy Cook.
Aiyana

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 26, 2006
As a close personal friend of jeremy cooks as well as an aquantence of dre i would like to say that its unfortunate things had to end this way. jeremy was a loving protective intelligent man. He had moved here to better himself and in the long run beable to give back to the people who gave him his beginings...he wanted to become n electrician. As angry as i am to had to of seen my best friend pass before my eyes it angers me more that people have the odasity to say it was accidental.I KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT. it saddens me that two people with so much possibility had to have their lives end in this manner. All i can say is i got you jeremy..you my boy n i love fam, and to his family my prayers are with you now and take comfort in knowing that with each ending comes a new begining
Annonymous

Fargo, ND

#4 Jul 18, 2006
So, I know Deandre very well. I do not believe this was accidental however I truly believe it was a gambling situation gone bad. I do feel that drugs were involved and if you knew at all what Deandre had been dealing with the last year and what he had been getting into. Any associate could and would've only been a part of it as well. So, it is truly unfortunate that Jeremy had to pass, however, if he was truly a great person, he will end up in a better place then Deandre. He will be stuck in Jail and have to face terror and torture every day he is locked up. So, just because Jeremy is defensless right now does not mean that Deandre needs to be accused of him causing the situation 100%. I truly believe there was some type of triggering and that is what set him off to do such a hanus thing.
John Cena

Fargo, ND

#5 Jul 20, 2006
Screw Jeremy lets worry about divas
relative of deandre

Mishawaka, IN

#6 Aug 8, 2006
although a young life lost is not the answer i feel deeply sadden for the family of cook, but in the same breath i am equally sadden for deandre . events went on in that apartment, that some one knows, but its just easiest for them to stay silent than to tell the truth. knowning deandre closely im sure that what happen was an accident. and that both were doing things that should not have been done.but taking chances seems to be whats going on with our young.
annonomous

United States

#7 Aug 9, 2006
What a stupid comment to make...grow up...think of how others feel before you say something so heartless. Jerk
annonomous

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2006
that is jerk meaning John Cena
alicia

Freedom, WI

#9 Aug 10, 2006
I would like to agree with that last comment. Two bright young men have lost their lives. Although Deandre is still alive, prison is not much of a life. I grew up with De and I still struggle to believe that he could have taken someone's life. I hate it. I pray for De and his family that they stay as strong as they can. I feel sorrow in my heart for Jeremy's family. I didn't know him, but whoever is hurt by his loss, I pray for you.
relative of deandre

Mishawaka, IN

#10 Aug 13, 2006
dear annonomous its very clear....... that your comment toward the comment made was too difficult for you to comprehend. the comment was bias on both side why dont you think about it!!!!!
annonomous

United States

#11 Aug 18, 2006
Bias on both sides when it starts out as Screw Jeremy? I do think, and I do comprehend, obveously you don't. But you would think that is okay for Jeremy's family to read when yours is the one still alive and there's is not. I feel sorry for only Jeremy and his family. Yes maybe something did happen, but everyone in there lives makes choices. There is right, and there is wrong. No matter what the situation was, killing is never the answer. How would you all feel if it was turned around and the rolls were reversed? Deandre made a choice, and he acted on it. Now he should pay for that, just as Jeremy did. Deandre can see his loved ones again and they can see him. Jeremy and his family can't, they never got that choice. But what do you care, you still have your family.
Friend of Deandre

Fargo, ND

#12 Aug 18, 2006
Anonymous - Listen too yourself. Deandre may still have his family and he may still be alive... But the world is turning into a living hell. If Jeremy was as great as they say, he already is enjoying life way more then he did on earth. Deandre will continue to live, but when he passes eventually he will not have the opportunity to go to heaven like Jeremy may have. Read the bible. It says only God can make and take a life. Deandre will eventually pay for the choice he made of taking Jeremy's life. He will have to suffer in a different way then Jeremy but he will get his 10X's full. If things were turned the other way it would've been better on our (Friends and relatives of dre's) part because he will have at least been given the chance to live eternally with the Lord. What's done is done, who gave anyone the right to blame and point fingers. Obviously there was a rhyme and reason, and things happen for a reason.
annonomous

United States

#13 Aug 23, 2006
UUUGGGHHH!!!!! Okay...your right...poor Deandre...I am not pointing fingers, all I said was that was a poor way of saying or starting something when it says "screw Jeremy". And your telling me that I don't comprehend, and to listen to myself...I guess where I come from we treat others with respect. I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who can take a gun, and shoot someone, more less even point it at anyone. Now for his family, yes, I do feel for them. They have my sympathy. But you wouldn't understand that I am sure, because you can only "comprehend" your view on things. So you are right. It isn't Deandre's family's fault. They are suffering just as Jeremy's are. That alone kills any parents heart. As for reading the bible, I do thank you very much, and it also says "Thou shall not kill and it also states love your neighbor as you love yourself"...you may have heard of that beings your so religious. Or maybe you skipped right over that.
annonomous also

United States

#14 Aug 24, 2006
I agree with annonomous. Sounds like she/he fully understands and comprehends. I don't think this person is out of line at all. Flat out all that person said is that both families are suffering due to what happened. Dre' won't have to worry about hell, once he hits prision and bubba is waiting for someone in the shower, that will alone be punnishment. Some day when you have kids or if you do have kids, are you going to let someone shoot yours and still be able to look at that other person and say "you have no right to point fingers...everything happens for a reason?" I would like to see you go tell the Cook family that. God can only help you if you are dumb enought. As for the cook family, I am so sorry for your loss, God grant you the strenght to make it through your time of sorrow. No matter what happened that night, there is no excuse for what Dre did. It is time now that he takes his punishment. He made his bed, lie in it. There is other ways to handle things, no matter who started the fight or whatever, guns are not the answer. May Jeremy rest in peace.
annonomous

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2006
I know some people who have been in prision...best be getting Deandre some Vaseline...he is going to need it! That isn't a joke either.
me too

United States

#16 Aug 24, 2006
Isn't that the truth...don't plan on sitting anytime soon...give it about 6 months and maybe he won't feel it anymore when he does. Yucko! Men don't want to be someone's girlfriend, but that is exactly what goes on there. Don't turn your back in prision, nor drop that soap..no good comes of it ever!
people

Villa Park, IL

#17 Aug 25, 2006
time tells all and only time will tell the truth god knows what happen that night and he gives us the power and strenght to find out,two people lost out and two families are feeling hurt,so let god handle it.
Law

Villa Park, IL

#18 Aug 25, 2006
though things unfold in ways we maynot like,we still have to be patient and beleave that this was an accident until we know different
annonomous

United States

#19 Aug 29, 2006
That is so true...some people just need to watch how they state things, so it isn't hurtful to either family. This is a hard situation on both sides of the fence. Very sad things like this happen everyday.
friend

Villa Park, IL

#20 Aug 29, 2006
we are in your corner, belaeve in god and he will provide for you in your time of need Dre, couse I've known you for along time and my prayers are with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fargo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks in Fargo??? (Aug '08) May 24 whyyoumad 34
News Advanced Practice Nurse - Inpatient May 1 The Ace of Spades 6
West Fargo Music Thread (Apr '12) Apr '15 Musikologist 34
2006 sprinter 2500 egr monitor Mar '15 PRONTO 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Nidoe 25
Why do people hate God (Jan '12) Mar '15 Aided 6
cattle ranchers Mar '15 SUSAN PAGE 1
More from around the web

Fargo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]